Turn - the final season

RedEyedGhost

Such an excellent bit of work, Turn is one of my favorites, and seeing it end was very bittersweet for me.  I'm re watching it right now in fact, just a few eps in on season 1.  I can't think of a single character that I find boring, every single one has some interesting aspects in their arc.  Due to my career pre retiring (I can still quote the 28 rules of ranging verbatim), Rogers from the Queen's Rangers (initially) is one of my favorites, and I've loved other things the actor Angus Macfadyen has done, including Californication and Braveheart. 

After the first season I read the book from author Alexander Rose, and enjoyed reading through his website and other articles and works too.  No matter how much you think you know about American and military history,  there is always so much more to find.  Excellent series built on an excellent book.

One thing I really appreciated is the balance they show from both sides in the conflict in the TV series, extremely well done on this account IMO. 

Must C T V.

19 minutes ago, Lyanna19 said:

I hated Simcoe :angry: but that just goes to show what a great actor he was, 

My Oops on the spoiler tags, I didn't even realize that I might be spoiling, sorry. But thanks for the reminder.

Reveal hidden contents

I also appreciated that they slowly brought Abe and Mary back together again, ( I think you are spot on with the symbolic)

I still feel they went way out on actual facts with the Abe and Anna romance, but hey sometimes you need a story! 

I read Washington's spies so I feel they took great liberties with the characters, but all for the viewers, lol

As for the tease of Ben and Anna still haven't figured out why they would have put it in if they wouldn't follow up on it. But I agree it was shallow

No worries. I didn't feel you spoiled anything in your post. I just used them cautiously because I went into further detail about the season. I haven't read Washington's Spies yet, but am interesting in learning more about the Culper Ring.

13 minutes ago, SerHaHa said:

One thing I really appreciated is the balance they show from both sides in the conflict in the TV series, extremely well done on this account IMO. 

Must C T V.

The Andre-Shippen-Arnold story arc was my favorite of the series. I found John Andre one the most interesting characters in the series.

The Andre-Shippen-Arnold story arc was my favorite of the series. I found John Andre one the most interesting characters in the series.

Easy to understand why, excellent writing and putting those words into some great scenes.  After reading the book and some other material on Andre, I have much respect for him as a man, and I feel they honored him by having his character be portrayed in such an interesting and likeable manner.  I'd forgotten much of the first season, and re watching it now and seeing Andre's character with different eyes than the first time around - fantastic stuff.

The actress playing Shippen did great work as well, they did a great job IMO of portraying a woman and her family caught in the middle of two sides, and being in love with one man in the middle of all that, and then having another foisted upon her character so to speak.  This brings the ...triangle for lack of a better term, arc to Arnold, and wow, did he ever knock this role out of the park, based on what I've read so far as what's been written about B Arnold and the slights he felt...just simply an outstanding part of a great all round story and program, you're absolutely correct.

Yes, Arnold was fantastic. He was the one character I grew to despise in the series. So well-written and portrayed. I can't think of any character in the series I was indifferent towards by the finale.

Archived