Enigmatic 'Not a Blog' Post: Alas, Valyria

Eduardo Aranha

2 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Sorry sadly I am not well versed to give a show and tell.

People have been saying the tag is a song of ice and fire. The tag is song of ice and fire. You will need to look at Martin's blog. He seems to use different tags for different subjects. If you look at the Alas post you will see that he used song of ice and fire not a song of ice and fire.

Your guess is as good as mine as to why he uses different tags. Did you by any chance click the song of ice and fire tag in his Alas post? Did you read three pages of his blog and arrive at Dragon Time.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/198122.html

.. shite... look on the side of his blog and read the multiple tags. Click and see if you can find the difference.

I didn't research the tags comprehensively, but at a fast glance I couldn't spot any difference. To me it seems like he uses both tags interchangeably, and sometimes he uses both.

So, after having to do some actual work, I notice there are upwards of 40 new replies here. I'm thinking, Holy Schneikis! Is there some breaking news that is blowing up the thread!!! Then I find this. Iraq'n we'll have to Kuwait'n for real news.

Yeah, no news. This is a serious post, btw.

I'm just Rome'ing around the house and thinking about the now infamous Alas, Valyria post, and know what's really, really bugging me? The locked comments. Not just for that post, but all subsequent ones and now apparently even older ones?

This to me suggests Martin is totally aware of what's going on and how fans are in a frenzy. But is that a good thing or a bad thing? I can't tell anymore, the suspense and thinking about this too much is doing my head in. 

2 hours ago, Sor Jon said:

I'm pretty sure the post means that he's close to finish. That doesn't mean he has already finished. Just close. How close? God knows. 

There will be no more news 'till the announcement.

Well if he doesn't make an announcement before August 9, we will have to wait to wait till September at the earliest.  He'll be traveling for the majority of August and will arrive home on the 22nd, and he usually needs about a week to become situated after a long trip.

2 hours ago, divica said:

This is good.

So with all the atention the theries are getting if it isn t about twow he will anounce it within a couple of days.

His comments from 2014 would suggest the post had nothing to do with Winds being finished....so I am back to the Fire and Ice book or something to do with HBO or worse, a random quote that reflected a doomsday mood.

Just now, Cas Stark said:

His comments from 2014 would suggest the post had nothing to do with Winds being finished....so I am back to the Fire and Ice book or something to do with HBO or worse, a random quote that reflected a doomsday mood.

Hum, I really don't think so. If he were to publish or annouce such a giant book like Fire and Blood, I think the fans would riot once and for all. Besides, in february 2016 he said Winds was the only writing project on his mind (and editing Wild Cards), at least until he is finished with the book.

1 minute ago, Eduardo Aranha said:

Hum, I really don't think so. If he were to publish or annouce such a giant book like Fire and Blood, I think the fans would riot once and for all. Besides, in february 2016 he said Winds was the only writing project on his mind (and editing Wild Cards), at least until he is finished with the book.

He says a lot of things that are not accurate.  But, his 2014 statement was fairly adamant that he wasn't going to play games about the release of Winds.  That blog post is a game.  So, either he is now willing to play games about Winds release, contradicting in the extreme what he has said previously, or the post wasn't about Winds release.

15 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

He says a lot of things that are not accurate.  But, his 2014 statement was fairly adamant that he wasn't going to play games about the release of Winds.  That blog post is a game.  So, either he is now willing to play games about Winds release, contradicting in the extreme what he has said previously, or the post wasn't about Winds release.

Well, I don't see it as a game, but more like the King Kong post for Dance. He made that post... and only a few weeks after confirmed the book was done. I guess he was to wait for some confirmation from his editors before he can say anything about a date or even maybe the conclusion of the manuscript.

Archived