NHL: Offseason (Trades, UFA, Awards & the Draft)

Nictarion

1 minute ago, Mark Antony said:

Check out the end of the Preds/Panthers for one of the worst calls you’ll ever see. Goalie interference is a joke in this league. 

Absolutely horrendous call. I was flying high after a 4 point game for Hall in a big win against the Rags and then that call ruined my night. Fuck the Panthers. 

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Devils are in!!!

So happy for Taylor Hall. 

Congrats dude. I’m also happy for Hall. His first time in the playoffs and Edmonton is gonna be sitting at home too. Must feel sweet 

Preds clincehd the Division, Conference, and Presidents Trophy which admittedly doesn’t mean much at all but still feels pretty fucking good. Home Ice is important though and hopefully will be used to our advantage in 4 series ;)

Gotta love Tortorella throwing in the towel yesterday to avoid playing the Pens in the first round and saying it was to rest players and whatever other bullshit excuses he was making. Sure, they were playing the Preds, but this guy gets no passes in my book. Pittsburgh has owned him and the Jackets, and he was flat out trying to not get matched up with them again. What a bitch.

1 hour ago, Joe Pesci said:

Gotta love Tortorella throwing in the towel yesterday to avoid playing the Pens in the first round and saying it was to rest players and whatever other bullshit excuses he was making. Sure, they were playing the Preds, but this guy gets no passes in my book. Pittsburgh has owned him and the Jackets, and he was flat out trying to not get matched up with them again. What a bitch.

Well at the same time from a neutral standpoint Philly vs Pitt is gonna be fucking lit :D 

3 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Well at the same time from a neutral standpoint Philly vs Pitt is gonna be fucking lit :D 

Pumped for this. The rivalry needs a revamping and what better way then matching up in a first round playoff series? Can't wait.

1 minute ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Pumped for this. The rivalry needs a revamping and what better way then matching up in a first round playoff series? Can't wait.

Oh man that series y’all had a few years back was insane. I remember I hated Neal cause of that series until he became a Pred of course :lol: 

switching topics. Who do you think gets the Hart trophy this year? I think Mackinnon, Hall, Giroux, and Kopitar all killed it and would each deserve it. 

19 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Oh man that series y’all had a few years back was insane. I remember I hated Neal cause of that series until he became a Pred of course :lol: 

switching topics. Who do you think gets the Hart trophy this year? I think Mackinnon, Hall, Giroux, and Kopitar all killed it and would each deserve it. 

45 goals in 4 games, and an insane amount of penalty minutes :o. Not a good result for us, though. And yeah, Neal is very hatable when he's not on your team ;) 

Giroux sneakily gets over 100 points this year. I wasn't aware. I think William Karlsson should be a nominee as well. League leader in +/-, and 43 goals in a surprise season. Never cracked 30 points before this year. Hall's season has been noteworthy with the point streaks, and have been able to see him play against the Pens since we're in same division. Gonna go with Hall for my pick. Dynamic player and he carries the team. 40 point drop off in points from Hall to the next leading scorer. Mackinnon had a great season but has the support of Rantanen and Landeskog. Not the most iron clad reasoning but I'll go with that. 

1 hour ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

It's been quiet the last few seasons, which maybe wasn't such a bad thing as most of the goons have filtered out of Philly and it can hopefully become a rivalry featuring the skilled players instead of the fighting. Should be a hell of a watch, though part of me really wishes we could have sent Torts packing again in the 1st round.

1 hour ago, Joe Pesci said:

It's been quiet the last few seasons, which maybe wasn't such a bad thing as most of the goons have filtered out of Philly and it can hopefully become a rivalry featuring the skilled players instead of the fighting. Should be a hell of a watch, though part of me really wishes we could have sent Torts packing again in the 1st round.

Indeed. Gotta figure we played each other in the playoffs 3 times in 5 years roughly so it was a lot of the same players with a lot of hatred towards each other. It climaxed in the 2012 playoffs, and we weren't on the good end of it. 

As far as who wins the Hart, I think it’s mostly between Hall, MacKinnon and Kopitar. Pretty big gap between Kopitar and his 2nd leading scorer as well (not as big as Hall’s though), and he plays a great two-way game. Other guys like Giroux, Kucherov, and Malkin all had great seasons, but they also all have a lot of help. It’ll be interesting. 

matchups are set:

Lightning vs Devils

Capitals vs Blue Jackets

Bruins vs Maple Leafs

Penguins vs Fylers

Predators vs Avalanche 

Jets vs Wild

Golden Knights vs Kings 

Ducks vs Sharks 

Boston/Tampa, ANA/SJ, VGK/LA, and CBJ/WSH could all go either way imo. Same with the other series as anything can happen in the fucking playoffs but those series are tough to call for me. 

Inject the first round of the nhl playoffs into my veins.

Archived