Varys vs Littlefinger in a physical battle

Fishb20

No prep time, no weapons, no nothing

just a fight between LF and Varys, old school wrestling style

we've seen them fighting with their brains, but how would they do against each other with their fists?

Lmao to think about this.  Varys wins easily.  He is an actor, he has been acting like he isn't a tough guy, but his weight and reach advantage (and lack of vulnerability below the belt) give him a huge edge.  Unless LF has some tricks we don't know.

I'm also with Varys. We don't know whether Littlefinger ever practiced swordplay or fighting skills after his big defeat by Brandon "Big Boy" Stark; one could imagine him going home in rage and shame and deciding to defeat all those knights using his wits, so there! Whereas Varys is described as stocky, which often means muscular.

Varys. His weight is an advantage. His look, a deception. His thief experience in Myr and Pentos, if true, should give him a truer advantage. But I believe he is an Unsullied, bought by Illirio before or after Serra. A Blackfyre boy sold along his sister to slavers after the last Blackfyre rebellion. Still better in a fight.

As mentioned Varys has a size advanatage and a rougher background, which should mean more direct experience in unarmed combat. However, Littlefinger likely received some level of martial training growing up at Riverrun, otherwise he wouldn't have even known how to challenge Brandon.

I'd says Varys in a pinch, but it would be comical through and through.

It's the 'no weapons' bit I have a problem with. I honestly think these guys would always have at least one knife on them at all times, and surprising either of them could end very badly.  They both trade in the appearance of 'harmless, slightly ridiculous', Varys has an apparent physical advantage, but Petyr outgrew the whole fighting fair idiocy years ago.  i doubt either of them would accept a drink from the other one, as well, which is sensible.

Archived