NBA 2017: Fleecing the East

Relic

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why? Everyone knows they're going to max out Wiggins and Towns. All the contracts on the roster are designed to accommodate this. 

If you seriously think Wiggins is worth that much money, then I don't know what to tell you.

24 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

If you seriously think Wiggins is worth that much money, then I don't know what to tell you.

He's worth that because its the going rate in today's NBA economy.

Seriously, you sound like an NFL player... OJ, is that really you?????  ;) 

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Better watch your step there pal. He's out on parole, baby!

Its not like I stole his memorabilia.  Its cool.

1 hour ago, Red Tiger said:

Wiggins today? No. Wiggins in a few years when the money kicks in? Hopefully. But like @Rhom said, that's what you've got to pay guys now. And when you compare his contract to some of the dudes making >$25m, it's not bad. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Wiggins today? No. Wiggins in a few years when the money kicks in? Hopefully. But like @Rhom said, that's what you've got to pay guys now. And when you compare his contract to some of the dudes making >$25m, it's not bad. 

Whoo boy

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

He's worth that because its the going rate in today's NBA economy.

Seriously, you sound like an NFL player... OJ, is that really you?????  ;) 

Nah, I don't masturbate in prison.

35 minutes ago, briantw said:

Remember when everyone thought the Cavs were crazy for trading away Wiggins' potential.  Yeah, I for one am glad to not be the team paying him 150 million.  That's absurd.  

it all depends. If he doesn't make any significant improvements over the next few years then yeah, it's a bad contract. But as I said, if he does become a legit two way player the deal will look fine. Wiggins has improved every year he's been in the league and he's only 22. If he can be a little more consistent from outside and step his defensive game up he will become one of the best two way players in the NBA. 

33 minutes ago, briantw said:

I think Melo might be about to be traded.

Edit: Nevermind.  Guess it was a Kyrie Irving trade demand.  Knew something was about to drop, but not what.

That's what I was just coming to post.

"Sources" say Kyrie has requested a trade.  :stunned: 

Okay, anything I said in the last 24 hours or so about the Cavs having a "punchers' chance" against GSW next year... forget I ever said that.

He wants a "bigger role"????  Excuse me son... didn't you have that before LeBron got there and your team wound up with the worst record in the league????

17 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

OH SNAP! Looks like the East might be interesting after all. 

David Aldridge's report says that LeBron was "blindsided and disappointed" by the news.

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I can imagine. I wonder what prompted this?

That will be the most interesting story that comes from this.  In today's NBA, you really don't see stars moving to try for a bigger role any more.  The new trend is to take the Durant route (or more accurately the first LeBron departure route) in an effort to be a smaller part of something bigger.

Just now, Rhom said:

That will be the most interesting story that comes from this.  In today's NBA, you really don't see stars moving to try for a bigger role any more.  The new trend is to take the Durant route (or more accurately the first LeBron departure route) in an effort to be a smaller part of something bigger.

I guess it depends where you're coming from. I have to imagine it wouldn't be necessarily be easy to play in LeBron's shadow 24-7. I guess we'll find out as this plays out.

Let him go to the Spurs. Would make the thread title even more relevant. 

I'm predicting LeBron in Houston,  with Melo and eventually Wade on a vet's minimum. 

Archived