deep, thought provoking question thread

1 hour ago, larrytheimp said:

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does Happy Ent experience a disturbance in the force?

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure that Crying Indian Guy Who's Actually Italian and Woodsy Owl and Smokey the Bear all engage in a 3 way reach around when this occurs. 

Don't ask me how I know that. 

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure that Crying Indian Guy Who's Actually Italian and Woodsy Owl and Smokey the Bear all engage in a 3 way reach around when this occurs. 

Don't ask me how I know that. 

Well with owl talons and bear claws in mind I hope the other dude has a qualtiy armored condom and or quality urologist.

4 hours ago, Happy Ent said:

You really want to lose your shit? (Unspoiler to never sleep again.)

Reveal hidden contents

Thankfully that will never happen, as sugar does not exist for me.

8 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Like red rice made with tomatoes?

Everyone I know calls it arroz rojo.  

The reason I asked is because out here in the west a Hispanic coworker mentioned Spanish rice to another Hispanic coworker and was told it was aroz.  

Me being a Gringo am now totally confused. 

3 hours ago, Nasty LongRider said:

The reason I asked is because out here in the west a Hispanic coworker mentioned Spanish rice to another Hispanic coworker and was told it was aroz.  

Me being a Gringo am now totally confused. 

It's a regional thing.  It depends on where you are from, what your culture is, what language you speak, etc.  Most Latinos I know wouldn't call it Spanish rice because that's a white thing.  They say arroz rojo (red rice).  I've heard it called just arroz, too.  But I've also heard Latinos call it Spanish rice.  Just depends.  It's like how it can be coke, soda, pop, etc.  

3 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Why do cats like to sit in empty boxes?

They won't fit into full boxes.

11 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

A friend and I spent a couple hours trying to figure out the exact phrasing of the old wisdom about listening twice as much as you speak or something.  I dunno. We never figured it out.

I believe the rough translation of the Hebrew proverb is listen before you answer. If you don't, you are being stupid and insulting.

On 8/6/2017 at 3:00 PM, larrytheimp said:

"I eat pizza three times a day"

--foghat, "upside of lonely"

Does the band have their own pizza oven?!?!!?!  Or do they eat three meals between 1130 am and 11 pm when your average pizza joint is open?!?!  Is it Diagiorno?!?!?!

He eats pizza 3 times a day because he's either an optimist or a slob, and he always orders a large. That's the upside of lonely. He gets all the pizza to himself. 

/Oh yeah, and it's Foghat, so he's probably stoned. Let's go with slob.

Archived