Enigmatic 'Not a Blog' Post: Alas, Valyria

Eduardo Aranha

10 minutes ago, Lord Freypie said:

I'd say an altruistic gesture in favor of his publishers : giving them something to release before the end of the show, while Martin only will take the blame for the thing not being Twow.

Can you imagine the amount of Money the publishers will make if one of the spin off is about targaryens?

Besides the stupidity of the Alas Valyria post, the only thing I don't get is how you go from 

August 2015: Hey serious publisher guys, I can totally write it in two months

To

July 2017: So, maybe late 2018, but not making promises.

It is honestly mind boggling you have to backtrack a lot. If he could realistically do it in two months two years ago it stands to reason he could do it in two months now, even if he twiddled his thumbs entire time

Just now, Equilibrium said:

Besides the stupidity of the Alas Valyria post, the only thing I don't get is how you go from 

August 2015: Hey serious publisher guys, I can totally write it in two months

To

July 2017: So, maybe late 2018, but not making promises.

It is honestly mind boggling 

true. If we are bothered by all this I can only imagine what his publishers think of grrm. How many release dates have they been promised over the years?

16 minutes ago, Lord Freypie said:

I'd say an altruistic gesture in favor of his publishers : giving them something to release before the end of the show, while Martin only will take the blame for the thing not being Twow.

This.

I think it has been said already. But this isn't an attack on someone doing what they feel like. Nor is it that I thought the Valyria post meant anything about Winds. 

It is his ATTITUDE towards people wanting the ONE STORY that made him his fortune to be his PRIORITY. Not to mention his repeated broken promises to the very people who have been cheering him on from the beginning. And doing so with a bitchy hostility. He knew that post along with the lockout was going to give people hope, but then stands there with the "I don't get why you would get excited" stance. Perhaps it was that this was only "a few months away" two years ago. Or that "nothing from ASoIaF" will come out until Winds. 

Dude is shady. He is not being honest with people who are excited for his work. And instead is just being a jerk to them about it. THIS is why I have issue. Not the fact that it isn't done.

How should he be more specific? How should he elaborate how far or close he is? Should he tell us how many chapters he thinks are finished compared to how many he thinks there should be when complete? I don't think he is devoting more time to any other project than to TWOW, just that it is taking him time to write and weave it together. 

Archived