U.S. Politics: "Trump Is Dumber Than A Bag Of Hair"

18 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I swear she has that chameleon, swivel eye thing going. It's really rather creepy.

It certainly is distracting.

16 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Don't feel bad for her, im quite sure she gets paid well to lie to people.

Eh, I know what it's like to stump for a politician and have to say something dishonest. It's not fun. Having to do it for Trump must be a nightmare. I'm surprised he doesn't have a new Press Secretary every couple of weeks.

Also, I doubt it pays that well, relatively speaking. 

9 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

I am watching it now. Mnuchin makes my skin crawl and im really wondering if he's just a lizard wearing a human skin. There doesn't seem to be a hint of actual emotion with that guy.

Sanders is constantly saying the same thing "he is a fighter and the American people elected him cause of it. When pushed he is gonna push back".

Here's the thing, Ms. Sanders, he pushes back when you tap him on the shoulder. You don't have to push this crybaby.

The best part about that is that shortly there after she says she gets sent toxic messages all the time and ignores them, which caused me to literally yell at the T.V. "Then why does your boss need to clap back at EVERYTHING!?"

Also, I like how she tried to say that Trump has never once called for violence. That's a special level of lying. 

Kris Kobach wants every U.S. voter’s personal information for Trump’s commission

This is real, and its the hardest of hard ball: the guy little orange hands put in charge of voter registration has demanded every state give him the names and last 4 digits of their social sec # of every registered voter:

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article158871959.html

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Kris Kobach wants every U.S. voter’s personal information for Trump’s commission

This is real, and its the hardest of hard ball: the guy little orange hands put in charge of voter registration has demanded every state give him the names and last 4 digits of their social sec # of every registered voter:

Considering that the Republican Party has even more detailed information on 200 million voters, why bother, just get a copy of the stuff that was downloaded from the cloud a couple of weeks ago.

Now there's this.  We may be getting closer to the money shots.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/6/29/1676534/-Collusion-alert-Michael-Flynn-was-working-with-GOP-operative-to-obtain-hacked-Hillary-Clinton-email

Share this article
The Wall Street Journal has a potentially bombshell story on the unfolding investigation into whether Donald Trump’s campaign colluded with the Russians to sway our presidential election. Emails show a Republican operative may have been working with Trump's now disgraced former NSA Advisor, Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn:

Before the 2016 presidential election, a longtime Republican opposition researcher mounted an independent campaign to obtain emails he believed were stolen from Hillary Clinton’s private server, likely by Russian hackers.

In conversations with members of his circle and with others he tried to recruit to help him, the GOP operative, Peter W. Smith, implied he was working with retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, at the time a senior adviser to then-candidate Donald Trump.

“He said, ‘I’m talking to Michael Flynn about this—if you find anything, can you let me know?’” said Eric York, a computer-security expert from Atlanta who searched hacker forums on Mr. Smith’s behalf for people who might have access to the emails.

Emails written by Mr. Smith and one of his associates show that his small group considered Mr. Flynn and his consulting company, Flynn Intel Group, to be allies in their quest.

That’s the shot, here’s the chaser:

Those investigators have examined reports from intelligence agencies that describe Russian hackers discussing how to obtain emails from Mrs. Clinton’s server and then transmit them to Mr. Flynn via an intermediary, according to U.S. officials with knowledge of the intelligence.

Hello! Is this why Trump has gotten increasingly unhinged about the Russian investigation?

2 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Considering that the Republican Party has even more detailed information on 200 million voters, why bother, just get a copy of the stuff that was downloaded from the cloud a couple of weeks ago.

Remember when dub & co. wanted the library check out records of public library users? The libraries refused.  And those who hadn't done this so far, implemented changes to the borrowing programs that wiped the record every couple of weeks or so.

Governors as in VA and CA are saying HELL NO! NO. NO.NO.NO.  This is illegal and unconstitutional.

20 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Remember when dub & co. wanted the library check out records of public library users? The libraries refused.  And those who hadn't done this so far, implemented changes to the borrowing programs that wiped the record every couple of weeks or so.

Governors as in VA and CA are saying HELL NO! NO. NO.NO.NO.  This is illegal and unconstitutional.

Connecticut ain't to impressed either.

On 6/29/2017 at 7:51 PM, Zorral said:

Remember when dub & co. wanted the library check out records of public library users? 

Oh yeah, I remember. They probably wanted to know who was checking out Al Franken's "Rush Limbaugh Is A Big Fat Idiot And Other Observations."

1 minute ago, OldGimletEye said:

Oh yeah, I remember. They probably wanted to know who was checking out Al Franken's "Rush Limbaugh Is A Big Fat Idiot And Other Observations."

My Pet Goat.

Yep, when Paul Ryan wants to kill people, he doesn't mess around. He figures out how to kill not only them, but their children and grandchilden as well...

New CBO Report on Trumpcare Lays Out the Long-Term Damage the GOP Hoped People Wouldn't Notice

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/06/29/cbo_trumpcare_will_cut_medicaid_spending_by_35_percent_over_20_years.html

CBO: Medicaid spending falls 35 percent in 20 years under Senate health bill

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/29/obamacare-repeal-bill-medicaid-reductions-240110

10 hours ago, OldGimletEye said:

Avik Roy, who has emerged as the chief defender of the Senate health bill, writes that “researchers have shown [Medicaid] has health outcomes no better than being uninsured.”

I remember years ago reading US researchers or policy makers arguing against a move to make at least two appointments with a doctor available to pregnant women (not sure under what scheme or in fact it might have been an international statement about essential care) on the grounds there was no proof that consulting a doctor during pregnancy improved outcomes. This could be a true result from particular studies because I suppose the main purpose is to pick up those less common conditions that don't occur for most people. And possibly seeing a general practitioner is only useful if they do then refer you on if you have symptoms of said conditions. But the idea that never seeing a doctor till you show up to have the baby can be considered acceptable...

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Eh, most stories only have a shelf life of about 12-24 hours in today's media environment. It was a big story on the news last night, but it probably would have faded away by tonight's news cycle. Now it will either be "Has Trump hit a new low with his sexist, misogynistic attack on a female journalist?" or "Is Trump's mental state deteriorating?"

Right.  He'd rather have the talk be about that instead of health care.  And that's a smart move.  Every GOP legislator can comfortably disown Trump's comments.  They can't do the same with the bill.

3 hours ago, Zorral said:

WTF world do you think you've been living in?  I knew not to say anything over the phone when I was selling weed at 15.  The fact this shocks anybody....shocks me.  From the article linked:

In a Wednesday letter, Kobach asked the Connecticut secretary of state’s office to provide the commission with all publicly available voter roll data, including the full names of all registered voters along with their addresses, dates of birth, the last four digits of their Social Security numbers, voting history and other personal information.

By George he's collecting all publicly available data!  As if it's not already on dozens of files already.  Frankly, if the federal government could not provide the administration with such files, I'd question their competency.

19 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

WTF world do you think you've been living in?  I knew not to say anything over the phone when I was selling weed at 15.  The fact this shocks anybody....shocks me.  From the article linked:

It's the brazen voter suppression stink it gives off that's shocking, rather than the fact that the govt can readily lay hands on this information. These people think they can so openly seek to disenfranchise voters with no negative public reaction. This suggests it's the average US voter who is dumber than a bag of hair rather than Trump, or they think the average US voter is dumber than a bag of hair.

35 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

It's the brazen voter suppression stink it gives off that's shocking, rather than the fact that the govt can readily lay hands on this information. These people think they can so openly seek to disenfranchise voters with no negative public reaction. This suggests it's the average US voter who is dumber than a bag of hair rather than Trump, or they think the average US voter is dumber than a bag of hair.

Ya know, there's nothing inherently stupid about a bag of hair. The phrase is "dumb as a bag of hammers" as a bag would be a really stupid way to store or transport hammers. It seems to me a bag would not be an outrageous conveyence or storage spot for hair.

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Pretty sure they're right though. Just sayin'. I highly doubt that the average voter will: 1) hear about; 2)  fully understand the implications of; and/or 3) care about 2). 

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Ya know, there's nothing inherently stupid about a bag of hair. The phrase is "dumb as a bag of hammers" as a bag would be a really stupid way to store or transport hammers. It seems to me a bag would not be an outrageous conveyence or storage spot for hair.

Well, if it's a bag full of Trump's hair, it's probably pretty fucking dumb.

2 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Right, because every other industrialized country is so enlightened.  It's not like they'd ever have any parties that, if or when given the chance, would seek to do the exact same thing in order to disenfranchise certain immigrants.  It's only the dumb US that's subject to such racism, and subsequent voter suppression.

Don't denigrate my country's people in such a generalized fashion.  You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

^^^Oh Please. This country elected a fucking disgrace, U.S. voters deserve to be mocked as idiotic drools that are in fact dumber than a bag of hair. You dont get to whine out of it when you disgrace yourself by doing something as pathetic as electing Donald J. Trump, that deserves and needs to be ridiculed, worldwide and often in a thunderous chorus of rebuke.

We elected an ass and now we get to own it, the collective vote and voters actions do in fact reflect stupidity deserving of the label- dumber than a sack of hair.

So proud of (D) Rep. Barbara Lee today. Beginning as a lone voice of dissent on the Hill 16 yrs ago. Today she is the model for perserverence to your cause. http://www.salon.com/2017/06/29/barbara-lee-gets-her-wish-from-republicans-house-panel-unexpectedly-agrees-to-debate-war-authorization/

Barbara Lee gets her wish from Republicans: House panel unexpectedly agrees to debate war authorization 

A House panel has agreed to compel debate on Barbara Lee's proposal to end a 2001 authorization of military force

From 16 yrs ago this was the beginning of her advocacy to bring this to a debate -http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2001/09/alone-hill/

3 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Right, because every other industrialized country is so enlightened.  It's not like they'd ever have any parties that, if or when given the chance, would seek to do the exact same thing in order to disenfranchise certain immigrants.  It's only the dumb US that's subject to such racism, and subsequent voter suppression.

Don't denigrate my country's people in such a generalized fashion.  You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

I'm not sure the anger of someone on an internet forum is sufficient to cause him alarm - maybe hold off on the empty threats?

13 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

I'm not sure the anger of someone on an internet forum is sufficient to cause him alarm - maybe hold off on the empty threats?

I don't think it was a threat or typed in anger.  I think it was a somewhat out-of-the-blue joking reference to The Incredible Hulk.

"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry"

Archived