Football: Silly season

Mark Antony

Think Coutinho was going to be playing in a midfield three behind Mane-Firmino-Salah and next to Hendo and one of Lallana/Can/Gini. 

Dont think Mahrez would fit as a replacement. If we did sell Coutinho for a stupid amount than I would hope we could throw a insane amount of money at Leipzig and change their minds on Keita. 

But idk despite the transfer request and "back injury" I still would be surprised if FSG sold him after missing out on our top targets when they're doing pretty much the same thing Coutinho is doing to us with their clubs. 

2 minutes ago, Notone said:

Payet :D

That would be awesome!  He's probably just about ready to force a move away from Marseille anyway.  He's been there a good 7 months already!

6 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Think Coutinho was going to be playing in a midfield three behind Mane-Firmino-Salah and next to Hendo and one of Lallana/Can/Gini.

In the Bayern game he was definitely playing as a #8. Don't know what else Klopp may have experimented with in other preseason games. Coutinho looked very good in the #8 position during that game and with both Mane and Salah on the flanks, Liverpool were looking very dangerous in attack.

4 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

In the Bayern game he was definitely playing as a #8. Don't know what else Klopp may have experimented with in other preseason games. Coutinho looked very good in the #8 position during that game and with both Mane and Salah on the flanks, Liverpool were looking very dangerous in attack.

Yeah that's definitely my favorite position for him. He was awesome in 13/14 playing that role. :( 

19 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

But idk despite the transfer request and "back injury" I still would be surprised if FSG sold him after missing out on our top targets when they're doing pretty much the same thing Coutinho is doing to us with their clubs. 

Yeah, FSG look to be digging their heels in. They clearly want to make a bit of a statement about not being pushed around. As they basically told Suarez and Arsenal to get fucked when we were probably in a worse financial position and there was a bit of a grey area in his contract about a buy out clause, which Coutinho clearly doesn't have, I don't see them backing down.

6 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Of course, making a statement about being pushed around would be just about the dumbest thing they could ever do, if they actually want VVD. 

The reality is Van Dijk just signed a new contract too and Saints also get the sacks of money from the new tv deal. If they're inclined to stick their heels in they're also in a pretty strong position to do it.

ETA: Should have gone for Lacazette in my fantasy team.

Leicester look decent, and with Mahrez not really contributing too much. It might make things a bit more interesting if they're good again this year.

Arsenal don't look great at the back but I suppose they've got Koscielny and Mustafi to come back.

15 minutes ago, Horse of Kent said:

Such a waste having Kolasinac at centre back. He looks very restless at not being able to get forward much. Also, I wish the commentators could pronounce his name correctly.

Agreed. I wish they'd sell Chamberlain. I fucking hate his play.

Just now, Soylent Brown said:

I can't yet tell if this is Leicester being good or Arsenal being Arsenal. Early days yet though!

Both. Arsenal making sloppy passes and giving it away in dangerous positions and Leicester capitalizing on them. This is what both teams do.

7 minutes ago, Raja said:

If we had our defenders fit, Kolasinac would be at LWB

Not sure why Mustafi is on the bench if he can't play, if he can then he is really needed out there. Arsenal could get away with one of Kolasinac or Monreal at CB, but both of them with no experienced colleague to guide them through it has been a bit of a disaster. Neither look comfortable with aerial balls or deciding who is responsible for what - which allowed Vardy to walk in for the Leicester second.

Archived