INHUMANS... there are no words...

generalzod

4 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

Not I... and I'm pretty much in the tank for anything Marvel....

Question... when this airs on TV, will they start with episode 3?... or will they show the two episodes from the IMAX debacle?...

I heard there's more footage with the TV release so we'll get the first 2 episodes. Maybe, by some miracle, it will be the missing ingredients?

If they let Scott Buck make any more Marvel shows I'll have no pity for them. At least inhumans doesn't contaminate the netflix shows. Whereas netflix are still stuck with Iron Fist. Watching Defenders the weakness of the character is actually highlighted. If he was just a character in Defenders it'd be fine - he's the petulant guy suffering from PTSD by being tortured/brainwashed into some kind of messiah. As the lead in a show it's a really odd choice to go for. At least Rand is consistent while it sounds like the Inhumans characters are all over the place.

44 minutes ago, red snow said:

I heard there's more footage with the TV release so we'll get the first 2 episodes. Maybe, by some miracle, it will be the missing ingredients?

I don't even know if it's going to be shown in the UK, and given that it currently has a magnificent 0% on Rotten Tomatoes I'm not sure I care enough to find out.

This is from my brain so take it with a grain of crack, but maybe Fiege is grateful he doesn't  have to try to make the fantastic four movies because it's just too much for the writers to overcome and turn into something plausible.  ....So when he looked into doing The Inhumans he realized "Oh no, this is the fantastic four equivalent that IS my problem!"    So he made it someone else's problem because it's simply too problematic.   Not enough of an emotional hook to grab a mainstream audience with.   Too weird for most to identify with.   Not all properties are equally capable of launching a good movie or show ?   

19 hours ago, The Mother of The Others said:

This is from my brain so take it with a grain of crack, but maybe Fiege is grateful he doesn't  have to try to make the fantastic four movies because it's just too much for the writers to overcome and turn into something plausible.  ....So when he looked into doing The Inhumans he realized "Oh no, this is the fantastic four equivalent that IS my problem!"    So he made it someone else's problem because it's simply too problematic.   Not enough of an emotional hook to grab a mainstream audience with.   Too weird for most to identify with.   Not all properties are equally capable of launching a good movie or show ?   

I think that's a fair point. I'd also say in most cases if the comics struggle, the films struggle. Historically the Inhumans has been a tough sell. Guardians of the Galaxy and Blade are the rare examples of the concept working better in film. Although Iron Man while always having a comic has never been as big as the RDJR version.

I agree that Feige is probably releived it's not a film on his watch. If this is the concept that was going to originally be a film I can understand why Feige caused the split between film and TV divisions as a way of getting rid of Inhumans. Although the TV folk still got some revenge by getting Inhumans on screen.

On 9/6/2017 at 2:21 AM, red snow said:

so no-one has braved wasting money on the cinema screening?

I don't even follow this show, but I had to share this post yesterday from a friend who lives in the Bay Area:

Our local AMC is showing the pilot for the Inhumans tv show. It's reserved seating. For giggles I checked out today's shows - absolutely zero seats sold. 

I guess this should surprise no-one, but still.

23 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

I don't even follow this show, but I had to share this post yesterday from a friend who lives in the Bay Area:

Can a show get cancelled before it airs? At this point it surely can't bode well for the actual ratings when it airs on TV. Unless they are desperately hoping everyone's just saving their money and watching it at home

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Leap said:

Damn. What an absolute shambles. I mean, Marvel won't even blink, but it really is a shame how much trouble Marvel TV is having. The last time they put out something really good, it was immediately followed by the second half of Luke Cage. I hope the Punisher is good. 

Punisher looks promising as the character lends himself to straight-forward stories. Then again, there's a conspiracy angle at play. Hopefully no strong antagonists taken out mid-season (which they've done a lot since Luke Cage).

I wouldn't say Marvel TV is in a dire situation but they do need to exile scott buck. I think they also struggle doing "grown up" stories overall. The movie brand excels by doing all ages material while netflix is trying something that is stylistically different from the marvel formula. I'd say they were aiming more for the Dark Knight level of maturity/seriousness when they set out with Daredevil and Jessicca Jones. On the whole it has watered down with each successive show as if they are trying to emulate the films more. Which is a shame as they worked best with S1 of Daredevil and JJ. Hopefully they won't have much choice but to go darker/less "marvel" with the Punisher.

Inhumans is a bit of a mess largely because it was jettisoned from the Film side. I can see why if the show has any DNA from the film concept.

I don't know -- while it was bad, I didn't find it to be anywhere near as bad as the reviewers made it seem. IMO, I think they egged one another on. Each reviewer seemed to want to hate the show more than the previous one, hence the really hyperbolic hatred.

That said, the show wasn't good. For me, the worst part of it was the production value. Forget the costumes, the sets were bland beyond compare. It felt like the show was filmed in empty rooms.

I enjoyed Anson Mount as Black Bolt. I don't think the difficulty of portraying a character who can't talk can be overstated. I thought his ability to emote only using his face was really good -- effective enough to convey the intent, without being overacted. Of course, I also loved Lockjaw.

I feel like, if this show came out five years ago, the perception would be different. But, of course, we expect more of these shows now. But yeah, I saw redeeming qualities.

I liked the concept of Inhumans, and the show as said ^^^ wasn't nearly as bad as the critics said.  I could see myself making time to follow it, IF it improves.  Time will tell.  Could be one of the few Marvel belly flops. 

19 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Im watching episode 1 right now and....I knew it was gonna be bad, but my god, it's truly awful.

Yeah, I saw this on Friday and that was pretty much my exact sentiment. I don't think I'm going to even give this a try with a second episode, and I'm a guy who saw Iron Fist s1 though to the end. Speaking of which...

On 6/29/2017 at 1:16 PM, Morpheus said:

Iron Fist sure has ushered in a new era of Marvel TV......

It's no coincidence you see similarities in these two series--both share the same showrunner/creator in Scott Buck. Hopefully Marvel sees the error in their ways and gets rid of this hack.

Let's just hope Punisher S1 can get the Marvel TV train back on track. Steve Lightfoot, who I believe ran S1 of Hannibal, is in charge. That coupled with the power of the "One" trailer has me very optimistic.

I didn't find it to be bad, even worse, I just found it boring. By the end it was just background noise, I just didn't care, and as far as I'm concerned, that is even worse. On the bright side, at least we won't have to look at Madusa's terrible CGI hair/wig.

i think it was really bland. super boring. it wasn't as awful as the reviews made it out to be, but it's just so terribly uninteresting. and stupid. maybe it will pick up eventually, but i dont see how it could do that

2 hours ago, GrimTuesday said:

I didn't find it to be bad, even worse, I just found it boring. By the end it was just background noise, I just didn't care, and as far as I'm concerned, that is even worse. On the bright side, at least we won't have to look at Madusa's terrible CGI hair/wig.

Oh I fully agree with this.

The 90's live action Street Fighter movie is bad....REALLY bad, but at least you can have some fun with how hammy it all is.

This stuff just has no soul or character. The acting feels so restricted and nobody seems to be having fun.

I would like to know where the hell is SHIELD. I'm not talking about the main characters from AoS showing up, but SHIELD has been greatly involved with the Inhuman issue, so I would expect that, by now, someone from SHIELD would have shown up to investigate what's going on in Honolulu. Or at least another US gov agency come investigate. Instead all we've got is 2 scientists involved, and Honolulu PD.

I don't know if I missed anything, but why are the surfer veteran guys helping Gorgon? I see no worthy motivation there. Also, the other guy's story is completely uninteresting with the drug dealers. BlackBolt is the only interesting character so far, and he can't even speak.

I'm about ready to give up on this show.  

Archived