MLB 2017: The House That Bones Built

Myshkin

I just come in here to see how M&M are getting along, what with my team recommitted to irrelevance and the Public Transit Evaders* fulfilling all the fears of the 'we need a cap' brigade. My verdict: the quantity is definitely down, but with the Shinobi code et al, still pretty good quality. 

*only way their name makes any sense in L.A.

1 minute ago, Myshkin said:

Bryce Harper avoids serious knee damage. Headed to DL, but expected back this season. 

Yeah great to hear - can't believe after watching that last night he didn't tear anything serious and doesn't need surgery.  Thought he'd be done for 12 months or something.

3 hours ago, James Arryn said:

I just come in here to see how M&M are getting along, what with my team recommitted to irrelevance and the Public Transit Evaders* fulfilling all the fears of the 'we need a cap' brigade. My verdict: the quantity is definitely down, but with the Shinobi code et al, still pretty good quality. 

*only way their name makes any sense in L.A.

Downtown L.A. used to have a really cool looking trolley system. I think it went defunct a few years after the Dodger's got to town, so it made sense for a short time.

Man, the Mariners just seem to be dead set on either getting that wildcard in spectacular and last minute fashion, or just crushing every last ounce of hope this fandom has left. Finally get over .500 only to go on a four game losing streak.

15 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Fucking Devers.  Chapman actually looked really good in the 9th.  Guess it was too much to ask of the baseball gods to go 3-0 during Sale starts.

This was... Very satisfying.

http://deadspin.com/rafael-deverss-home-run-broke-this-yankees-fan-1797816331

39 minutes ago, Myshkin said:

You can say whatever you want, it won't change the fact the the Giants are 25 games under .500 while the Dodgers are 50 games over. 

Go ahead, stab me in the ass while i'm down. If your knife is anything like your sister, it'll stop when it gets halfway in and start crying.

/I don't even know what that means, but it feels right.

11 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Sanchize with 4 HRs and a 1.091 OPS in 13 games of August.  He seems to really like August.  His arms are the Guns of August.

Gary is definitely warm right now. Chapman going slider happy yesterday. He is just a mental case right now.

And Judge going for the K streak record tonight! 32 games and counting...

25 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Chapman going slider happy yesterday. He is just a mental case right now.

He seemed to be open to a (at least temporary) demotion last night.  They can't keep running him out there like this in closing situations, need to figure out what's wrong even if he doesn't go back to the DL.

25 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

And Judge going for the K streak record tonight! 32 games and counting...

Even if he doesn't break it tonight, you know he's gonna eventually.

10 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

He seemed to be open to a (at least temporary) demotion last night.  They can't keep running him out there like this in closing situations, need to figure out what's wrong even if he doesn't go back to the DL.

Even if he doesn't break it tonight, you know he's gonna eventually.

Chapman grimaced after throwing the final pitch and pulled up lame after covering first base last night.

Archived