U.S. Politics: "Trump Is Dumber Than A Bag Of Hair"

2 hours ago, The Anti-Targ said:

I have in-laws who are lifelong Republicans and would never vote for a Democrat who do not approve of Trump. But when it comes down to it I think they will vote Trump again in 2020 if he's running on the Republican ticket, because tribalism, and control of SCOTUS nominations. It was essentially control of SCOTUS nominations that was essentially the reason they voted Trump this time around. I think there's a lot of people in the don't approve camp who will still vote for the Republican candidate regardless.

1 hour ago, ThinkerX said:

As do I.  And there are many such types making comments on the comment boards.  The reasoning usually runs along the lines of 'Obama was bad, but Trump is far worse.  However the alternative was Hillary, so...'  they literally cannot bring themselves to complete that train of thought. 

And again, the republican congressmen who dared hold Town Halls in the wake of the AHCA passing the house caught unholy hell from their own constituents - even when they tried to pick the audience.  For some reason, even after the baseball shooting, this has yet to register with the posters here.  Senators who vote for this risk violence upon their persons when they return to their home states.  

However, the effects of Trumps policies have yet to fully kick in. 

My aunt is a republican I believe (in my life I've never known her to support a democrat politician). Before the election she was disgusted by Trump but still inclined to vote for him because ...Hillary...crooked...Obamacare was bad...etc.

I tried to argue that no matter what Trump was the worse possible choice, but she was not convinced.

The other day she admitted she was kicking herself for voting for Trump and wished there could be a recall of the election. We'll see what she thinks in 2020.

My family are all Trump kool-aid drinkers.  They are still for him 150%.  They think that any scandal is completely manufactured.  They don't think misogyny in America is a thing, can't see how Trump's anti-woman tweets are actually anti-woman.  They think that the AHCA will be better than the ACA, which half of them rely upon, another 1/4 are on medicaid.  They're poor and have jobs in dying industries, which they think Trump will bring back simply because he said so.  They will move their goal posts any which way depending on what suits Trump's fancy that day.  People like my family members terrify me for the future of the country and the world.  

1 hour ago, Rippounet said:

It's the little things that for some mysterious reason are utterly terrifying.

Like songs. Especially the ones about patriotism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AK8cqJu52I

I bet some sound editing genius could doctor it to make it sound like "Make America white again".

10 hours ago, Kalbear said:

I wonder about the tie symbolism here. Trump and...Preibus(?) wearing red ties. Pence wearing a blue tie almost as if to say "Yeah, I'm here, but I'm not really with these guys".

Probably reading too much into what's just a tie colour preference. 

3 hours ago, Rippounet said:

Patriotic Church music.  Reminded me very much of the simplistic hymns from my long ago church going days, the ones that literally had on fifteen or twenty words repeated over and over again.  Not surprised at all a church type is the author. 

I have been seeing more and more of this 25th amendment thing, both in articles and in their comments.  Got me wondering:

Pence is the 'inside/outsider' in the Trump crew.  He is also one of the few relatively competent people on that crew - and the one that would become POTUS should something happen to Trump. Pence also has more in the way of ethics than Trump, who has a habit of throwing flunkies under the bus. 

So, I wonder...

...could Pence persuade enough others to join him in a 25th amendment coup?

So, NPR has been reading the Declaration of Independence on Morning Edition every July 4th for 25 years.  This year they extended the tradition to Twitter.  Fans of the current President of the US were not amused:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/juliareinstein/we-hold-these-alternative-truths-to-be-self-evident

(That or Trump's bots went into action)

10 hours ago, Rippounet said:

The incredibly evangelical hair and suit of the minister who tells us they were premiering the song on that video.  

:full body shiver:

:vomit:

40 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So, NPR has been reading the Declaration of Independence on Morning Edition every July 4th for 25 years.  This year they extended the tradition to Twitter.  Fans of the current President of the US were not amused:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/juliareinstein/we-hold-these-alternative-truths-to-be-self-evident

(That or Trump's bots went into action)

I guess it's a case of "If the shoe fits..."

Even his supporters KNOW what he is, they just refuse to accept that what he is, is against the principals this country was founded on

Archived