Criston Cole vs Arthur Dayne

goomba

Who would win this match between these two titans!!!

Both were regarded as the best knights of their generation in martial prowess!!!

We know Cole was extremely skilled because he kept beating up Daemon Targaryen, who was an infamous warlord armed with a Valyrian sword!! Daemon was probably one of the greatest fighters the Targaryens ever produced!!

Dayne was so good that even Selmy's own reputation and rank took a backseat to Arthur!

The Sword of The Morning vs The Kingmaker!

Sword of the Morning, all day. Arthur Dayne's only peer would be Daemon Blackfyre. I'd say it's them two on their own level, and then Jaime and Barristen on the next level down, and then the Dragonknight, Cregan Stark, Corbray, Ryam Redwyne, etc. and all the other greats on the third level. 

7 hours ago, goomba said:

Both were regarded as the best knights of their generation in martial prowess!!!

We know Cole was extremely skilled because he kept beating up Daemon Targaryen, who was an infamous warlord armed with a Valyrian sword!! Daemon was probably one of the greatest fighters the Targaryens ever produced!!

Dayne was so good that even Selmy's own reputation and rank took a backseat to Arthur!

Ned would win because the flaming pike man with the turtle dog violet caper bangng raw tomorrow staff weild shame cat with the red bandanna lard with all the sad mice dead tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Ned would win because the flaming pike man with the turtle dog violet caper bangng raw tomorrow staff weild shame cat with the red bandanna lard with all the sad mice dead tomorrow 

What? clearly not because the flayed goat with the eunuch wearing blue trousers eats warm pie has stupid squid background music holding broken sword since forever!

19 hours ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

Jaime is not just great for his generation, he is one of the greatest swordsmen in the history of Westeros, according to Martin himself. And Arthur Dayne was better than him.

As good as jaime was, he has no feats as a swordsman other than making Kingsguard, slaying his king, and a brief scuffle with Ned :D

Guys like Dayne and Cole had a number of feats, even though they are both dead. 

Both Dayne and Cole fullfilled their potential and reached their pinnacle.

Nobody can ever shut up how great a knight Ser Arthur Dayne was. At the slightest pretext. "Nice weather we're having today, don't you think, my lord?" "I think, my lady, that Ser Arthur Dayne was the best knight that ever was, and then some. Err... sorry, what was the question, again?"

Not so for Ser Criston Cole. Therefore, Arthur > Criston, and by a wide margin.

16 hours ago, Aegon1FanBoy said:

Probably arthur as good as daemon was i still put him behind aegon I, Maegor I, Visenya and the dragon knight. 

I don't know how you get that.

1 hour ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Robert Baratheon on a "you stole my woman" war hammer rampage beats them all. IMO

Arthur was referred numberless times as the best warrior in Westerosi history but Robert is another level.

On July 6, 2017 at 4:28 PM, goomba said:

Do u mean he beat him in tourney melees? If so Daemon definitely wouldn't be using VS. I got my money on Daemon all day 

18 minutes ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Do u mean he beat him in tourney melees? If so Daemon definitely wouldn't be using VS. I got my money on Daemon all day 

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Criston_Cole

"He won a melee at the tourney at Maidenpool to celebrate the ascension of Viserys I Targaryen, drawing the attention of the royal court by knocking Dark Sister from the hands of Prince Daemon Targaryen with his morningstar. "

This is what makes this such an intriguing match-up.

Dayne with Dawn is unbeatable even for a knight like Barristan Selmy...

But against a guy like Criston Cole, a magical sword means absolutley nothing.

Criston Cole knows how to neutralize swordsmen with special blades, that makes this a 50/50 fight :o 

Criston Cole with his morning star is unique, in a Robert Baratheon with his warhammer sort of way.

Just now, goomba said:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Criston_Cole

"He won a melee at the tourney at Maidenpool to celebrate the ascension of Viserys I Targaryen, drawing the attention of the royal court by knocking Dark Sister from the hands of Prince Daemon Targaryen with his morningstar. "

This is what makes this such an intriguing match-up.

Dayne with Dawn is unbeatable even for a knight like Barristan Selmy...

But against a guy like Criston Cole, a magical sword means absolutley nothing.

Criston Cole with his morning star is unique, in a Robert Baratheon with his warhammer sort of way.

Sorry to question you on your post as soon as I said that it sounded wrong and immediately remembered the quote. I also didn't realize Cole and Daemon were the same age (within a year or so). I thought Daemon would have had 5-10 yrs on him. 

But to your post I still have Dayne because of Jamie's comment of his strength. We all know people couldn't stop talking about his swordsmanship but since he could (possibly) stand up and take the "bruising" style Cole fought with I have to think he could certainly beat anyone. 

But I like to think that since something as simple as a slipped foot can cost you a fight, then when you have 2 guys of this caliber they would at least split some fights even if 1 took the majority of those fights. 

43 minutes ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Sorry to question you on your post as soon as I said that it sounded wrong and immediately remembered the quote. I also didn't realize Cole and Daemon were the same age (within a year or so). I thought Daemon would have had 5-10 yrs on him. 

But to your post I still have Dayne because of Jamie's comment of his strength. We all know people couldn't stop talking about his swordsmanship but since he could (possibly) stand up and take the "bruising" style Cole fought with I have to think he could certainly beat anyone. 

But I like to think that since something as simple as a slipped foot can cost you a fight, then when you have 2 guys of this caliber they would at least split some fights even if 1 took the majority of those fights. 

no problem friend!

Yes i too think Dayne has an edge against pretty much everyone in the history of ASOIAF.

But Cole is definitly up there, and should be in more discussions regarding the top fighters in Westeros history :D

Agreed that fighters on this level anything can happen.

22 minutes ago, goomba said:

no problem friend!

Yes i too think Dayne has an edge against pretty much everyone in the history of ASOIAF.

But Cole is definitly up there, and should be in more discussions regarding the top fighters in Westeros history :D

Agreed that fighters on this level anything can happen.

I completely agree with the bolded. It's certainly eye opening for me as Daemon T. was one of my favorite characters in the series and certainly an all time top tier caliber warrior.

Off topic completely but I have to mention Gwayne Corbray being off those same lists or being highly underrated is just an injustice. 

1 hour ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

I completely agree with the bolded. It's certainly eye opening for me as Daemon T. was one of my favorite characters in the series and certainly an all time top tier caliber warrior.

Off topic completely but I have to mention Gwayne Corbray being off those same lists or being highly underrated is just an injustice. 

Gwayne Corbray is really underrated . His hour long duel with Daemon Blackfyre is one of the reason the reds won that battle imo. 

On 7/6/2017 at 9:48 PM, Beautiful Bloody Sword said:

Sword of the Morning, all day. Arthur Dayne's only peer would be Daemon Blackfyre. I'd say it's them two on their own level, and then Jaime and Barristen on the next level down, and then the Dragonknight, Cregan Stark, Corbray, Ryam Redwyne, etc. and all the other greats on the third level. 

Very bold and interesting rankings! 

On 7/6/2017 at 10:28 AM, goomba said:

Why Cole? Why not Aemon the Dragonknight? The Dragonknight also carried his unconscious king from Dorne to the Stormlands on his back, all Arthur did was defend some stupid tower. 

21 hours ago, Rickon Stark The Aulë said:

Why Cole? Why not Aemon the Dragonknight? The Dragonknight also carried his unconscious king from Dorne to the Stormlands on his back, all Arthur did was defend some stupid tower. 

I've seen a number of threads and fantasy match-ups involving Aemon the Dragonknight.

I've never saw one involving Criston Cole, even though he is known for being a very good 1-on-1 fighter and the most famous knight of his generation.

True, Arthur doesn't have that much to his resume aside from being pivotal in stopping the Kingswood Brotherhood and defeating the Smiling Knight, but that alone seemed to have been enough to propel him past Barristan Selmy, who was a living legend.

Archived