NHL: Offseason (Trades, UFA, Awards & the Draft)

Nictarion

Fun game to watch last night. Played catch up all night, though. Malkin is on a tear. Never won a Rocket Richard. He scores his second goal in the 3rd period and they show him tied with Ovie, game is over and they show the updated goal leaders and Ovie has two more goals in that time frame. Would love to see Geno get it but that will be a tough task.

Pens made out like bandits. Brassard is a playoff beast. Upgrade on Bonino. They’re gonna fucking 3 peat aren’t they. 

B’s overpayed for Nash. Plekanec to Toronto is weird. He’s not very good anymore. 

If Karlsson goes to TB that would be insane. Hedman/Karlsson would be  Pronger/Neidermeyer level. 

Busy day. Guess the biggest moves were Evander Kane to the Sharks, and Ryan McDonagh to the Lightning. Sounds like VGK we’re closest on Karlsson but couldn’t get it done. 

Devils got Patrik Maroon who’ll add some toughness and secondary scoring. 

23 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Busy day. Guess the biggest moves were Evander Kane to the Sharks, and Ryan McDonagh to the Lightning. Sounds like VGK we’re closest on Karlsson but couldn’t get it done. 

Devils got Patrik Maroon who’ll add some toughness and secondary scoring. 

Should be a good game tonight. Brassard is gonna make his debut. Murray now has a concussion so he's out for unknown time. I guess Maata hit him with a shot in practice. Not gonna call out his proneness to injury when he takes a headshot from a teammate in practice, but the guy gets hurt a lot. 

Somehow the goddamn Flyers are at the top of the division. The East should be a grand show come playoff time.

3 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Should be a good game tonight. Brassard is gonna make his debut. Murray now has a concussion so he's out for unknown time. I guess Maata hit him with a shot in practice. Not gonna call out his proneness to injury when he takes a headshot from a teammate in practice, but the guy gets hurt a lot. 

Somehow the goddamn Flyers are at the top of the division. The East should be a grand show come playoff time.

Fucking amazing game. That 2nd period might have been the most entertaining I’ve seen all season. 

19 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Fucking amazing game. That 2nd period might have been the most entertaining I’ve seen all season. 

Agreed. The East is gonna be insane in the playoffs. TB, Toronto and Boston are rolling, and the Metro top 3 changes every day. Safe to say the two wild cards will come form the Metro so that's five Metro teams that'll be in the playoffs. I think NJ is a lock to get in, and could easily get in top 3, while we have Columbus, Islanders, and Hurricanes battling it out for the last spot. Nuts...

2 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Fuck Boston is kicking our ass. Gonna be a third straight loss. And they don't even have Bergeron playing tonight. 

Quite the barnburner here, with Krejci getting a hat trick with five and a half minutes left in the second period. Even got a Chara fight (and a pretty even opponent, too).

19 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

Quite the barnburner here, with Krejci getting a hat trick with five and a half minutes left in the second period. Even got a Chara fight (and a pretty even opponent, too).

The Bruins have our number for as long as I can remember. Can't quite put my finger on it, but this sounds familiar in another sport, too. <_<

9 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Hall added another point tonight with a goal against the Canes. That company... :bowdown:

Great company. Was the Hall/Larsson deal straight up or were there other pieces I'm missing?

Archived