How do you think Stannis will react to Jon Snow real parentage reveal?

Sergey Dukman

1 minute ago, TMIFairy said:

You know, before "answering" you could actually read what I wrote first ...

I thought I'd gone mad, so I went back and read your previous post again. So glad it's not straightjacket time. Yet. :P

16 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I thought I'd gone mad, so I went back and read your previous post again. So glad it's not straightjacket time. Yet. :P

So sorry that I did not make it clear I had Zandru in mind!

Just now, TMIFairy said:

So sorry that I did not make it clear I had Zandru in mind!

Oh, I know that! I meant that when I read @zandru's  reply to you, I thought it weird because I remembered you saying that Jon would never kill Bran. So, I was either going nuts and not remembering what I'd just read, or the other poster had misunderstood what you had said, :)

27 minutes ago, TMIFairy said:

You know, before "answering" you could actually read what I wrote first ...

Well, I did, and even quoted you, but apparently I've still misunderstood. I'll agree with you, however, that it's all but impossible for Jon to deliberately kill Bran. Much less feed him to Ghost.

16 minutes ago, zandru said:

Well, I did, and even quoted you, but apparently I've still misunderstood. I'll agree with you, however, that it's all but impossible for Jon to deliberately kill Bran. Much less feed him to Ghost.

Happens to me all the time. :D

So, we all agree that Jon would never harm any of his siblings cousins. 

i expect that Stannis will be dead by the time R+L=J becomes widely known, if it ever does.  

In the event he is still alive, I doubt he will consider Jon a real threat.  Jon's Targaryen heritage is unproven and illegitimate, and its disclosure is unlikely to change that.  Also, Jon refused to take the position of Lord of Winterfell, which was his for the taking.  Why would he get into an actual fight to become King, a position he probably wouldn't want anyway.

If Stannis (or anyone else) is going to worry about a Targaryen claimant, it is going to be Daenerys.  She is the trueborn daughter of the last Targaryen king

16 hours ago, zandru said:

Well, I think your last statement confirms my statements that Bran isn't currently the new King and the Reeds are not a Great House. But you make a reasonable point that Bran could be a logical heir to Robb. IF the North were willing to crown a 9 year old crippled child as war leader. I'd agree they would probably accept him as the rightful Lord of Winterfell. King? Probably not.

I think you misunderstood me. Bran is in a weaker position than his older brother was (ie troops were lost, the whitewalkers are at the doors, the North is divided etc). House Reed has also been weakened by the Greyjoy invasion and was never at par to the stronger Northern Houses (ie Manderlys or the Boltons). Neither player can go toe to toe against lets say the Lannisters or even LF.

However Stannis is not the Lannisters. He's a desperate man whose fighting in the North with an army mostly made up by Northerners. The North remembers and its fiercely loyal to the Starks. The moment he dares lifting his finger against a Stark he'll end up dead.

1 minute ago, devilish said:

I think you misunderstood me. Bran is in a weaker position than his older brother was (ie troops were lost, the whitewalkers are at the doors, the North is divided etc). House Reed has also been weakened by the Greyjoy invasion and was never at par to the stronger Northern Houses (ie Manderlys or the Boltons). Neither player can go toe to toe against lets say the Lannisters or even LF.

However Stannis is not the Lannisters. He's a desperate man whose fighting in the North with an army mostly made up by Northerners. The North remembers and its fiercely loyal to the Starks. The moment he dares lifting his finger against a Stark he'll end up dead.

But Stannis knows this, he is not an idiot. 

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

But Stannis knows this, he is not an idiot. 

It will be very interesting to see Stannis’s, Jon’s and the North’s to it TBH.

Let’s start from the Northerners. The Northerners will be thrilled. Lyanna Stark was loved. Her rescue pushed the entire north to war no ifs or buts. Having her boy back and alive will not only remove the only speck of dishonour from good old Ned but would also bring joy inside the Northerners hearts who wish nothing but revenge. Bran is broken, Rickon is a pup, Sansa is a Lannister and Arya is dead. Jon is a seasoned fighter, with a shot to the real thing and most important he’s one of them. Jon knows about the wall, he knows about the wolfswood and the barrows of the first men.  Even his gods are right! Who can deliver a sweeter revenge to them then him?

Which lead us to Jon. He was treated badly by the closest thing he knew to a mother, mainly because she thought that he was Ned’s bastard. Because of Ned’s rumour, Jon was pushed out of Winterfell and to the wall which lead to that famous attempted murder of his. So how will he react to the fact that he’s been treated that badly, mainly because Stannis brother/his father’s killer couldn’t handle the truth? How would he act that this same man had his half-sister butchered and that Stannis claim rest solely on putting his half-brother and aunt to the sword?

That leads us to Stannis Baratheon. He shares Jon’s hatred towards Robert. However his claim rest solely on the Targs being disowned and as far away from Westeros as possible (hopefully killed). Jon Snow is also a threat. He’s got support of most of the North + the GC will probably flock at his side the moment ‘Blackfyre’ is mentioned.  Sure they committed themselves to Aegon. However, we’re talking about glorified mercenaries here whose rise to status rest solely on them seeing a Targ/Blackfyre into power. Who gives a damn which of these Targs/Blackfyre will be? If Jon can raise the entire North at his side + he’s able to put the last Baratheon to the sword…well….that will ‘intriguing’ especially once Tyrell-Lannister forces start storming the Stormlands with an army 2/3 times bigger then that provided by the GC.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived