Is davo's angry at jon snow? When jon became king of the north....

snow is the man

Are you serious? Davos looks first surprised then rather enthusiastic…

Actually now that we know through the trailers that Davos becomes Jon's Hand/right-hand man/counselor etc. your question makes little sense…

3 hours ago, Nowy Tends said:

Are you serious? Davos looks first surprised then rather enthusiastic…

Actually now that we know through the trailers that Davos becomes Jon's Hand/right-hand man/counselor etc. your question makes little sense…

I just thought his expression wasn't as pumped as everyone else. I know he sticks by jon because of the trailers

7 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Didn't Davos draw his sword and cheer Jon as King in the north like everybody else? I think Jon has his full support and he is about the only one who has actual substantial motive to support him. 

I know but to me it looked half hearted. That was what I was saying about it. Kind of a "well everyone else is doing it"

2 hours ago, snow is the man said:

I know but to me it looked half hearted. That was what I was saying about it. Kind of a "well everyone else is doing it"

Hmm, I don't know, I didn't get that impression. Well we'll see in two weeks I guess. 

On 7/3/2017 at 7:49 AM, snow is the man said:

Davo's didn't look very enthusiastic to me when he was saying "king of the north". Was I the only one who thought this? Really hope I am wrong

I think this subject is worth discussing.

I don't recall Davos' facial expression when Jon was proclaimed King in the North, but it's EASY for me to imagine Davos being quite unhappy with Jon for letting Melisandre go.

In fact, I'm not too happy with Jon about that, either.  In fact, I think it was a pretty foolish thing to do (even though, I'm sure, it will all work out well in the end, since Jon and his decisions have plot armor about two feet thick)

To me, Jon had three options, and he chose the least intelligent of the 3.  He could have (1)  Executed Mel, as Davos wanted, or (2) keep her alive, but keep her close so he could watch her AND so she could help with the war (which is what I would have done), or he could (3) banish her, thereby letting her escape justice, go where Jon doesn't know what she's up to, and where she's NOT readily accessible to help with the war.  To me, the last option was by far the least intelligent, so, naturally, that's what Jon chose to do.  (I like Jon's character a lot, but face it, he's not particularly bright.  He, like Dany, has blundered many times, and, like Dany, it is only by sheer luck he has not been killed many times over.)

Finally, the mere fact that Davos will be Jon's Hand does NOT mean he's not upset with Jon, and it's no guarantee Davos won't later betray Jon, either (not that I'm predicting Davos will betray Jon)

4 hours ago, Cron said:

I think this subject is worth discussing.

I don't recall Davos' facial expression when Jon was proclaimed King in the North, but it's EASY for me to imagine Davos being quite unhappy with Jon for letting Melisandre go.

In fact, I'm not too happy with Jon about that, either.  In fact, I think it was a pretty foolish thing to do (even though, I'm sure, it will all work out well in the end, since Jon and his decisions have plot armor about two feet thick)

To me, Jon had three options, and he chose the least intelligent of the 3.  He could have (1)  Executed Mel, as Davos wanted, or (2) keep her alive, but keep her close so he could watch her AND so she could help with the war (which is what I would have done), or he could (3) banish her, thereby letting her escape justice, go where Jon doesn't know what she's up to, and where she's NOT readily accessible to help with the war.  To me, the last option was by far the least intelligent, so, naturally, that's what Jon chose to do.  (I like Jon's character a lot, but face it, he's not particularly bright.  He, like Dany, has blundered many times, and, like Dany, it is only by sheer luck he has not been killed many times over.)

Finally, the mere fact that Davos will be Jon's Hand does NOT mean he's not upset with Jon, and it's no guarantee Davos won't later betray Jon, either (not that I'm predicting Davos will betray Jon)

I thought that might be part of it. That he was mad at jon for letting her go. That said I think part of him couldn't kill her because she brought him back. Keeping her with him seemed the worse idea to me because she would not be liked by the northman and if it got out what she did and jon let it go unpunished and kept her by his side....

Honestly the only good choice would have been to end her right there and then but I understand why jon did what he did.

I really hope davo's doesn't go against jon. He one of my favorite characters in the show and I would hate to see him turn against jon

1 hour ago, snow is the man said:

I thought that might be part of it. That he was mad at jon for letting her go. That said I think part of him couldn't kill her because she brought him back. Keeping her with him seemed the worse idea to me because she would not be liked by the northman and if it got out what she did and jon let it go unpunished and kept her by his side....

Honestly the only good choice would have been to end her right there and then but I understand why jon did what he did.

I really hope davo's doesn't go against jon. He one of my favorite characters in the show and I would hate to see him turn against jon

Interesting points.  Yeah, I hear you, keeping Mel around would have been less than ideal, but if I was Jon, my thinking would have been that wih Mel's powers they might truly NEED her to win the war.  After than executing Mel would be a VERY distinct possibility, but hey, who  knows, maybe she would have died in the war and saved him the trouble.

I'll be very surprised if Davos turns against Jon.  I was merely mentioning that it is possible.   Davos is a very loyal guy, to put it mildly.  In the end, I think Davos is going to cross Mel off, but maybe I'm wrong about that, maybe that's too obvious.

This is an interesting question because in Battle of the Bastards, when Davos and Tormund are walking around that night in the camp, they talk about following the wrong person previously, Davos with Stannis and Tormund with Mance, and I can't remember who says what but one of them says "maybe our problem was following a king" and the other says "Jon Snow is no king".  Well one episode later he is.  I think Jon was taken off guard completely when they all pronounced him KitN.  

Archived