Opening scene prediction?

Lucius Lovejoy

I haven't kept track of the opening scenes season by season so there may be a pattern, but out of curiousity what does everyone think the opening scene will be?  Please use spoilers if you actually know.  My guess is it opens with Jon Snow in Winterfell taking care of some routine business with Davos before being interrupted by Sansa or Littlefinger with some new information.

I think it will be Drogon landing to roost on the battlements of Dragonstone, followed closely by the people currently residing in Dragonstone collectively shitting their pants (and then opening the gates for their new Queen).

1 hour ago, Philpenn said:

I'd put my money on what DarkBastard guessed.  They already wasted the what could have been a very suspenseful moment by putting it in the trailer.  Why not just get right to it?

My thinking on this is that Dany and the dragons getting to Dragonstone will end the episode and that we'll have conversations between Jon/Davos, Sansa/Littlefinger, and Cersei/Jaime discussing the reports of her and the dragons.  Imagine a line from Cersei like "my bumbling fool of a husband should have had her killed when he had the chance" and what not.

What is more appropriate or less appropriate for an opening scene? I would rule out a conversation (a Cersei/Jamie talk seems imminent, but not as an o.s.), as well as an immediate  battle/combat. The beginning should rather be calm (like Jaime bringing back Myrcellas body) and/or slowly building up tension like Cersei's flashback with Maggie the Frog.

a) A house in Essos. A healer and his household. A hooded man visiting him - and finally its Jorah in a considerably worsened condition. On the other hand: He is not a major player, so why waste the o.s. on him?

b ) The night king - after having killed a last few wildings still in the North - climbs a crest and looks around, and as we see what he sees the Wall is in sighting distance (which still could be many many miles, depending on the crests height).

c) I really like the idea with the flashback of Dany's birth.

There will be a cold open, which few will predict according to what I read. Also someone will drop a line about leaving a single stark alive is like leaving one wolf to guard the sheep, and you are the sheep or something similar.  Bran and Meera will reach the wall also and the Nightswatch will let them in, apparently Bran will be out of it but freak out as he foresees the fall of the wall.

New Info, Scenes in number order. No Euron or WW opening

1. Walder Frey(Faceless Arya) Poison's all Frey's
  2. Jaime and Cersei in the map room
  3. Jon & Sansa Debate/War in front of Everyone
  4. Bran & Meera arrive at castle black
  5. Brienne/Tormund Sheila story 
  6. LF/Sansa conversation from the 1st trailer
  7. Jon and Sansa fighting at the Wierwood 
  8. Dany fleet and Yara and Theon's fleet
  9. Jaime and Cersei meeting about buying sell swords(No Euron)
  10. Dany landing on Dragonstone.
  11. Tyrion has the only line "Shall We Begin"

On 7/11/2017 at 6:58 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

I haven't kept track of the opening scenes season by season so there may be a pattern, but out of curiousity what does everyone think the opening scene will be?  Please use spoilers if you actually know.  My guess is it opens with Jon Snow in Winterfell taking care of some routine business with Davos before being interrupted by Sansa or Littlefinger with some new information.

On 7/12/2017 at 2:17 PM, jorywea said:

<snip>

i am guessing you just don't get how to use spoiler tags...or are too much of an asshat to respect someone's OP

:smoking:

ETA: i hope the epi starts off with dragons swarming dragonstone...

I'm not going to post any spoilers because to some degree I know what the first scene will be. I will say that it will be a scene before the opening credits similar to the very first scene of the series with the rangers north of the wall encountering the ww, or like the beginning of two swords where we see tywin having Ice melted down and being reforged. 

OPENING SCENE: 

Setting:

The broken tower of Winterfell. 

We zoom in from the same window Bran fell from, and we see Tormund in the background, naked (not full frontal, but elegantly covering his manhood with his beard) on some furs, lounging on his back, his elbow bent, propping up his head. In the foreground, we see Brienne hastily buckling her armor back on, saying that this was a huge mistake, and that he caught her in a moment of weakness after the events of Rivverun. He laughs at her as she runs out of the tower and slams the door behind her. She looks at Oathkeeper, and as a single tear runs down her cheek, she whispers, "Jaime...." 

Then we hear Tormund call through the door, "Bitch! Bring me a sandwich and some Direwolf Ale!"  She flushes beet red and runs down the steps as quickly as possible. Then we cut to....

Dany walking on the beach of Dragonstone. Dum dum da da dum dum da da da.....

Seriously, who WOULDN'T want to see that?  

1 hour ago, D.Wolf said:

I'm not going to post any spoilers because to some degree I know what the first scene will be. I will say that it will be a scene before the opening credits similar to the very first scene of the series with the rangers north of the wall encountering the ww, or like the beginning of two swords where we see tywin having Ice melted down and being reforged. 

BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived