blacken

Is Euron too good to be true?

22 posts in this topic

One thing we may be overlooking with Euron is that his character may be one of the keys to understanding the Others or something going on way North.    If Euron is or was a greenseer, he has immense power and can do all the cool tricks.  If that greenseeing ability has been twisted to serve a force decidedly bent on destruction and apocalypse Euron should be as strong as Bran.   If that ability was always there but the 3rd eye was opened with Shade of the Evening, what ever malevolence lives in Euron's own psyche is free to roam.  He may be as strong as Bloodraven for all we know.   I think we have some damned fine prophetic vision in The Forsaken.   Aeron hates Euron so there is that prejudice at play, but the imagery is fantastic.   Without the magic or hallucinations or prophesy, Euron's torture of Aeron and occasional confessions make for a really interesting character.   I think Euron almost has to be magical to be a worse bad than Ramsay and Joffrey before him.   He needs to be the end all beat all villain.   

Euron went to places we have no idea. Possibly even Stygai. Who knows what he found. Or what found him. I have no problem with him handling or bringing back stuff forgotten since the Great Empire of the Dawn and its God on Earth. Or the heroes of the Dawn Age.