The Great Bastards are still playing the Game of Thrones?

So I have had this cool thought. What if the Great Bastards of Aegon the Unworthy are all still playing the Game of Thrones in one way or another, even to this day? What if each of them is using or assisting one of the major characters on their way? Let me explain:

First of all, there's Bloodraven. We all know for fact that he is still around, living north of the Wall as the Three-Eyed Raven, and currently tutoring Bran on how to control and use his special powers.

Then there's Bittersteel, who might not be really alive, but his dreams and visions live on as the Golden Company, currently fighting for FAegon in Westeros.

Then there's Shiera Seastar. I personally subscribe to the theory of Shiera = Quaithe, who is guiding Daenerys with cryptic prophecies several times throughout the books, most recently in ADWD. I assume most people subscribe to this as well.

Then there's the greatest of the Great Bastards of course - Daemon I Blackfyre. Who do you think he would represent, if this little theory is true?

Finally there are Mya and Gwenys, however neither of them is as "great" as the other four, so I don't know if they play a part in all this.

Thoughts?

Doesn't make a lot of sense from my point of view, but that's all it is, so take it or leave it.    Historically Bloodraven was most loyal to the sitting Targaryens.   There are no sitting or usurped Targs in Westeros. I'm sure someone has a better time line in the forefront, but I think Bloodraven dropped his loyal Targ support  before even Rhaegar was born and he was the front runner to be The Prince That Was Promised.   I think Aemon was as close as we get to any Targ support from Bloodraven.  A very lame argument can be made for BR supporting Jon Snow, but we don't know that since this is strictly book forum.    We have no idea, only theories that wait to be substantiated.   Sheira Seastar could have been Mel's mother or not, but this is supporting the usurper's line, Baratheon. I reckon if she's Quaithe she could be supporting Dany, but why?   Dany's an exile far far from Westeros.  Blackfyre may or may not be involved with Varys and Illyrio and Jon Con which is the only direct line that does make sense.   Outside of Aegon 6, there are no great bastards or great true borns with the probable exception of Dany and an outside chance with Jon or Tyrion.    Edric Storm is tucked away somewhere and Jon Snow is doing his own thing well out of the politics of the realm.   Who else is there?   Robert completely abandoned Mya Stone and Gendry and Belle have no idea who they are.  

It's likely that Aegon 6 is your boy with the long line of blood relatives that trace all the way back to a Great Bastard, but I don't see the other 2 in this anywhere.     

To a certain extent, I think they are influencing current events. As you say, Bloodraven is clearly still alive, and he might have an interest in seeing a red dragon on the throne, or not, but hee is clearly manipulating many events. And I also like Shiera Seastar as Quaithe. That leaves Daemon and Aegor. I do not believe that either is alive, but I suspect that our wee Aegon is a descendant of Aegor and Daemon’s daughter Calla. 

Death had robbed him of his ears, his nose, and all his warmth. The smile remained, transformed into a glittering golden grin. All the skulls were grinning, even Bittersteel's on the tall pike in the center. What does he have to grin about? He died defeated and alone, a broken man in an alien land. On his deathbed, Ser Aegor Rivers had famously commanded his men to boil the flesh from his skull, dip it in gold, and carry it before them when they crossed the sea to retake Westeros. His successors had followed his example.

Dance, The Lost Lord 

On 6/26/2017 at 11:39 PM, Lost Melnibonean said:

To a certain extent, I think they are influencing current events. As you say, Bloodraven is clearly still alive, and he might have an interest in seeing a red dragon on the throne, or not, but hee is clearly manipulating many events. And I also like Shiera Seastar as Quaithe. That leaves Daemon and Aegor. I do not believe that either is alive, but I suspect that our wee Aegon is a descendant of Aegor and Daemon’s daughter Calla. 

Dance, The Lost Lord 

Bloodraven: up with the Children of the Forest.

Shiera: Quaithe and maybe Mel is her and Bloodraven's kid.

Aegor: Lives on via the Golden Company.

Daemon: Lives on in the female line through Illyrio and probably FAegon.

The question about Blood Raven being involved with the remaining Targaryans is interesting.  Personally, he took down several of the Blackfyres, and that's how he got sent to the wall in the first place.  One of the great councils that was called included a Blackfyre descendant that Blood Raven gave safe passage to Westeros and promptly turned around and murdered him.  I think Blood Raven was packed off to the wall following that.

After getting to the wall, it's possible that Blood Raven could have hid Targ bastards at the wall which would mean he didn't take his vows seriously.  If he took his vows seriously, then he should have left politics within the realm alone.  Given the stunt with the Blackfyre kid, I think it's worth considering that he may have bent/broken his vows quietly *puts on huge tinfoil hat* to whatever ends he had.

Blood Raven lived and was a key player during one of the most convoluted periods of Targ history, so I'm thinking that whatever we find out about him in the future is going to be full of twists and turns.

It's very interesting to think of what he might have been able to do as far as long ranging plans (Bran, Targ prophecies, etc...) from the wall, if anything since bookwise we don't really know anything.  He may have kept tabs on any Targ bastards when everyone started dying left and right, but why/what he did with the information, if anything would be interesting.  I'd love for Sam to dig up some private documents from Blood Raven's stint as Lord Commander.

Now I seriously believe Melisandre is daughter of Sheira Seastar and Bloodraven.

The reason GRRM did not say anything about the end of Sheira is that she died of childbirth and gave birth to a bastard daughter who is Melisandre.

Archived