Unanswered Mysteries

300 H&H Magnum

This is really not a theory thread.  I just want you all to be prepared.  George is not going to answer every mystery.  A lot of the legends, stories, myths, and prophecies will never be answered or satisfied.  The scribes writing down these stories very much follow the idea that when legends and facts disagree, put down the more interesting.  Every writer wants a reader.  Every poet wants an audience.  A lot of the legends are embellished to make them interesting, to wow the readers.  They've been sexed up.

1. Do souls exists and what happens when a person dies.  Do not expect this one to be answered.  Such a question is still debated in modern times.
  2. Who and how were the black, oily stones built.  Many archaeological sites remain mysterious in our world.  Expect the same in George's story.
  3. The Dawn Age.  Much of human prehistory is unknown too.
  4. Gods.  There may not be an all-powerful creator that fits the standard concept of a god, but it does not mean there aren't beings with far greater abilities than the common human.  I don't think we will know for sure whether gods actually exists or not but we have powerful superhumans. 

Are there any other questions that you feel will never be answered?  If you could pick one question to get answered, what would it be?

All I will say is that anything goes now that we have access to the Weirnet. Heh, but i will comment on the 4th point. I can go digging if need be but I know I've heard George talk before about his own disbelieve of god and that they are all nonsense. I think that is integrated into his story as well. I dont want to go on a religious rant but all we can say for sure is that there is magic, people don't full understand it so they believe there is something larger behind it all.

'

1 hour ago, 300 H&H Magnum said:

Are there any other questions that you feel will never be answered? 

Who is Jon's father?

1 hour ago, 300 H&H Magnum said:

If you could pick one question to get answered, what would it be?

What is the origin of the Others?

Why didn't the North, the Vale and Dorne did not mobilize in the war of the Ninepenny Kings?  

Why after visiting King's Landing  did not Rickard Stark ever return ?

If it was Eddard duty to marry Catelyn when Brandon was killed ,why did Eddard and Hoster need to negotiate or was the negotiation  was for Lysa ?

What happen to Eddard's mother ?

Why did Cregan Stark need permission from Aegon  III to marry Alysanne  Blackwood ?

Archived