did jaime really mean it when he said he would kill tyrion?

snow is the man

6 hours ago, snow is the man said:

well to be fair in the books he finds out about her sleeping with everyone. I think if tyrion had told jaime this it would help jaime see clearly. Because unlike robert she didn't "need" to sleep with them.

Jaime sounds even better in the books.

Wasn't there a scene in the show that Cersei said she was sure all her kids were Jaime's. There's only one way to know that in that time... I always thought Lancel was the rare exception in the show. Maybe in an attempt to make Cersei more sympathetic?

3 hours ago, Raeslewolhn said:

Jaime sounds even better in the books.

Wasn't there a scene in the show that Cersei said she was sure all her kids were Jaime's. There's only one way to know that in that time... I always thought Lancel was the rare exception in the show. Maybe in an attempt to make Cersei more sympathetic?

She had jaime give her moon tea the one time she got pregnant with roberts kid. Also I am a bigger fan of jaime in the show. Well season 2 and later he is. In the books robert wants to sleep with cersei but she doesn't let him. At winterfell in the first book robert says something about this to ned that is pretty vulgar and hilarious. In the show he isn't attracted to her at all.

17 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

She had jaime give her moon tea the one time she got pregnant with roberts kid. Also I am a bigger fan of jaime in the show. Well season 2 and later he is. In the books robert wants to sleep with cersei but she doesn't let him. At winterfell in the first book robert says something about this to ned that is pretty vulgar and hilarious. In the show he isn't attracted to her at all.

Yeah I thought she just never got with Robert or anyone but Jaime. That's interesting. Thanks for informing

15 hours ago, snow is the man said:

well to be fair in the books he finds out about her sleeping with everyone. I think if tyrion had told jaime this it would help jaime see clearly. Because unlike robert she didn't "need" to sleep with them.

I agree with your first two sentences, but honestly I'm not quite sure what you mean by your third sentence.

Are you saying Robert needed to have sex with other women, but Cersei did not need to have sex with other men?

I'm not necessarily saying you are wrong, but if that is what you are saying, how are you defining "need"?

17 hours ago, Cron said:

I agree with your first two sentences, but honestly I'm not quite sure what you mean by your third sentence.

Are you saying Robert needed to have sex with other women, but Cersei did not need to have sex with other men?

I'm not necessarily saying you are wrong, but if that is what you are saying, how are you defining "need"?

No I mean that jaime knew that cersei had to sleep with robert sometimes since she was his wife. But the rest of the men she sleeps with she didn't have to. She chose to do it. Their relationship is weird for many reason but it's basically like cersei is married and jaime knows she sleeps with her husband but he expects her not to sleep with anyone else besides her husband and obviously jaime. Not sure if I am explaining it right

4 hours ago, snow is the man said:

No I mean that jaime knew that cersei had to sleep with robert sometimes since she was his wife. But the rest of the men she sleeps with she didn't have to. She chose to do it. Their relationship is weird for many reason but it's basically like cersei is married and jaime knows she sleeps with her husband but he expects her not to sleep with anyone else besides her husband and obviously jaime. Not sure if I am explaining it right

Ohhh, okay.  I think I've got it now.

I don't think Jamie would do it, I think he believes he would if the opportunity arose but now after seeing what is happening with Cersei and how far Tyrion has come with Daenerys I think he would definitely hesitate in the moment. I also think that Jamie, knowing what Tywin put Tyrion through understands why Tyrion killed his father. 

On 7/16/2017 at 5:25 AM, Tolsimir said:

It's funny because in the books it's Tyrion who says he wants to kill Jaime.

But in the show he would never do that. He's too nice for that.

You're right, this circumstance in the book is so different. Especially with the Tysha detail. 

Archived