Enigmatic 'Not a Blog' Post: Alas, Valyria

Eduardo Aranha

25 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

His comments from 2014 would suggest the post had nothing to do with Winds being finished....so I am back to the Fire and Ice book or something to do with HBO or worse, a random quote that reflected a doomsday mood.

Honestly, now I don t think it can be about a spinoff because then his mood should be either pos or negative, not enigmatic. And in the tags the shoud be something related related to tv...

In regards to fire and blood, it is more probable... but has many things against it.

1) this is only going to hurt the sales of the book

2) the geyjoy's image doesn t have a connection with fire and blood

3) it would send a really bad mensage to the fans

4) there is no reason for so much mistery about fire and blood... he would even need to find na explanation for the fans about why he has been working on it instead of winds.

20 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

He says a lot of things that are not accurate.  But, his 2014 statement was fairly adamant that he wasn't going to play games about the release of Winds.  That blog post is a game.  So, either he is now willing to play games about Winds release, contradicting in the extreme what he has said previously, or the post wasn't about Winds release.

I believe that he hasn t a set date of release. just like he did with adwd, it is about ending the manuscript.

13 minutes ago, Eduardo Aranha said:

Well, I don't see it as a game, but more like the King Kong post for Dance. He made that post... and only a few weeks after confirmed the book was done. I guess he was to wait for some confirmation from his editors before he can say anything about a date or even maybe the conclusion of the manuscript.

I kinda like that way of thinking.  But I can't fully jump on hype trains anymore.  I'm much too zen and mature for that, HA!! 

38 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOLOL  Hi  how ya doing?  Haven't seen ya in a while. 

I want to go out and stay out!  This excessive heat warning makes your travel plans predicated on going from one well air conditioned room to another.  Ugh, atleast I'll get to see Dunkirk this weekend.

1 hour ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

LOLOL  Hi  how ya doing?  Haven't seen ya in a while.  Nope, won't be checking the "Faux" channel for any type of real information. 

LFD!!! So good to see ya! And lol Faux News! :cheers:

1 hour ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

I want to go out and stay out!  This excessive heat warning makes your travel plans predicated on going from one well air conditioned room to another.  Ugh, atleast I'll get to see Dunkirk this weekend.

LOLOLOL  The effing pool is over 90 degrees as well.  When IS Winter Coming??  Those Winds we are looking for, via Valyria, would be much appreciated about now, eh?

I

21 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

LFD!!! So good to see ya! And lol Faux News! :cheers:

Hey Hey!!  :cheers:

By the way, I loved the Global tour provided by everyone.  Great read. :lmao:

I think @Sour Billy Tipton wins the prize: he's not 'Russian to Finnish'!  At least he's keeping y'all suitably entertained with the game of whether he's playing a game, hellbent on unraveling the meaning of 'enigmatic.'  I think there's something poetic (albeit diabolical) about another book never coming out.  The game could go on indefinitely without resolution -- hope springs eternal, a bit like the question which never goes away 'who is Jon's father?'

At least, I finally understand the meaning of 'Words are Wind' -- it basically means don't take GRRM's word on 'Winds' until it's 'in black and white'!

6 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

I think @Sour Billy Tipton wins the prize: he's not 'Russian to Finnish'!  At least he's keeping y'all suitably entertained with the game of whether he's playing a game, hellbent on unraveling the meaning of 'enigmatic.'  

Thank you, thank you.  It's just one of my many talents that does not earn me any money or attraction from women.

2 minutes ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

Thank you, thank you.  It's just one of my many talents that does not earn me any money or attraction from women.

Well, while you may have on occasion attempted juggling one ball too many, you earned a smile from me!  :)

10 minutes ago, ChildOfTheForest said:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/544231.html

a new post have just arrived.. 

wild cards related post.. as the previous one.

disabled comments again, and his mood is amused.

should i keep going with the hype train?

The more he posts, the less hyped I get. But then I will distance myself from it and my imagination will take me on a trip via the hype train again

2 minutes ago, Lady Char said:

The more he posts, the less hyped I get. But then I will distance myself from it and my imagination will take me on a trip via the hype train again

I think the longer he keeps the comments disabled and without adressing the post the most likelly it is to be related to twow.

If it wasn t related to winds we would say it. There is no point in keeping this mystery about anything else.

1 minute ago, divica said:

I think the longer he keeps the comments disabled and without adressing the post the most likelly it is to be related to twow.

If it wasn t related to winds we would say it. There is no point in keeping this mystery about anything else.

I think there are other likely alternative explanations. That he doesn't want us discussing the show on these posts or because he is switching over to a new platform soon. But when I walk away the more I start to agree that he would have dispelled the rumors by now. I am on board with the theory that he is close to finishing - and we will have our announcement next month. 

5 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

His comments from 2014 would suggest the post had nothing to do with Winds being finished....so I am back to the Fire and Ice book or something to do with HBO or worse, a random quote that reflected a doomsday mood.

But if it's just a random post, why not use the original quote about Babylon?

1 minute ago, Lady Char said:

I think there are other likely alternative explanations. That he doesn't want us discussing the show on these posts or because he is switching over to a new platform soon. But when I walk away the more I start to agree that he would have dispelled the rumors by now. I am on board with the theory that he is close to finishing - and we will have our announcement next month. 

Do people discuss the show on his blog? I admit that the no coments could be related to the plataforma change, but as more days pass without him changing platafoms this hypothesis loses strenght...

I mean his posts have like 20 to 30 comments... And it would be very strange people that go to "song of ice and fire" and "wildcards" posts to discuss the show...

To me at worst it must be an anouncement related to the book... like he will need more books to finish the story (him announcing a release date within less than 30 days is good)

Archived