NHL: Offseason (Trades, UFA, Awards & the Draft)

Nictarion

22 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

@Joe Pesci How effing sick are you of this Invincible song? God damn.

Great stuff from Murray and crew. 

Oh, it's grating man. Impressed with the performance last night, I thought Hornqvist being out would hurt, but they didn't miss a beat. Time to wrap this series up tomorrow night.

The next thread title has to be:

NHL 2018 Playoffs: And you’re going to stop the play for a guy who’s still conscious?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/04/jack-edwards-bruins-announcer-nesn-meltdown-rant-maple-leafs-boston-stanley-cup-nhl

58 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

NHL 2018 Playoffs: And you’re going to stop the play for a guy who’s still conscious?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/04/jack-edwards-bruins-announcer-nesn-meltdown-rant-maple-leafs-boston-stanley-cup-nhl

It’ll be the 2020 playoffs before we’re ready for a new thread. :P

8 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I get the gripe. His reaction was funny.

8 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Colorado’s third stringer just stone walled us. Fucking deserved to lose. Hope we can close it out in 6 :( 

It was pretty amazing.  He wasn't making easy saves the whole time, you were getting great shots on him.  I woke up my kid when the Avs took the lead on the breakaway.

Weirdly enough I kind of expected a win last night, it just seems to happen so much when a backup get a chance to shine.  Keeps us hopeful but I don't see him surviving an onslaught like that two more times. Nashville is just too damn deep, I hate to watch when the MacKinnon line leaves the ice.

6 minutes ago, SkynJay said:

It was pretty amazing.  He wasn't making easy saves the whole time, you were getting great shots on him.  I woke up my kid when the Avs took the lead on the breakaway.

Weirdly enough I kind of expected a win last night, it just seems to happen so much when a backup get a chance to shine.  Keeps us hopeful but I don't see him surviving an onslaught like that two more times. Nashville is just too damn deep, I hate to watch when the MacKinnon line leaves the ice.

Mackinnon is just amazing. Every single time he has the puck I am so scared. What a player. 

Murray was stronger this series more times than not. Two shutouts is pretty good, no Nic? Doesn't matter much when you put up 8 goals. Insane amount of depth on this team which has been the case for the past two years and counting in the playoffs. So much secondary scoring. 

Hornqvist was a welcome presence back as Malkin sat out. Such a hard worker. Had moments where I wanted to flay Letang. Thought he was gonna get called for tripping on that Guentzel goal. 

Hopefully Columbus and Washington goes to seven so we can get a little rest. And philly fans, as always, stay classy. Damn. Crazy amount of shit getting thrown on the ice. So happy to bounce them out in their own building. 

Yep.  That was a beat down.  Hoped they could it get it back to Nashville but to be honest I didn't see the series getting to game 6.  Avs are a team with a bright future but good god is Nashville good.  Think i will root for them the rest of the way.

5 hours ago, Nictarion said:

yeah Philly showing no class as per usual. 

I barely watched the game.  I'm not a hockey fan.  But when I heard that fans were throwing beer I immediately rolled my eyes and thought how the media loves to rag on Philly fans and create the perception that Philadelphia somehow has a higher amount of drunk belligerent fans than other cities.

P.S. Still can't find video of the incident online.

11 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

I barely watched the game.  I'm not a hockey fan.  But when I heard that fans were throwing beer I immediately rolled my eyes and thought how the media loves to rag on Philly fans and create the perception that Philadelphia somehow has a higher amount of drunk belligerent fans than other cities.

P.S. Still can't find video of the incident online.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/04/penguins-flyers-fans-trash-threw-ice-video-reaction-stanley-cup-playoffs-nhl

1 hour ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

Thank you.  I watched all of the videos on that link and still can't see any Flyers fans throwing beer.  I did see a bottle on the ice though.  I'm sure there were a few drunk idiots who acted like imbeciles because they're low class.

I'm just tired of Philadelphia fans consistently getting the reputation that we're all classless.  It's an old cliche media bias.  Every fanbase has their imbeciles.  And if you applied that school of thought to an entire race, you'd be classified as a racist by the majority of people.

P.S. I do agree that Flyers fans have a right to throw rally towels and bracelets onto the ice.  That was the fanbase rightfully cursing at the Flyers.  In Philadelphia, the fanbases of the Eagles, Sixers, and Phillies have always held management and ownership accountable.  The same can not be said for Flyers fans. The Flyers have always gotten a pass because they have a stupid fanbase that constantly gets nostalgic about the Broad Street Bullies, as if it occurred yesterday.  Maybe they're finally starting to wise up.  

Archived