Reva

Dany's three treasons?

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

(this is literally THE most unoriginal post so sorry about that)

ANYWAY, i've been wondering about this for a long time now. so dany will face three treasons - once for blood (Mirri Maz Duur), once for gold(Jorah or Brown Ben Plumm), and once for love(???).

who do you think the last one is??? Jon? Darrio?? and how do you think it will happen???

Edited by RevaM

Illyrio, Daemon Blackfyre's heir, for blood, Tyrion and/or Brown Ben for all the gold of Casterly Rock, and Aegon, who is actually Illyrio's son, for love of Arianne.

The George loves betrayal. From Petyr betraying The Ned to the Ides of Marsh. In The House of the Undying Ones, we were told that Daenerys would know three treasons, so these three treasons better be pretty big. My guess is they will happen at once or in rapid succession, Illyrio for blood, Tyrion for gold, and Aegon for love, but whatever they are, they need to be real game changers. 

Posted (edited)

I think there's also a possibility that Dany could be the one committing some or all of these "treasons" ( the wording is the treasons she will KNOW -  I believe this could mean treasons acted on her OR by her) . I also wonder if treason is necessarily synonymous with just any old betrayal or if it has to be specific to treason against the King/Queen/Country - in which any treason wouldn't occur until after Dany was crowned? I just think George is playing with words here and I am open to various interpretations.

Edited by Lady Char
spelling

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Lady Char said:

I think there's also a possibility that Dany could be the one committing some or all of these "treasons" ( the wording is the treasons she will KNOW -  I believe this could mean treasons acted on her OR by her) .

I agree.  In the text, we have already been given the example of an archetypal treason for blood...the 'Blood Betrayal', an inverse echo of which we find in Daenerys's case, with the female (i.e. Dany) now being in the position of the Bloodstone Emperor (the usurper); and the male (her brother Viserys/her son Rhaego/her husband 'blood-of-my-blood' Drogo) in the position of the usurped Amethyst Empress (the rightful heir).  In effect, the sacrificed blood of all three of Dany's kin was used 'for' a specific purpose (as in the phrase 'treason for blood'), specifically as payment towards the birth of her three dragons, who are fittingly named after those sacrificed in their creation, namely Viserion, Rhaegal and Drogon.  Given that she's committed treason three times over, usurping her brother, son, and husband, perhaps likewise we can also expect her to commit three treasons for gold and love respectively?

Edited by ravenous reader

I really like the idea that Dany may be the one committing the treasons. It's a fresh take on the prophecy, and there's a lot of irony to it since Dany spends so much time agonizing over who's going to betray her. Unfortunately, we won't really know for sure until after the series is completed, and even then fans will probably still debate over them.

If the answer really is that Dany will be the one committing the treasons: Do you think that letting Drogo kill Viserys is one of those betrayals? And if so, which one?