Great news for fans of "Who Fears Death"

Damelon

Exciting news, if they get this right it'll be both good and potentially important television.

But I also worry, because despite the author's involvement it's going to be a very hard book to adapt, and also, because the themes, and heck the on-screen happenings, are going to need incredibly sensitive handling.

Fingers crossed. It's a phenomenal novel, so I hope it goes well.

6 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Thread title should have been: Terrible news for fans of ASoIaF - GRRM finds another distraction.

Well, that's surely a bit unfortunate. It's still a very good sign that this novel will get the HBO treatment, regardless of GRRM being involved.

13 hours ago, Zorral said:

Maybe not as now the author, black and female, has been erased from the heads-up. 

I don't know, to me it just looks like a very hasty crop to get the image to fit.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they might have still cropped it that way if the author were a white male.

15 minutes ago, End of Disc One said:

I don't know, to me it just looks like a very hasty crop to get the image to fit.  I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they might have still cropped it that way if the author were a white male.

Except, of course, the text doesn't include the author's name either.  Or HER image.

30 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Except, of course, the text doesn't include the author's name either.  Or HER image.

Oh I know, they're putting the focus on GRRM for the clicks, because he's way more famous and they want their money.  Publications do the same thing with J.J. Abrams whenever he attaches his name to a TV show, even when he has little to do with it.  I'm not saying it's not a dick move to leave out the author's name and image in favor of GRRM.  I just won't jump to the conclusion that it's race or sex related.

Archived