NBA 2017: Fleecing the East

Relic

Relic...
It's funny.  Despite that list I'd be much more in favour of being a Nets fan than a Knicks fan right now.  The Nets clearly are trying to turn it around after probably the worst trade in NBA history and are seemingly being pseudo-effective at it.  Maybe it's just because they seem to have a competent GM and an Owner that is actually hands off?  I'd almost guarantee the Nets are going to be good again before the Knicks barring something miraculously lucky on the Knicks end. (Jimmy D selling)

7 hours ago, Slurktan said:

Relic...
It's funny.  Despite that list I'd be much more in favour of being a Nets fan than a Knicks fan right now.  The Nets clearly are trying to turn it around after probably the worst trade in NBA history and are seemingly being pseudo-effective at it.  Maybe it's just because they seem to have a competent GM and an Owner that is actually hands off?  I'd almost guarantee the Nets are going to be good again before the Knicks barring something miraculously lucky on the Knicks end. (Jimmy D selling)

Sadly, I don't disagree. 

The Crawford signing for the Wolves was sneaky good. He didn't cost very much, and he gives the Wolves something they badly needed; shooting off of the bench. And his presence creates another interesting dynamic; the Wolves now have a nasty looking small ball lineup they can role out against units like the Warriors vaunted Lineup of Death. In theory, Butler could play the four, allowing Wiggins to move back to the three and Crawford would play the two. That lineup now has five legit scorers and it really spreads the floor for the wing players to attack the rim while letting Towns dominate in the post. Now to be clear, I don't think they'd have much of a chance versus the Warriors, but this could work. 

eta:

The Butler deal also has another important component. He is going to be all over Wiggins if Wiggy keeps loafing around on defense. I still maintain that Wiggins is developing nicely, but the one fear I had when we got him was that he does have a tendency to check out from time to time, especially if he's not getting the ball on the offensive end. Hopefully the presence of Butler will help him develop into the elite two way player that he can become. 

We'll see on what value Crawford has. He's 37 and came off a poor season with the Clippers.

Does he still have a good deal left in the tank to help the Wolves in significant minutes? Unclear at this point.

Anyway, it seems free agency has cooled off, all that is left are some minor deals most people don't care about.

Biggest storyline is whether or not Anthony gets traded to Houston or the Cavs. Unfortunately no one knows when or if that will happen.

18 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

The Butler deal also has another important component. He is going to be all over Wiggins if Wiggy keeps loafing around on defense. I still maintain that Wiggins is developing nicely, but the one fear I had when we got him was that he does have a tendency to check out from time to time, especially if he's not getting the ball on the offensive end. Hopefully the presence of Butler will help him develop into the elite two way player that he can become. 

I guess it's high time we found out whether or not this is

*Puts on Sunglasses*

Ender's Game

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!

4 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I guess it's high time we found out whether or not this is

*Puts on Sunglasses*

Ender's Game

YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!

Beautiful.

It pisses me off Wiggins is a terrible defender thus far in his career. The explicit reason to draft him over Jabari Parker was his defensive potential. I expect Jimmy Butler to whip him into shape Bonzo Madrid style. 

2 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Beautiful.

It pisses me off Wiggins is a terrible defender thus far in his career. The explicit reason to draft him over Jabari Parker was his defensive potential. I expect Jimmy Butler to whip him into shape Bonzo Madrid style

Damn. That could be really bad for the franchise.  

4 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Really enjoyed Peyton Manning's joke on Kevin Durant. Very funny, especially him moving towards Westbrook at the end.

hahahahaha, that was pretty great. Durant was NOT amused. Poor sensitive soul. 

2 hours ago, Relic said:

hahahahaha, that was pretty great. Durant was NOT amused. Poor sensitive soul. 

I heard discussion on it on ESPN radio yesterday and the hosts thought it was staged or that KD at least knew about it up front.  They based that off of his mom's reaction.  I guess she was pretty rabid on social media defending him and seemed amused this go around

:dunno: 

So looks like Carmelo Anthony to the Rockets trade buzz cooled. Have no idea what the Rockets could have offered to begin with, but apparently Ryan Anderson and a DVD copy of Apollo 13 isn't good enough for the new Knicks management. 

Melo only wants to go to the Rockets or Cavs and I'm not sure what either could offer that would be acceptable to the Knicks now that irrational and senile P-Jax is gone. 

Jimmy D is running things again.  I'm sure they'd accept Ryan Anderson and a box of matches.  It's hilarious that despite how terrible Phil Jackson was he was still probably a step up from previous regimes.

21 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Jimmy D is running things again.  I'm sure they'd accept Ryan Anderson and a box of matches. 

Only if Daryl Morey agrees to attend a JD and the Straight Shot performance. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

You're just jealous of his catalog full of bangers! 

I am. Every day I wake up pissed that none of the owners of my teams are renowned blues musicians. 

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

That price is TOO FUCKING HIGH!

It's why they're at an impasse, assuredly. 

Archived