Enigmatic 'Not a Blog' Post: Alas, Valyria

Eduardo Aranha

1 hour ago, divica said:

Arya, alisane, ariane(2), barristan (2), tyrion (2), victarion, jon con, theon

I think he released this chaps so far (11)

I know I've read all of them and heard the Victarion chapter.  I know I haven't read a Jon Connington chapter.  The Wiki link only provides 7:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/The_Winds_of_Winter

9 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

It might be the biggest book yet, but it won't be much bigger than Storm or Dance. Book bindings wouldn't allow it. No way he could fit 100 chapters in a book with the chapter sizes he has been writing. Below are the average page per chapter for the five books in the series:

AGOT: 9.6

ACOK: 11

ASOS: 12.1

AFFC: 16.4

ADWD: 14.5

If you notice the trend, his chapters have been getting longer the last two books. Also why the story has meandered more in the last two books as well. But say you average the chapter length between Feast and Dance at 15.45, 100 chapters would be over 1500 published pages. That book would be a monster.

I don t know where I read it but I think twow manuscript is suposed to be around that number.

Even adwd was about 1100 pages of manuscrip but I am unsure if it included the pages moved to twow...

1 minute ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

I know I've read all of them and heard the Victarion chapter.  I know I haven't read a Jon Connington chapter.  The Wiki link only provides 7:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/The_Winds_of_Winter

I just had to say hello to someone with the screenname Sour Billy Tipton.  I do think I recall seeing your name over the years and giving a HELLO!!  So, hello again. 

Ah, are we counting up sample TWOW chapters. That reminds me, does anyone know of the best link or place to find that Aeron Chapter? 

2 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

I just had to say hello to someone with the screenname Sour Billy Tipton.  I do think I recall seeing your name over the years and giving a HELLO!!  So, hello again. 

Ah, are we counting up sample TWOW chapters. That reminds me, does anyone know of the best link or place to find that Aeron Chapter? 

Hi, nice to meet you.  I'm in South Jersey too!  And here's a link to the Forsaken chapter:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TOzYKnHHFS87I2B1Mx1xaF0zoR5pjdl5bLh9Fzi6Dts/edit

4 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Hi, nice to meet you.  I'm in South Jersey too!  And here's a link to the Forsaken chapter:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TOzYKnHHFS87I2B1Mx1xaF0zoR5pjdl5bLh9Fzi6Dts/edit

Thank you so much.  I read a really good rendition of it when it first came out, but it's a been awhile and wanted to check it out again.  It was a terrific chapter, gruesome, but terrific. 

I noticed the Philly on your location thingy, you're not my ex, are you?  HAHA  Nevermind, I'm fairly certain he's not in Jersey right now.  I once found someone who reminded me of my father here, too.  I guess that's how it goes with having readers in one's life, past and present.  I'm saving the chapter link, thank you again. 

3 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

But the Targaryens came from Valyria because of the impending doom.  The only thing that doesn't fit is the Greyjoys.  However, the author could always have added in a back history for the Greyjoys having visited Valyria in the past.

I just can't square the actual revelation quote, which is about loss, as being a pre pre announcement that would be about Winds, a huge positrive.

There's another link between Targaryens and Greyjoys. Sort of. Rodrik Harlaw has a copy of The Book of Lost Books which contains three pages of Signs and Portents.This may bring revelations of the Targaryens's past or even the future.

So, it can be a new sample about thsat. The Facebook profile of Westeros.org published a post about Valyria few minutes after GRRM have posted in Not a Blog. There's a fuzz around caused by the new season, making a great time to draw more attention to the books.

Or, it is something related to the series, despite de tag ASOIAF, and the same book will show up in the series.

11 minutes ago, divica said:

you are right. I don t know why I thought there was a jon com chap...

6 years of waiting may have something to do with it.  I'm confused about the Barristan and Tyrion chapters.  I think we did receive two of each.  I remember going to Barnes&Noble when the paperback edition of ADWD came out and I read a Barristan chapter.  That one was before battle started and he spoke with his squires.  And then there was another chapter during the battle and spoilers occur which I won't go into.   

11 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Thank you so much.  I read a really good rendition of it when it first came out, but it's a been awhile and wanted to check it out again.  It was a terrific chapter, gruesome, but terrific. 

I noticed the Philly on your location thingy, you're not my ex, are you?  HAHA  Nevermind, I'm fairly certain he's not in Jersey right now.  I once found someone who reminded me of my father here, too.  I guess that's how it goes with having readers in one's life, past and present.  I'm saving the chapter link, thank you again. 

It's been years since I read Fevre Dream, it's probably time for me to open it up again.  And I always list Philadelphia as a location, most people assume all of New Jersey relates to the Sopranos.  And I wonder how I could give them that idea (see profile photo <----).

And I am your ex!  He's still my dog, and I want him back!!!

11 minutes ago, divica said:

I don t know where I read it but I think twow manuscript is suposed to be around that number.

Even adwd was about 1100 pages of manuscrip but I am unsure if it included the pages moved to twow...

That's manuscript pages. 1 manuscript page does not equal 1 published page. Every book and author is different, but the average manuscript page is around 250 words. GRRM's published books averaged around 414 words per page between the five books. Storm of Swords had the highest word count at 424,000 words. Say this book is even bigger at 450,000 words, which seems too high, but we'll list that for sake of argument. If we follow the same words per page as the other books at 414 words per page, we would still only have a 1086 page published book. So, it may be bigger than Dance, but at Dance's 1056 pages, we won't get a much bigger book.

3 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

6 years of waiting may have something to do with it.  I'm confused about the Barristan and Tyrion chapters.  I think we did receive two of each.  I remember going to Barnes&Noble when the paperback edition of ADWD came out and I read a Barristan chapter.  That one was before battle started and he spoke with his squires.  And then there was another chapter during the battle and spoilers occur which I won't go into.   

It's been years since I read Fevre Dream, it's probably time for me to open it up again.  And I always list Philadelphia as a location, most people assume all of New Jersey relates to the Sopranos.  And I wonder how I could give them that idea (see profile photo <----).

And I am your ex!  He's still my dog, and I want him back!!!

LOL  I put South Jersey cause everyone thinks either Sopranos and/or NY area, fuck that. 

Ah, he had his dog, I got the cats, LOL  And well wishes for each other, after all, we both had great taste in partners. HA  Fevre Dream made me fall in love Byron and Shelley poetry.  And steam boats. 

I think there are two of each Tyrion and Barristan, it's been so long, though, LOL  This all reminds me I could use a good reread of the sample chapters. 

13 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

there are 2 chaps from tyrion and barristan

here is a lot of info about twow

https://warsandpoliticsoficeandfire.wordpress.com/2016/07/12/the-ulimate-winds-of-winter-resource/

4 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

Ah, he had his dog, I got the cats, LOL  And well wishes for each other, after all, we both had great taste in partners. HA  Fevre Dream made me fall in love Byron and Shelley poetry.  And steam boats. 

Sounds like he got the better part of the deal in my opinion.  I lost my labrador in January, and I've missed her everyday since.  

And Fevre Dream at the time made me fall out of love even further with True Blood and convinced me it sucked.  And not the scary/erotic vampire sucking, just regular sucking.

FWIW the post-apocalyptic book Alas Babylon is about a community that survives during the immediate aftermath of a nuclear war. It's a good read. I seem to recall one scene that reminds me of Randyll dispensing justice in Maidenpool. But I can't recall the details or why that connection is in my head. 

4 minutes ago, divica said:

lets keep this topic interesting.

a) when do you think grrm will explain this post?

b ) do you think he will explain the post?

I think he will post about winds of winter and won't explain the enigmatic post. 

He will joke about it!;)

23 minutes ago, divica said:

lets keep this topic interesting.

a) when do you think grrm will explain this post?

b ) do you think he will explain the post?

a) at his next big event appearance.....but i don't know when that is.

b ) he will eventually explain it.

Archived