MLB 2017: The House That Bones Built

Myshkin

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I'm afraid wetbutt23's brother's friend is probably gonna get fired.

I've been pretty silent all season.  No reason to crow or cheer, as the Cubs have simply scuffled.  That being said, this was a great trade for both teams.  Yes, a higher price than anyone ever WANTS to pay, but this was as much a trade for 18, 19, and 20 as it was 2017.  Quintana is controllable for three years, and thays as big as anything else because he's a solid number two pitcher on a really good team.  And since it was a win also for the Sox, I'm anticipating a Cubs/White Sox World Series in 2019 or 2020...

23 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

19 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I died at this:

KatyPerrysBootyHole is both the Woodward and the Bernstein of our generation, and wetbutt23 is our Deep Throat.

54 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The Giants really dodged a bullet there. Wonder what happened to that guy. I guess the weight just caught up.

Boston is a brutal place to play.

For Yanks fans, Pineda likely needs TJ surgery, and Greg Bird might need ankle surgery.

And for Cubs fans, rumor has it the Cubbies are making a push for Sonny Gray. Considering they have no one left on the farm, they'd have to part with major league talent to get him.

2 hours ago, Myshkin said:

Boston is a brutal place to play.

I am glad that I caught a game at Fenway a few years back and I generally had a good time in Boston.  A local even tried to set me up with her niece after plying me with several Sam Adams Rebel IPAs.  That said, Fenway is a dump and the area around it is peopled exclusively with drunk dudes wanting to give me a wicked beatin' if they found out I didn't love the Sawks.

Archived