Enigmatic 'Not a Blog' Post: Alas, Valyria

Eduardo Aranha

9 minutes ago, divica said:

Didn t he say he would focus completly on twow?

Maybe if he is going to write that book it is another clue about twow being finished...

Anyway, what is that book about and will it be a short story?

LOL, sure, he was clearing the decks and not taking on any more new projects or doing any new events.........

I think, but am not sure, that Fire and Blood is going to be another World Book type of history of the Targs.

28 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Could be. But he's talked about that before, many times. Why the enigmatic mood? 

Maybe his inability to finish Winds is a mystery to him as well as everyone else...I have no idea really.  But, it seems like a very "off" sort of post as a prelude to announcing that Winds is completed.

3 hours ago, divica said:

Another thought.

What do the greyjoys and valyria have in common?

The horn dragonbinder (or simillar horns) which happen to be the cover of twow!!!!

Interesting isn t it?

I think it could also be in reference to a new doom being brought to a city, a la Valyria. Euron handily brings all these things together, as we know he's been attacking cities, has Valyrian connections, and is a Greyjoy. 

Whenever we get it, I think TWoW will be a hell of a book.

So, I read the thread before checking out GRRM's post - because I assumed he was fucking with us.

But I've just read the post .... and I am now hopeful.

I agree that with the comment upthread that GRRM is either deliberately trolling or this post is significant re: progress in TWOW.

But this would be such a weird, random way of trolling even for GRRM - when he knows how crazy fans are, and the whole world (OK I exaggerate) is about to be obsessed with the new season of the travesty.

I don't think it's about a spin-off given the ASOIAF tag .... that is just way too shit a thing to do, immediately before the next season.

That, it seems to me, leaves two options:

1.  it is a secret hint as to TWOW date (10:8)

2.  it is straightforward reflection that GRRM has dealt somewhere in TWOW with the Doom, and that somehow ties in with Euron and possibly the dragon horn

It seems to me 2. is much more likely.

But if it is 2, then although it is not a firm date, it is at least a sign that TWOW is progressing well ... behind the 'enigmatic' mood, I think there is a tone of satisfaction at a job well done in this post and the biblical quotation. I don't think GRRM would just post a random cryptic update like this unless, subjectively, he felt either that he had broken the back of TWOW and was on the downhill ... or, and let us dare to dream, an announcement will be forthcoming shortly, either before or soon after the end of season 7.

tl;dr we are going to get a firm announcement about TWOW in the next couple of months.

6 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Could be. But he's talked about that before, many times. Why the enigmatic mood? 

Egnimatic-  difficult to interpret or understand; mysterious.

Maybe hes puzzling as to which to start/finish up first? Or maybe deciding to announce its done now and have it ready to buy the day after season 7 wraps up or wait for last episode of season 7 to announce completion. With grrm, who knows. 

This post is driving me mad. I dreamt this night that GRRM finally announced he has finished TWOW, and woke up believing it. Five minutes in heaven… The more time pass, the more I'm confused. I can't believe this is just trolling, I don't think it's his kind of humour. He knows how eager we are. The tag "song of ice and fire" had only be used to relate to the books so far (or by-products around the books, never the show) with or without the "a" ahead. 

Comments blocked shows he knows that we are going to make the link with Winds, during the terrible "12 days", he didn't occur to him that fans could relate the tweets to announcement date. So I'm part hoping, part confused and most of all impatient to know what is going on. Keep refreshing...

May the winter come...

People, I sympathize with your hopes about Winds. However: stop trying to read Winds completion theories into everything GRRM says or does. If you look at that blog post objectively it shows no connection to Winds.

Besides if he were finished GRRM would say so. He made that clear long ago.

My guess is the post might rather have something to do with one of the GoT spinoffs that HBO is developing. Maybe HBO killed a Doom of Valyria spinoff proposal and GRRM is lamenting that but cannot do so openly or maybe they greenlighted its further development and GRRM is happy about that but again can not do so openly.

1 hour ago, Amris said:

People, I sympathize with your hopes about Winds. However: stop trying to read Winds completion theories into everything GRRM says or does. If you look at that blog post objectively it shows no connection to Winds.

My guess is the post might rather have something to do with one of the GoT spinoffs that HBO is developing. Maybe HBO killed a Doom of Valyria spinoff proposal and GRRM is lamenting that but cannot do so openly or maybe they greenlighted its further development and GRRM is happy about that but again can not do so openly.

Come on. You have to admit that a picture related to the greyjoys and valyria has little else to connect them besides dragonbinder. And it happens to be the cover of twow!

I might end up disapointed, but now I can t stop thinking it must be related to twow

26 minutes ago, Orso said:

The only problem is that the cover with the horn is fan-made, not the official cover.

Are you sure? I could swear that the cover was oficial and it had beens used in oficial sites like goodreads for years

5 hours ago, Amris said:

It *has* to be some sort of announcement, I am so sure of it. My hunch tells me you are right, and that it is about a spinoff. But you have to admit, there is evidence to back our Winds theories.

13 hours ago, Valyirian Aurochs said:

Originally Feast was 1500 pages, but he cut 500 pages and published Feast as 1000 page book. So he had a 500-page headstart for Dance. But the thing is he scrapped most of those 500 pages and rewrote them. Delays came to Dance because of a lot of rewriting. I've also heard that Winds is going smoother in that there hasn't been a lot of rewriting.

Not so sure on that. Two years ago during the summer, he said he thought he was close to finishing and told his publishers it would be done by Halloween 2015. Then after a delay he told them it would be done by New Years 2016. Here we are 19 months after NYE with no book. If he thought he was close to finishing two years ago, then it seems likely he did some pretty big rewrites to not have a book out at this point.

I think that he gave us an Enigma to solve. And the hint was his "enigmatic mood". 

For me, its solved. 

1) The sentence from *revelations* tell us the release date. 10/18/17

2) The post was in the same date as the realease date of ADwD. 7/12.

3) The tag ASOIAF.

4) The link between the images of Valirya and Greyjoy banners is the dragonbinder horn, wich is the book cover.

I am on board the hype train and crying of joy. Lol.

(Sorry for any English mistakes. Brazilian here)

Archived