Jon will get wightified, a theory by Lothar Frey

I, Lord Lothar Frey, renowned architect of the Red Wedding and one of the most prominent thinkers in Westeros present before you a theory. 

Jon will get resurrected by the White Walkers.  He will become of one the ice leaders because of his skin changing ability.  Skin changing is how the Others control their wights.  Set this idea aside for the moment and we will come back to it.

Man and the White Walkers can live side by side.  Craster proved it can be done as long as man is willing to make periodic sacrifices to the White Walkers.  The bodies of the walkers are slowly deteriorating and Craster's baby donations allowed them to replace their corpse.  Keep them supplied with babies and they will continue to live.  They can mind transfer from their decaying bodies to the newborn's body as they need to.  It would suck to have the mind of an adult in the form factor of a baby but hell it's better than permanent death. 

The wildlings value their freedom and they will side with the Others.  A deal will be struck in which the Others will push the non-wildlings out of the north in return for the wildlings swearing to sacrifice their babies to the Others.  Some quota will be agreed on.  Jon will lead the wights against the people of Westeros but will be stopped by Dany and Drogon at the Trident.  A new boundary will be established at Moat Cailin between the kingdom of ice and the kingdom of fire. 

Er, no. I don't think so. Everything about Jon's story points to him fighting against the Others not for them. For GRRM to pull this out of practically nowhere, it would be a shock twist for the sake of a shock twist. That's not George's style. Sure, some of the events in the book are shocking things we didn't see coming, but the set up for them is always there to be seen on a reread. I can find nothing; and you've provided nothing; from the texts that supports, hints at or foreshadows this.

The story in Winds and Dream will most likely be; as TMIFairy said; "Jon resurrected, saves world" (I'm not sure if Jon and Dany will happen) but there will be a lot that happens in between those events, and we don't know what state the world will be in when it is 'saved'.

2 hours ago, Lame Lothar Frey said:

I, Lord Lothar Frey, renowned architect of the Red Wedding and one of the most prominent thinkers in Westeros present before you a theory. 

Jon will get resurrected by the White Walkers.  He will become of one the ice leaders because of his skin changing ability.  Skin changing is how the Others control their wights.  Set this idea aside for the moment and we will come back to it.

Man and the White Walkers can live side by side.  Craster proved it can be done as long as man is willing to make periodic sacrifices to the White Walkers.  The bodies of the walkers are slowly deteriorating and Craster's baby donations allowed them to replace their corpse.  Keep them supplied with babies and they will continue to live.  They can mind transfer from their decaying bodies to the newborn's body as they need to.  It would suck to have the mind of an adult in the form factor of a baby but hell it's better than permanent death. 

The wildlings value their freedom and they will side with the Others.  A deal will be struck in which the Others will push the non-wildlings out of the north in return for the wildlings swearing to sacrifice their babies to the Others.  Some quota will be agreed on.  Jon will lead the wights against the people of Westeros but will be stopped by Dany and Drogon at the Trident.  A new boundary will be established at Moat Cailin between the kingdom of ice and the kingdom of fire. 

So the eternal battle of ice and fire will continue.  I like it.  This keeps Jon confined to the north where he can't rot.  Foreshadowed by what happened to the direwolves when they came to the south.  The momma direwolf was the warning that the Starks didn't understand. 

16 hours ago, Barbrey Dustin said:

That will give the north the independence they crave but they have to pay the price.  That frozen waste land will have little value to the south. 

The north can be the buffer between the wildlings and the south.  

8 hours ago, Graydon Hicks said:

i honestly believe that jon will likely die at the end, taking the night king with him. he feels like that kind of fated hero to me. but maybe he will get some girl pregnant first. leave a legacy behind.

Jon can fertilize Arya.  They can have a litter of furry wolves together before they die.

On 7/15/2017 at 11:32 AM, Adam Yozza said:

Er, no. I don't think so. Everything about Jon's story points to him fighting against the Others not for them. For GRRM to pull this out of practically nowhere, it would be a shock twist for the sake of a shock twist. That's not George's style. Sure, some of the events in the book are shocking things we didn't see coming, but the set up for them is always there to be seen on a reread. I can find nothing; and you've provided nothing; from the texts that supports, hints at or foreshadows this.

The story in Winds and Dream will most likely be; as TMIFairy said; "Jon resurrected, saves world" (I'm not sure if Jon and Dany will happen) but there will be a lot that happens in between those events, and we don't know what state the world will be in when it is 'saved'.

Fire and ice will battle for control of the land.  Jon is ice.  There is no such thing as someone both fire and ice even if you believe in R+L=J.  The Starks rebelled twice in the span of 17 years.  I think they will rebel again.  Taking back Winterfell and the North from Roose Bolton is rebellion.  Seeing that they have no army, Jon will more likely betray the kingdom again and lead an army of wights and free folk to take the north from Roose Bolton.  Jon puts family first ahead of everybody else and everything.  He will betray Westeros and commit whatever crime he has to commit to support his Stark siblings.  Just as he let a very dangerous element like Mance loose on the north to help Arya he will not hesitate to loose an army of the dead on the north to serve the interest of the Starks if it came down to him having to make a choice.

12 hours ago, 300 H&H Magnum said:

Fire and ice will battle for control of the land.  Jon is ice.  There is no such thing as someone both fire and ice even if you believe in R+L=J.  The Starks rebelled twice in the span of 17 years.  I think they will rebel again.  Taking back Winterfell and the North from Roose Bolton is rebellion.  Seeing that they have no army, Jon will more likely betray the kingdom again and lead an army of wights and free folk to take the north from Roose Bolton.  Jon puts family first ahead of everybody else and everything.  He will betray Westeros and commit whatever crime he has to commit to support his Stark siblings.  Just as he let a very dangerous element like Mance loose on the north to help Arya he will not hesitate to loose an army of the dead on the north to serve the interest of the Starks if it came down to him having to make a choice.

We don't know who is who yet. And yeah, they might well rebel against the Iron Throne again. That's not the same as siding with the Others. Everything about Jon's story leads to him fighting against the wights.

'Jon puts family first ahead of everybody else and everything' No, he actually doesn't. He could have kept riding back in Game and gone to join Robb. But he didn't.  He ultimately chose to stay at the Wall and stay true to his vows. After he heard of the Red Wedding, he didn't ride south to avenge his brother. He wanted to, but he didn't. When he heard Arya was being married to Ramsay, he did nothing until he heard she was trying to escape anyway, and even then all he did was send a somewhat trusted ally to guide her to Castle Black.

'Just as he let a very dangerous element like Mance loose on the north to help Arya he will not hesitate to loose an army of the dead on the north to serve the interest of the Starks if it came down to him having to make a choice' That's one of the most stupid statements I've ever heard. Sending Mance and a group of wildlings to rescue ones fleeing sister is one thing, unleashing the Others on the North is entirely another. Mance has sworn to fight for Jon and is trusted; on the flip side Jon has been doing everything in his power to stop the wights.  So no, he would not onlu hesitate about such a thing, he would decide not to do it; if he even considers it, which I doubt.

On 16/07/2017 at 0:23 AM, Rain on Wednesday said:

Uh....I love fantasy, but not yours. Where did you get this idea?

I kind of like the idea. We've seen that skinchangers can control multiple animals at the same time without leaving their bodies. It seems to make sense that if you could somehow reanimate a corpse that you could do something similar with it, especially if its mind is gone or significantly weakened.

13 hours ago, Ser Petyr Parker said:

I kind of like the idea. We've seen that skinchangers can control multiple animals at the same time without leaving their bodies. It seems to make sense that if you could somehow reanimate a corpse that you could do something similar with it, especially if its mind is gone or significantly weakened.

I like the hive mind theory to explain how the nk directs his wights.  It also makes sense that the nk was a Stark.  He must have been a powerful warg before his conversion. 

On 7/15/2017 at 10:32 AM, Lame Lothar Frey said:

Sure, that is possible. But seeing as how you have presented zero evidence from the text to back it up, I will give your "theory" a 0.003% chance of being correct. :P 

Archived