MLB 2017: The House That Bones Built

Myshkin

40 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Eh, I'm having trouble generating tears here. Or are you being sarcastic? Sandoval is getting 50 mill to sit on his fat ass and stuff his face with El Pastor.

Oh.  Wait..what?  You're making me feel like an old man.  And maybe my brain is after all the abuse.  But no, I did not intend to generate sympathy specifically for any of the names mentioned.  They're all pretty well taken care of.  What I meant at the end of my post is that the new CBA favors and is designed to ensure a larger share of revenues goes to the owners rather than the players.  I am and will always be against this - for any sport, industry, or what have you.

5 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Oh.  Wait..what?  You're making me feel like an old man.  And maybe my brain is after all the abuse.  But no, I did not intend to generate sympathy specifically for any of the names mentioned.  They're all pretty well taken care of.  What I meant at the end of my post is that the new CBA favors and is designed to ensure a larger share of revenues goes to the owners rather than the players.  I am and will always be against this - for any sport, industry, or what have you.

Ah, okay, I can get behind that angle. I'm down for with money for the players over the owners.

Greg Bird continued his rehab assignment tonight - he's "now 8-for-17 (.471) with two doubles and two homers in five rehab games."  He's very close to getting to that point, I can't help it..

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

You know what this is?

*Rubs forefinger and thumb together*

Even a reprobate like you has to feel something for a 37 year old pitcher who lost a no-hitter in the 10th. 

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

Even a reprobate like you has to feel something for a 37 year old pitcher who lost a no-hitter in the 10th. 

Seriously. I was going to post in here after the 8th ended but I didn't want to jinx the perfect game. Luckily, Logan Forsythe did that for me. And then that 10th. <sigh> But, 90 wins today. 

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

My initial reaction was "damn, he's old". Then I realized that he's exactly my age. It was a sucky way to miss out on a no-no though. 

Connecticut getting killed by Texas right now. 

So it seems some people are upset with Gary Sanchez for his "cheap shot" on Miggy in today's brawl. Now maybe I'm in the minority here, but as far as I'm concerned in a brawl there's no such thing as a cheap shot. When Miggy threw that first punch he knew he was starting a brawl that would involve 30+ people, and in a brawl that size you're gonna be eating punches from all sides. That's just how it works.

That was lowdown shit ass baseball by the Tigers and I'm kind of pissed off by the umps failure to control the game. How the fuck did Kahnle get bounced for throwing behind Miggy but Fulmer didn't get the same treatment for actually hitting Sanchez in his next AB following his fourth homer in three days? I'm not upset about Betances getting thrown out but Kahnle? And Miggy deserved exactly what he got, he was the instigator of that fracas so I'm with the minority too I guess.

Archived