Maybe Lord Baelish doesn't want to hurt Robyn Arryn.

Sanrast

The majority of people here ,as I have seen in some posts, think that Bealish wants to kill Robyn. Maybe I am the only one who thinks that maybe he wants to actually help him? I think that Baelish maybe he sees himself in Robyn. He reminds him of when he was considered "useless" and "weak". Especially the quote "Sickly little boys, sometimes become powerful men" can fit in both Baelish and Robyn. Have we have watched in the show Baelish doing anything to hurt him? If I don't remember I am sorry for this post. Some people insist that he puts poison in his food, but I don't remember actually seeing it. Again if I don't remember correctly I am sorry. 

2 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

It derives from the book with Baelish letting the maesters serve Robert/Sweetrobin wayyyyyy too much milk of the poppy and makes plans to marry Sansa to Robert's heir, Harry Hardyng.

Is 100% proved in the book that he tries to kill him? Because I have heard that they give this to Robyn for his seizures (or something like that).

28 minutes ago, Sanrast said:

Is 100% proved in the book that he tries to kill him? Because I have heard that they give this to Robyn for his seizures (or something like that).

Not proved, no way.  It is just the combination of this (over the advice of the maesters) and his positioning of Sansa to marry Harry that raise the suspicion.

On Invalid Date at 1:50 PM, Sanrast said:

The majority of people here ,as I have seen in some posts, think that Bealish wants to kill Robyn. Maybe I am the only one who thinks that maybe he wants to actually help him? I think that Baelish maybe he sees himself in Robyn. He reminds him of when he was considered "useless" and "weak". Especially the quote "Sickly little boys, sometimes become powerful men" can fit in both Baelish and Robyn. Have we have watched in the show Baelish doing anything to hurt him? If I don't remember I am sorry for this post. Some people insist that he puts poison in his food, but I don't remember actually seeing it. Again if I don't remember correctly I am sorry. 

I think LF looks to manipulate Sweet Robin, but not necessarily hurt him...

He has to be manipulating him, but nothing more. LF is not very popular in the Vale, so his only bet is to influence Robin to get his way ("suggesting" he dispatches the Vale army to help Sansa win the Battle of the Bastards). He needs Robin. If he kills him, he would probably loose his head shortly after. Unlike in the books, he does not have much leverage to keep the Lords Declarant at bay.

8 hours ago, lady-alayne said:

He has to be manipulating him, but nothing more. LF is not very popular in the Vale, so his only bet is to influence Robin to get his way ("suggesting" he dispatches the Vale army to help Sansa win the Battle of the Bastards). He needs Robin. If he kills him, he would probably loose his head shortly after. Unlike in the books, he does not have much leverage to keep the Lords Declarant at bay.

Surely by the rules of show Westeros if Littlefinger killed Sweetrobin Yohn Royce would crown him Petyr I Baelish, King of Mountain and Vale

Why would littlefinger want him killed. Littlefinger essentially rules the vale through sweet robin and when someone goes against littlefinger he just says something to sweet robin and that person is dead. I doubt he think of himself like sweet robin though. I think littlefinger was small but not sickly. And littlefinger is incredibly smart where as sweet robin is not

5 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Lord Baelish no longer makes any sense on this show and neither does his continued breathing at this point.

Amen, brother. He should have been dead early last season, as soon as Jon found out what he did.

3 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Amen, brother. He should have been dead early last season, as soon as Jon found out what he did.

Yeah, and back to the op, Sweet Robin is not on death's door and is a full grown up, taller than LF, LF declared for the Starks, so his lordship of Harrenhal is voided since it was granted by the Lannisters, he framed Lord Royce and Royce is there with Sansa to confirm what happened and she apparently has been telling everyone LF sold her to the Boltons. However, naturally, the show will have him live through most of the season for reasons and all of that will never be brought up again for some reason. LOL.

Is it 100% sure that Sweet Robin is Jon's child? Or could Little Finger be the father? At least the show kinda made it look as if LF and Lysa where more than friends for a long time.

17 hours ago, Laguna said:

Is it 100% sure that Sweet Robin is Jon's child? Or could Little Finger be the father? At least the show kinda made it look as if LF and Lysa where more than friends for a long time.

I think it's hinted that LF is Robin's father but I don't think it'll ever be confirmed. It's implied that Jon had blonde hair and Lysa's was auburn, so it's ironic that Jon suspected Joffrey, Myrcella, and Tommen of being bastards because of their golden hair when his own son's brown hair doesn't exactly add up either. 

6 hours ago, Jaehaerys Tyrell said:

I think it's hinted that LF is Robin's father but I don't think it'll ever be confirmed. It's implied that Jon had blonde hair and Lysa's was auburn, so it's ironic that Jon suspected Joffrey, Myrcella, and Tommen of being bastards because of their golden hair when his own son's brown hair doesn't exactly add up either. 

IF Robin is Baelish's son, wouldn't that make Robin a bastard, cause he's not the legitimate son of the Lord of the Vale Jon Arryn? Maybe Brandon Stark can use his new "raven flashback powers" to see Lysa cheating on Jon with Baelish nine months before her son was born ;-) And then he could tell Sansa, and then Littlefinger would be nothing and no one. Okay he married Lysa after Jon Arryn's death, but if he's Robin's father that wouldn't make the Lords of the Vale happy.

5 hours ago, Laguna said:

IF Robin is Baelish's son, wouldn't that make Robin a bastard, cause he's not the legitimate son of the Lord of the Vale Jon Arryn? Maybe Brandon Stark can use his new "raven flashback powers" to see Lysa cheating on Jon with Baelish nine months before her son was born ;-) And then he could tell Sansa, and then Littlefinger would be nothing and no one. Okay he married Lysa after Jon Arryn's death, but if he's Robin's father that wouldn't make the Lords of the Vale happy.

Ignorance is bliss, if Harry the Heir doesn't exist I think the Vale lords would rather not know that Sweetrobin's a bastard than deal with a succession crisis. Although everything there seems neat and orderly so maybe succession would pass smoothly to a third or fourth cousin. I don't think we'll get anything explicit on the matter of Sweetrobin's paternity, but we've been told so often that he's going to die young that it's almost a certainty he'll rule the Vale for the next 70 years and sire a handful of heirs ;) but hey, I also wanted Shireen to be queen, so my expectations are cursed. 

On 6/27/2017 at 1:50 PM, Sanrast said:

Frankly, I don't think Littlefinger sees much of himself in "Sweet Robin" at all.  I believe LF considers himself highly intelligent, which "Robin" most decidedly is NOT (frankly, I'm not sure Robin is even of average intelligence...in fact, I think he's probably not).

In my opinion, LF is simply using and manipulating "Robin" for power, and he stops becoming useful, LF would cross him off in the blink of an eye and without a second thought.  I don't think LF either hates or likes "Robin," I think he's just "there" to LF, and that's okay as long as "Robin" is useful, but if that ever changes..bye bye.

Archived