What if Jon Arryn did as he was commanded?

The Commentator

17 hours ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

Aerys never did disinherit Rhaegar but he skipped over Aegon and named Viserys his heir. At least thats what TWoIaF tells us.

This means Rhaegar's children were all disinherited.  It makes sense from the point of view of Aerys to prevent the grandchildren of his enemies from inheriting the throne after he's gone.

23 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Another House will be given supremacy over the North.  But which house?

Bolton

Who will marry Catelyn and Lysa?  Does Petyr have a chance now?

I will answer a question with a question.  Who would make a more acceptable husband for a Tully out of these men:  Petyr, Lothar Frey, Hosteen Frey?  Who holds more social prestige.

Prince Viserys becomes the most sought-after bachelor in the world.  Who will marry him?

Cersei or Arrianne. 

Where will Rhaegar keep his bastard?

Winterfell and another question for a question.  Is Rhaegar fool enough to beg King Viserys III to legitimize his bastard?

Will this have any effect on the King-Beyond-the-Wall and his plans?  If so, what effect?

Same game plan but much harder to carry out under a solid realm.  The Targaryen monarchy kept the realm united.

King Aerys II continues to have the best Kingsguard in recent history.

I don't know about that.  Only if he fires Jaime. 

Will Jon Arryn be rewarded for his loyalty?

Aerys was said to be generous with those who give him good service.  Those who please him get rewarded.

If Jon turned over Ned and Bob he would of insured house Arryns destruction for numerous reasons which I will list a few. 

1) The Vale lords would not respect Jon Arryn at all if he turned over his two Wards who just so happen to be great lords and completly innocent of any wrong doing especially after Aerys just killed your nephew and heir for again absolutely NO reason, I cant see a lord who would allow this especially Yohn Royce who would probably start a civil war. 

2) The North and Stormlands and a few Riverlords would never forgive house Arryn and would work diligently towards their destruction. 

3) A new Dance of dragons would happen between Rhegar and Aerys and since the crown would be busy there would be no help for the Vale if the North and Stormlands attacked the Vale. I suspect Rhegar would win this war and as the new king of Westeros would demand Jon Arryns head and probably even the Eyrie which the Vale lords would allow him to do no contest. 

9 hours ago, Bowen Marsh said:

This means Rhaegar's children were all disinherited.  It makes sense from the point of view of Aerys to prevent the grandchildren of his enemies from inheriting the throne after he's gone.

Which Aerys did only after Rhaegars death. Without Rhaegar death, his children wouldn't have been disinherited imo. 

Archived