Jon is Azor Ahai (Bran/Bloodraven theory)

JonSnowed

I'm just watching season 6 again and started to think why did Blood Raven show Bran the Tower of Joy specifically?  Why did he not show Dany at all?  I know some people still believe Dany to be Azor Ahai but I'm thinking it's definitely Jon, he is the prince that was promised, his heritage will unite the humans behind him in the great war but will he need a Nissa Nissa (Dany/Arya??) and will he ultimately survive the series and sit on the iron throne?

There are spoilers out there which suggest

the show will confirm Jon is Azor Ahai this season, supported by Melisandre, Beric, Bran and Sam. He will also be confirmed as the legit Targ heir ahead of Dany and will bond with a dragon

but until I see Season 7 I'm taking this with a pinch of salt.

I am more of the opinion that they are both Azor Ahai and at the same time neither is Azor Ahai (which is to say they both have important roles to play in the war for dawn but neither one is necessarily this predestined reincarnated hero, because the Azor Ahai prophecy is just folklore and is not something that ever really happened, or ever really will happen again).  Good catch about BloodRaven never showing Bran visions of Dany - while he sees the dragon flying over KL there is no way of knowing if that is in the future or the past.  I think part of it may be that there aren't heart-trees with the faces carved in them in Essos?  That the old gods don't have power there?  Also, part of it may be that the viewers needed some confirmation of Jon's heritage, and Bran was really the only way to do that.  We don't need to know any more of Dany's history is my guess.

19 hours ago, JonSnowed said:

I'm just watching season 6 again and started to think why did Blood Raven show Bran the Tower of Joy specifically?  Why did he not show Dany at all? 

I'm not sure I understand the logic here..  Jon's parentage is presented to us as a mystery; Dany's background isn't.  So there is no need to show us that.  Bran has, however, seen Dany and the birth of the dragons in his visions. 

Jon may very well be AA but simply answering the mystery of his parentage doesn't necessarily make it so.

Reveal hidden contents

the show will confirm Jon is Azor Ahai this season, supported by Melisandre, Beric, Bran and Sam. He will also be confirmed as the legit Targ heir ahead of Dany and will bond with a dragon

I'm not sure what spoilers you read but

Spoiler

awayforthelads said that Azor Ahai wouldn't be addressed this season.  Bran and Sam discover Jon's legitimacy.  While Melisandre states that she brought Ice and Fire (referring to Jon and Dany) together.

The only reliable leaker that mentioned Azor Ahai was the 4chan guy but he did so in a mocking way.  Here's the quote

Post your face when """"azor ahai reborn"""" gets bitch slapped and btfo by a polar bear and is useless in the rest of the fight

Also the leaks only state that Jon pets a dragon not that he will fully bond with one.  Unless by dragon you mean Dany, in which case I guess you're right.

22 hours ago, JonSnowed said:

I'm just watching season 6 again and started to think why did Blood Raven show Bran the Tower of Joy specifically?  Why did he not show Dany at all?  I know some people still believe Dany to be Azor Ahai but I'm thinking it's definitely Jon, he is the prince that was promised, his heritage will unite the humans behind him in the great war but will he need a Nissa Nissa (Dany/Arya??) and will he ultimately survive the series and sit on the iron throne?

Reveal hidden contents

I could see him being Azor Ahai but I doubt he will be considered a targ heir that goes ahead of dany. She looks targeryean and it is confirmed that she is a targeryean while most people believe that jon is ned starks son. Also I think unless he is legetimized as a targ it is irrelevant and considering he would need a king or queen to do that...

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 3:54 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

I am more of the opinion that they are both Azor Ahai and at the same time neither is Azor Ahai (which is to say they both have important roles to play in the war for dawn but neither one is necessarily this predestined reincarnated hero, because the Azor Ahai prophecy is just folklore and is not something that ever really happened, or ever really will happen again).  Good catch about BloodRaven never showing Bran visions of Dany - while he sees the dragon flying over KL there is no way of knowing if that is in the future or the past.  I think part of it may be that there aren't heart-trees with the faces carved in them in Essos?  That the old gods don't have power there?  Also, part of it may be that the viewers needed some confirmation of Jon's heritage, and Bran was really the only way to do that.  We don't need to know any more of Dany's history is my guess.

I agree both definitely pivotal in the final battle and also perhaps the lack of heart trees in Essos could be a reason for not showing Dany. However Bran does see the Dragons and he's specifically shown the tower of joy, my interpretation therefore is that it indicates Bran unlocks Jon's parentage as it will be vital for the overall battle with the white walkers.  It seems Jon can rally Westeros and also handle the dragons.

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:56 PM, snow is the man said:

I could see him being Azor Ahai but I doubt he will be considered a targ heir that goes ahead of dany. She looks targeryean and it is confirmed that she is a targeryean while most people believe that jon is ned starks son. Also I think unless he is legetimized as a targ it is irrelevant and considering he would need a king or queen to do that...

Major Spoilers

Sam and Gilly will supposedly find out Rhaeger and Lyanna were married and Jon is legitimate according to the original leaker awayforthelads. Bran will also piece it together.

On 27. 6. 2017 at 10:12 PM, JonSnowed said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Mel and Beric will not say a word about on being Azor Ahai or any fo that, there is no such a term on the show. At least not acccording to the leaks. Only what Mel says she brought Ice&Fire together as Jon and Dany, this is bizarre but hey. 

We had Jon and Dany both proclaimed PtwP by Mel and Kinvara. Show is trying to stay away from the prohecies as much as they can. Certainly there is no need for Nissa Nissa and it's not even a good ending for such a characters like Dany or Arya to prop up Jon.

I believe Azor Ahai is actually Jaime. There's a very detailed explanation about it on these forums. I know both Dany and Jon fans want to think everything are about them and I am guilty of that myself but there are other major characters aswell.

I also believe there are seven big heroes/characters in the story who ultimately form the seven gods of the Faith. Warrior is clearly Jaime, not Jon Snow, which is another hint that Jaime has a much bigger part to play than anticipated. Another big player will be Gendry (Smith) who got a big, unfinished bloodline storyline in seasons 2&3 and will return in time for the endgame.

If you think about it, Azor Ahai maybe discovered the secret to making Valaryian Steel long ago, however,. now all we need is sword wielders with that kind of blade and there are more of them than just Longclaw. Those weapons will kill the Others/White Walkers. Fire will kill the wyghts. Azor Ahai is basically "obsolete" or simply not unique anymore. Jon is Rheagar and Lyanna Stark's secret son and potential true claimant of House Targaryen if he is legit in some way (seems a stretch) and it can be proven for enough of the power makers who matter to accept it and him as something more than Ned Stark's Bastard.

Archived