The Biggest Red Herring in the Narrow Sea

9 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Perhaps he will. 

Aemon implies that Egg had dragon dreams too:

"I see them in my dreams, Sam. I see a red star bleeding in the sky. I still remember red. I see their shadows on the snow, hear the crack of leathern wings, feel their hot breath. My brothers dreamed of dragons too, and the dreams killed them, every one. Sam, we tremble on the cusp of half-remembered prophecies, of wonders and terrors that no man now living could hope to comprehend . . . or . . ."

41 minutes ago, SirArthur said:

Oh I think Arya will pose as fArya and Littlefinger will tell everyone that this Arya is fake. This may be Fanfic but in my mind Arya will replace fArya at some point and become the greatest troll in all of Westeros. 

Only if Arya is also the Waif. So it's the Waif pretending to be Arya pretending to be Jayne pretending to be Arya.

8 minutes ago, Damon_Tor said:

Only if Arya is also the Waif. So it's the Waif pretending to be Arya pretending to be Jayne pretending to be Arya.

Nah I mean my fan fiction seriously. Jayne will pay any price to get Ramsay killed by a faceless man. And Arya will finish the job by replacing her. And from there on she will rule the North as Queen Arya. And everybody will think it's just Jayne. And when Cersei finds out .... it's too late.

Ok, back to my fan fiction cave.

4 minutes ago, SirArthur said:

Nah I mean my fan fiction seriously. Jayne will pay any price to get Ramsay killed by a faceless man. And Arya will finish the job by replacing her. And from there on she will rule the North as Queen Arya. And everybody will think it's just Jayne. And when Cersei finds out .... it's too late.

Ok, back to my fan fiction cave.

You know, I could totally see Jeyne accompanying the Banker back to Braavos. From there, I could see her going to the House of Black and White to pray for Ramsay's death. And perhaps, she might even pray for Petyr's death...

Aemon implies that Egg had dragon dreams too:

"I see them in my dreams, Sam. I see a red star bleeding in the sky. I still remember red. I see their shadows on the snow, hear the crack of leathern wings, feel their hot breath. My brothers dreamed of dragons too, and the dreams killed them, every one. Sam, we tremble on the cusp of half-remembered prophecies, of wonders and terrors that no man now living could hope to comprehend . . . or . . ."

Trying not to derail but this line has always bothered me because Mormont says Daeron died of a pox from a whore...

The new king summoned all his sons to court and would have made Aemon part of his councils, but he refused, saying that would usurp the place rightly belonging to the Grand Maester. Instead he served at the keep of his eldest brother, another Daeron. Well, that one died too, leaving only a feeble-witted daughter as heir. Some pox he caught from a whore, I believe. The next brother was Aerion."

He does say "I believe", so maybe Mormont is wrong?

Sorry for the wierd formatting.

21 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

No, a child doesn't need to nurse "the moment it's born." It's normal for an infant to take several hours before it even figures out how to latch onto a breast. And the milk doesn't come in for several days. And infants typically lose about a pound (10-20% of their bodyweight) in the first week of life because of these factors. That's 100% normal.

I think you are confusing hospital births with non-hospital ones. Newborns do need to be nursed soon as they are done wailing. And they already know how to nurse. The babies that don't are the exception to the rule. Newborns don't wait "several hours" after birth to nurse, they do it in the first couple. Unless the birth is a cesarean, but that's a new thing. Mothers immediately produce nutrition for babies once the baby is born. Medically it's known as something else, but for all other purposes it's milk.  Some mothers don't lactate, and that's also the exception to the rule. An infant who isn't nursed and loses body weight as much as a pound will not survive in a medieval world. Newborns in hospitals can survive most conditions because there are teams of doctors to look after them. This is not the case in a medieval setting. A newborn who is not properly taken care of soon after birth will  most likely die whether in the modern world or the ancient world. Dany is also camping in the middle of nowhere, where no one is prepared for a birth, and the chances of a newborn surviving that is quite slim. It's even a miracle that Dany survived it. 

21 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

Egg doesn't have prophetic dreams either. There are Targaryens (and Blackfyres) who have prophetic dreams, but Egg isn't one of them. He believes strongly in prophecy, but the prophecies are never his own.

Who says that "my dreams, unlike yours, come true" or something like that? I thought it was Egg. Anyway it was a Targ. The original point I was going to make is that Dany has prophetic dreams like her ancestors, and in one of them she sees the adult Rhaego would have grown up to be if he was born. But that doesn't happen, she gets other "children" instead.

It's very hard to believe an event as explicitly described as Dany's curse abortion didn't go as GRRM describes it. It was in a POV chapter and we read it happening in real time. I can't think of any other instance that something that we read about in real time turns out to be something else. Feel free to point out if I'm wrong about this. The other supposed baby swap with fAegon is an event in the past that we learn about in passing from people who never actually saw the deaths happen. Jon's parentage issue is also something that happens in the past, and Ned's POV chapter is never explicit about it either (mostly because GRRM is carefully crafting that particular mystery). 

38 minutes ago, Ghost+Nymeria4Eva said:

Who says that "my dreams, unlike yours, come true" or something like that? I thought it was Egg. Anyway it was a Targ.

Daeron

"Did I? Well, it's so. My dreams are not like yours, Ser Duncan. Mine are true. They frighten me. You frighten me. I dreamed of you and a dead dragon, you see. A great beast, huge, with wings so large they could cover this meadow. It had fallen on top of you, but you were alive and the dragon was dead." (TMK)

Archived