MLB 2017: The House That Bones Built

Myshkin

myshkin, good god damn do i love you and our amazing children, this crop of Los Angeles Dodgers!

as partners, soulmates, parents and nurturers it is totally okay to lean on one another and look out on our boys,  Clayton,  Corey,  Justin, Cody, Yasmani, Joc, Yasiel, Chris,  Alex, etc and realize our love and nurturing has paid off.

Watson had been miscast as a closer to start off the year in Pittsburgh, but he has been rounding back into form as a high quality lefty who can work comfortably in the 7th and 8th innings. Good pickup for the Dodgers.

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

Great deal for the Dodgers to get Darvish for Calhoun. Happy they stuck to their guns and didn't give up Buehler, Verdugo, or Alvarez. Also like the flock of Tonys we picked up today.

As a Dodger fan I hate the Yanks, but right now I hate David Price's Sawks more, so I like seeing them make moves to put the Sawks in their rear view mirror. Hopefully the Sawks overreact and pick up Verlander and all his money after he clears waivers.

Still think it's going to be Houston you're gonna have to get past, but only time will tell. Not sure there's an NL club that can give you guys a series. Maybe the Nats if that offense gets really hot?

Aye, great day for the Dodgers.  Didn't have to give up much for Darvish.  Still celebrating the Yanks getting Gray.  They gave up a lot of high risk/reward types that may turnout great (but honestly, wondering the last trade that included two seriously injured prospects), but good to see they're going for it.  Dodgers and Astros are on a tier of they're own, but I think the Yanks are now legitly in the Nats/Cubs/Indians second tier.  And in the playoffs, anything can happen.  Perhaps more so than any other sport.

1 hour ago, kairparavel said:

Hello from AT&T Park where 200 Club Level seats are going for 35 bucks on Stubhub which is one dollar for every game the Giants are back.

OUCH. Hey, at least ticket prices are way down. Just got some nice seats on the 3rd base side for the Dodger's series in September at 35 per. Hope you kids enjoy the game. Beautiful park, eh?

17 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

you can swap the giants wins with their losses and they are still  10 games out of first.

loved their stadium last night. it really is a great venue for baseball.  can't say i didn't think of lord o bones while we were there. 

Yeah, your boys are headed to a 100+ win season and the Giants are courting a 100+ loss one. Fuck.

Ah well, at least we don't have to play in that shitbox Oakland does. ;)

1 hour ago, kairparavel said:

I do wish we had gone to the Coliseum Sunday. I'm collecting parks and would have liked to cross it off. Instead we were behind Danny Glover in the local supermarket checkout in Pacific Heights. Oh well. 

Really the only plus is that you can take BART to the game. Kind of a horrid park at the end of the day. You could try to hit a Raiders game if you come back in the winter and knock it out that way. 

Tell me you came up behind Glover and loudly proclaimed that you are too old for this shit. 

7 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

darvish seems to be working out ok 

That guy is a fucking ace. I'm not sure why this season has been so rough for him (still recovering from his injury to some degree maybe?) but when he's on, he's as good as they get. And going from AL to NL? Forget about it.

Archived