List of Magical "Things" in the Books

Foot_Of_The_King

I was trying to compile a list(in my head) of all the instances in the books in which magic was clearly involved. When discussing this with a friend I realized I was overlooking a few. Can everyone here help me out? I'll start with a few of the big ones off the top of my head. And I'd like you guys to fill in the ones I've missed.

-Skinchanging 

-The birth of Dany's dragons

-Faceless Men "face changing"

-Green Dreams and Dragon Dreams

-Prophesies

-the door under the Night Fort

-Shadow babies

By the way, I'm just looking for magical events in the main series of books, not in the entire history (such as events found in the World Book).

39 minutes ago, LindsayLohan said:

That nerd Samwell Tarly getting laid.

heheheheh--good one.

Quaith's foreknowledge of Jorah & Dany.   Dany's high tolerance for heat.   The Faceless Men.  Wyldfire becoming active again.  Beric Dondarrian's flaming sword.

WIldfire
The pyromancer in Qarth
The Wall
The Warded CTOF cave 
The Weirnet 
Storms End 
The Dragon Horn
Oberyn's poison 
shade of the evening 
The warlocks and the undying 

I would argue that prophecy should not be on the list because it is often very wrong. Visions on the other hand are very magical  

Magical transformations of humans:

Bran

Bloodraven (predates beginning of ASOIF)

Thoros gaining magic power

Beric

Stoneheart (more revivals to come - Jaime & Brienne IMO)

Jon - still to come - when he goes into Ghost (hopefully temporarily) to survive 

Melisandre (predates beginning of ASOIF)

Gregor/Robert Strong (Is it magic or science? To me it seems more like science fiction - a bit different from those listed above)

Euron - he thinks he's a God so we'll put him on the list as possible - maybe he has acquired occult powers

Wights!

On 6/24/2017 at 10:59 PM, Foot_Of_The_King said:

I was trying to compile a list(in my head) of all the instances in the books in which magic was clearly involved. When discussing this with a friend I realized I was overlooking a few. Can everyone here help me out? I'll start with a few of the big ones off the top of my head. And I'd like you guys to fill in the ones I've missed.

-Skinchanging 

-The birth of Dany's dragons

-Faceless Men "face changing"

-Green Dreams and Dragon Dreams

-Prophesies

-the door under the Night Fort

-Shadow babies

By the way, I'm just looking for magical events in the main series of books, not in the entire history (such as events found in the World Book).

Magic isn't real.

Everything is telepathy or telekinesis.

Skinchanging... telepathy

birth of Dany's dragons... telekinesis

face changing... telekinesis

green dreams... telepathy

prophesies... telepathy and/or bull shit

door under the night fort... telekinesis

shadow babies... super impressive telekinesis

:P but really I'm serious. Gods aren't real and magic isn't either. As far as I can tell, even though ASOIAF is not part of GRRM's Thousand Worlds, the story adheres the same laws of physics as far as "magic" is concerned.

And if you don't believe me, I suggest you read a little story called Bitterblooms and get acquainted with my good friend Morgan full-of-magic.

No one had ever warned Shawn of a witch. She was more puzzled than afraid. “You killed the vampire,” she said. “How did you …?”

“I am magic,” the woman said. “I am magic and I can do magic things and I will live forever. And so will you, Carin child, Shawn, when I teach you. You can travel with me, and I will teach you all the magics and tell you stories, and we can be lovers.

Spoiler: Morgan full-of-magic is... not magic at all, and she can't live forever. :P 

Umm so you think telepathy and telekinesis are real? Or real in ASOIF? and because they are real in ASOIF they aren't 'magic'?

How would you classify reviving a green rotting corpse?

Archived