Arya's final kill (very wild theory)

Sanrast

On 27-6-2017 at 2:06 AM, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

You got it right.  The reason is because Dany is a Dragonlord and Arya is a Faceless Man.  They have been mortal enemies for centuries.

Is she really a Faceless Man? Ok, she is trained by them, but she never rally joined them. She always had her own game...

11 minutes ago, Count Winter said:

Is she really a Faceless Man? Ok, she is trained by them, but she never rally joined them. She always had her own game...

Agree. She is trained to practice the same art as the faceless men, but not becoming an official member and never really falling deeply in the ROLE of the faceless men, I doubt she has loyalty to their secret plots/causes. 

On 7/2/2017 at 3:24 AM, anjulibai said:

She has no reason to kill Dany or Tyrion or even Varys. The only person really left on her list for her to kill is Cersei. I'm not even sure Littlefinger was on her list originally, but I suspect that's who she will kill. 

Her list changes all the time, so I think she'll wipe out many more people than one can think of. 

On 27/06/2017 at 6:41 PM, SummerIsHere said:

Jamie is going to kill Cersei. I don't think that Arya will kill Dany because what is her motive? She doesn't enjoy killing people that she doesn't think deserve it, as seen with her inability to kill Lady Crane. So what motive is there to kill Dany? She's coming to overthrow the Lannister's, who Arya hates, and is kind and will have the support of her favorite brother, Jon. 

Agree with this. To be fair, GoT always throws up a surprise when you least expect it, but think Jamie will have to kill Cersei - having to take on the role of king/queen slayer (and kinslayer) once more. Can't see Arya v Dany happening and can't see it being anything to do with Jon as a love interest - nothing in the series has suggested that kind of storyline could develop. Think Jon v Dany will certainly be the big clash this series.

On 7/10/2017 at 6:28 AM, King in the Nord said:

Agree with this. To be fair, GoT always throws up a surprise when you least expect it, but think Jamie will have to kill Cersei - having to take on the role of king/queen slayer (and kinslayer) once more. Can't see Arya v Dany happening and can't see it being anything to do with Jon as a love interest - nothing in the series has suggested that kind of storyline could develop. Think Jon v Dany will certainly be the big clash this series.

I just can't buy in to Jon v Dany.  It just feels like the show is pshing towards J+D = ♥.  I feel like that's where the head, with the bittersweet ending being Dany dies in some way.  One of the things to keep in mind, is the show and books heavily focus on what I call the Big 4.  The 4 most important families in Westeros:  Targs, Baratheons, Lannisters and Starks.  If Gendry is eventually legitimized by Dany or Jon (whoever wins the throne) then every family survives, except the Targs, because they currently do not have an heir.  I can't see that family dying off completely, so I think the Targs live on through an heir of Jon's (assuming he takes on the Targ name after learning of his true parentage). It just makes sense that Jon and Dany get married, right?  But is there time for her to have a kid before her demise?  Who knows.  But we're getting closer to finding out which way this whole thing is headed...

Probably won't mention it on the show, but I havent seen anyone here talk about how in the books, during the Dance of Dragons,House Stark supported Queen Rhaenyra's claim to the throne in exchange for a promise that a Targ princess would eventually marry into House Stark. Like I said, not sure if the show will bring it up, but if J+D = ♥ is coming, we may see it in the books at some point...

16 hours ago, Jaehaerys Stark said:

I just can't buy in to Jon v Dany.  It just feels like the show is pshing towards J+D = ♥.  I feel like that's where the head, with the bittersweet ending being Dany dies in some way.  One of the things to keep in mind, is the show and books heavily focus on what I call the Big 4.  The 4 most important families in Westeros:  Targs, Baratheons, Lannisters and Starks.  If Gendry is eventually legitimized by Dany or Jon (whoever wins the throne) then every family survives, except the Targs, because they currently do not have an heir.  I can't see that family dying off completely, so I think the Targs live on through an heir of Jon's (assuming he takes on the Targ name after learning of his true parentage). It just makes sense that Jon and Dany get married, right?  But is there time for her to have a kid before her demise?  Who knows.  But we're getting closer to finding out which way this whole thing is headed...

No I think J+D in that sense will happen, but I feel they won't have a warm first meeting. I can see D being distrustful of J, but also think that they will eventually get together.

1 hour ago, King in the Nord said:

No I think J+D in that sense will happen, but I feel they won't have a warm first meeting. I can see D being distrustful of J, but also think that they will eventually get together.

I agree with the cold first meeting.  Seems par for the course with every other meeting we have seen on the show.  But I do think eventually aunt and nephew get together to keep the Targaryean name alive...

20 hours ago, Jaehaerys Stark said:

Probably won't mention it on the show, but I havent seen anyone here talk about how in the books, during the Dance of Dragons,House Stark supported Queen Rhaenyra's claim to the throne in exchange for a promise that a Targ princess would eventually marry into House Stark. Like I said, not sure if the show will bring it up, but if J+D = ♥ is coming, we may see it in the books at some point...

It could still happen, but strictly speaking, Dany is a queen, not a princess, and Jon is either a bastard or he's part of House Targaryen (if he's legitimate). Maybe Jon and Dany's hypothetical daughter could marry into House Stark, but that seems like it would be piling incest on incest, since she would be the offspring of a nephew/aunt pair and she would be marrying one of her cousins. On the other hand, "Piling Incest on Incest" seems to be House Targaryen's unofficial house words, so who knows?

48 minutes ago, Newstar said:

It could still happen, but strictly speaking, Dany is a queen, not a princess, and Jon is either a bastard or he's part of House Targaryen (if he's legitimate). Maybe Jon and Dany's hypothetical daughter could marry into House Stark, but that seems like it would be piling incest on incest, since she would be the offspring of a nephew/aunt pair and she would be marrying one of her cousins. On the other hand, "Piling Incest on Incest" seems to be House Targaryen's unofficial house words, so who knows?

Dany is a queen in Essos, but still would technically be a princess in Westeros right?  But you're right, Jon is a Snow, until it's revealed to everyone in Westeros that he is really a Targ, so it doesn't exactly fit, but it's close enough right?  lol  It would get weird with a potential child of J+D marrying a Stark, but like you pointed out, a child of aunt/nephew marrying what would be a 2nd cousin (?) is nothing compared to A brother who married not 1, but 2 sisters, so all is well...

23 hours ago, Jaehaerys Stark said:

I can't see Jon taking on the Targaryen name. He is a Stark to his core.

Here is MY really wild theory about Arya. It is based on the premise

Jequen H'ghar knows exactly where Arya is at, and everything is going according to his play.

Well, why not? he is obviously bright and has trained faceless people before. I cannot believe Arya is fooling him in any way.

Following on from this.

Jequen knew Arya's list when he recruited here. It is possible Jequen's and Arya's lists overlap. And that was one of the main reasons for requiring her. Arya's list contains some of the most hated people in Westeros so it's not that much of a coincidence.

H'ghar's "A girl must die" comment does not specify the girl's name. I think the girl to die was actually the Waif, and killing the Waif was Arya completing her first contract. (The Waif was probably as much a pain to Jequen as the viewers.) That was why Jequen named here a nameless one after the Waif's death, her first kill for the Faceless Men. Jequen waited until he was confident that Arya could take the Waif, although he probably had a backup plan if not.

Now when Arya completes here list, she will inadvertently be doing it as a faceless man, so the Faceless Men can take the credit.

On Invalid Date at 0:52 PM, S. OF HOUSE STARK said:

I can't see Jon taking on the Targaryen name. He is a Stark to his core.

I agree, but that's not how it works in Westeros.  If he is a Targ, and wants/needs to be legitimized to rule, if he is going to rule, he has to take on that Targ name.  He can't just name himself a Stark...

Archived