different paths?

Graydon Hicks

2 minutes ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

There is a differense about what the deal was and what she was planning to do. The fact that she wanted to usurp Viserys' throne is clear from the text.

Yes but that was after she had been with the dothraki. And even thenshe says a few times that the iron throne belongs to her brother. Before she went with the dothraki she was scared of her brother and wouldn't dare go against him and this is when this hypothetical situation happens.

1 minute ago, snow is the man said:

Yes but that was after she had been with the dothraki. And even thenshe says a few times that the iron throne belongs to her brother. Before she went with the dothraki she was scared of her brother and wouldn't dare go against him and this is when this hypothetical situation happens.

Even when she was with the Dothraki she is after Viserys in the line of succession. If she is at the line of succession at all.

4 hours ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

Even when she was with the Dothraki she is after Viserys in the line of succession. If she is at the line of succession at all.

I know my original post pointed that out. When I said "remember it would be her brother on the throne at that time not her" or something like that.

7 hours ago, snow is the man said:

I know my original post pointed that out. When I said "remember it would be her brother on the throne at that time not her" or something like that.

And my point is that she was planning to usurp her brother. Thus she would had became an usurper, which is something that she calls Robert. 

1 hour ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

And my point is that she was planning to usurp her brother. Thus she would had became an usurper, which is something that she calls Robert. 

okay so she was planning to userp her brother BEFORE she met khal dorgo? Because before khal drogo she was her brothers thrall. She was scared to death of him and wouldn't even talk back to him. So then she planned to usurp his throne or have her child who hadn't even been conceived yet usurp her brothers throne. Seriously I don't understand  how you figure that she was planning it then. When she got pregnant by khal drogo then she started thinking about it because between khal drogo and her dragon dreams she got her confidence.

So just to be sure of what we are arguing you are saying that she was planning to usurp her brothers throne before she met khal drogo. Is that what we are arguing?

2 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

okay so she was planning to userp her brother BEFORE she met khal dorgo? Because before khal drogo she was her brothers thrall. She was scared to death of him and wouldn't even talk back to him. So then she planned to usurp his throne or have her child who hadn't even been conceived yet usurp her brothers throne. Seriously I don't understand  how you figure that she was planning it then. When she got pregnant by khal drogo then she started thinking about it because between khal drogo and her dragon dreams she got her confidence.

So just to be sure of what we are arguing you are saying that she was planning to usurp her brothers throne before she met khal drogo. Is that what we are arguing?

I am not saying that she was planning to usurp Viserys' throne before she gets married but after. However the time doesn't matter. The mere fact that she was planning to usurp Viserys against the law, tradition and the agreement the head of the House Targaryen made with Khal Drogo is enough. 

Just now, The Doctor's Consort said:

I am not saying that she was planning to usurp Viserys' throne before she gets married but after. However the time doesn't matter. The mere fact that she was planning to usurp Viserys against the law, tradition and the agreement the head of the House Targaryen made with Khal Drogo is enough. 

okay but the thread was about what if ned didn't go to kings landing after lady was killed. And that he could have sent jon to be with dany after he was born. My point was that dany wasn't the one ned would have thought would take the throne.

9 hours ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

yes but this whole thread was a "what if" scenario. Ned would not have been thinking about dany.  That said We can agree that she planned it a little after she got pregnant or shortly before. Although I think part of it was that she realized that he would never take the throne even with a massive army

10 hours ago, snow is the man said:

okay but the thread was about what if ned didn't go to kings landing after lady was killed. And that he could have sent jon to be with dany after he was born. My point was that dany wasn't the one ned would have thought would take the throne.

34 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

yes but this whole thread was a "what if" scenario. Ned would not have been thinking about dany.  That said We can agree that she planned it a little after she got pregnant or shortly before. Although I think part of it was that she realized that he would never take the throne even with a massive army

I understand what you mean. I just had forgotten about the subject of the thread and ended up completely off topic. Even if he wouldn't had been able to take the Throne, if Dany and her son would take the Throne as a continuation of Aerys’ line then if she takes the throne before Viserys she would had been a usurper.

14 hours ago, The Doctor's Consort said:

I understand what you mean. I just had forgotten about the subject of the thread and ended up completely off topic. Even if he wouldn't had been able to take the Throne, if Dany and her son would take the Throne as a continuation of Aerys’ line then if she takes the throne before Viserys she would had been a usurper.

Yeah I had forgotten too and had to go back and read it to remember

Targaryens killed Ned's brother and father. I doubt he could bend the knee to any Targaryen.

If Catelyn knew about Jon's identity, she would accept him in her family. It would seem suspicious. Women usually despise their husbands bastards.

Not informing Cersei was a good one. Refusing to become Hand and come south was even better. Betrothing Sansa to Joffrey was a good idea. But he must betrothe his other children to Great Houses to gain support.

On 6/25/2017 at 2:44 AM, Graydon Hicks said:

now, im positing this posting under the assumption that jon is the son of rhaegar, whether legitimate or not doesnt matter. but might ned have done differently? pick any time you wish, be it at the trident, the tower of joy, gong south as the new Hand, when ever, what do you think ned could have done differently to come to a "better" outcome? like, what if he went to highgarden with an infant jon, after lyanna died, and had a talk with olenna? or sent jon off to squire under someone when jon was a boy? or told cat who jon was when he brought him back to riverrun? or brought him south to kings landing?

or what if ned didnt go south, or turned back at the trident when lady was killed? or maybe tried to help daenerys from afar, because he saw how bad robert was as king? tried to betroth sansa to someone in the north, before bobby boy came up with the idea to betrothing her to joff? or didnt try to warn cersie about his knowldge of her crimes, but did something with more common sense?

just some suggestions i can come up with off the top of my head, if you have other ones, please share.

My theory is that Ned never told Cat, because he really was unfaithful, with Ashara Dayne. The best lies contain nuggets of the truth. The best part about telling Cat would be letting her know that he really was faithful, but I don't think he can do that honestly. I don't think they had a living child together, but I think he got it on with her during the time he was gone. She could have been in Kings Landing during the sack. They also could have been seeing each other after the tourney, since Cat was betrothed to Brandon at the time. Just my thoughts

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2017 at 6:06 AM, snow is the man said:

Yeah I had forgotten too and had to go back and read it to remember

just a quick note on your whole discussion. remember that as targaryens, viserys was likely planning on having drogo killed after they claimed his throne for him, then proceed to marry dany himself, in true valyrian fashion.

Archived