Enigmatic 'Not a Blog' Post: Alas, Valyria

Eduardo Aranha

1 minute ago, divica said:

Do people discuss the show on his blog? I admit that the no coments could be related to the plataforma change, but as more days pass without him changing platafoms this hypothesis loses strenght...

I mean his posts have like 20 to 30 comments... And it would be very strange people that go to "song of ice and fire" and "wildcards" posts to discuss the show...

To me at worst it must be an anouncement related to the book... like he will need more books to finish the story (him announcing a release date within less than 30 days is good)

Well we don't get to see all the posts that are submitted. He has mentioned filtering out comments before. So I imagine his inbox is full of show talk. 

1 hour ago, divica said:

Do people discuss the show on his blog? I admit that the no coments could be related to the plataforma change, but as more days pass without him changing platafoms this hypothesis loses strenght...

What platform change? I hadn't seen that info before. 

1 hour ago, Lady Char said:

Well we don't get to see all the posts that are submitted. He has mentioned filtering out comments before. So I imagine his inbox is full of show talk. 

That would be fine with me if he filtered out show talk. Did he make comments about filtering out show talk in particular? 

1 hour ago, The Fattest Leech said:

That would be fine with me if he filtered out show talk. Did he make comments about filtering out show talk in particular? 

Someone posted an img from grrm talking about a plataform change. No idea when grrm said that

This is George's revenge.

There he was, happily writing three books with hidden clues that only the most astute readers could discover. Then the internet happened and book nerds converged from all over the world, deciphering the hidden clues in concert and sharing their discoveries. So the next two books George had to make the hidden clues especially difficult to find, while still keeping the books accessible to the masses. This was much harder and it took him much longer to finish these books. Then the TV show debuted, and the ranks of book nerds doubled, no, tripled, no, exponentially exploded. Hordes of book nerds critically analyze every single word in the series, so George has had to up his game for hidden mysteries. He spent the longest time of all writing TWoW, hiding the clues so deep that the hordes of book nerd don't spoil the ending for everyone within a week of its release.

This is George's revenge on us.

We've made the books so much harder for him to write. Now he's trolling us with his enigmatic post, laughing as we wring our hands in frustration, a frustration that's but a small fraction of what he's experienced.

1 hour ago, Victarion Chainbreaker said:

There he was, happily writing three books with hidden clues that only the most astute readers could discover. Then the internet happened and book nerds converged from all over the world, deciphering the hidden clues in concert and sharing their discoveries. So the next two books George had to make the hidden clues especially difficult to find, while still keeping the books accessible to the masses. This was much harder and it took him much longer to finish these books. Then the TV show debuted, and the ranks of book nerds doubled, no, tripled, no, exponentially exploded. Hordes of book nerds critically analyze every single word in the series, so George has had to up his game for hidden mysteries. He spent the longest time of all writing TWoW, hiding the clues so deep that the hordes of book nerd don't spoil the ending for everyone within a week of its release.

We've made the books so much harder for him to write. Now he's trolling us with his enigmatic post, laughing as we wring our hands in frustration, a frustration that's but a small fraction of what he's experienced.

Who you calling book nerd?

5 hours ago, Victarion Chainbreaker said:

I really am starting to think he's trolling, LOL 

17 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I was going to ask the same question. 

16 hours ago, divica said:

Someone posted an img from grrm talking about a plataform change. No idea when grrm said that

6 hours ago, Orso said:

And, I was wondering if this new blog thingy was legit.  A good look at GRRM's twitter page reminds me.  I SWEAR George IS Abner Marsh, in some respects, maybe it's the hat?  And the beard?  LOL

19 hours ago, Sour Billy Tipton said:

I'm not going to get on-board the hype train.  His travels will delay any potential announcement of a completion for at least a month.  We will need clarification before he departs on August 9th, and I'm not hopeful of receiving it.  

P.S. Sorry for being sour.

No need to apologize, that first name of yours.........is bound to shine through once in awhile.  Hang in there, a guy who loves labrador retrievers can't be all bad. 

55 minutes ago, Lady Fevre Dream said:

And..........another, nother post.  Was this one linked, with a tag for 'writing,' too. 

another nother post

Yeah. I saw that one last night and started to listen to it, but then I got sleepy.

@Pretty Pig George does start with some Marvel/comic talk in this interview if you have not listened to it yet. :thumbsup:

Regardless of whatever the hell he is talking about, it is a strange post. I just assumed that with the "alas" that he finished writing some detailed shit about the fall of Valyria. Not that he finished the book or anything

Also, isn't he at San Diego Comic-Con this weekend?

8 hours ago, Victarion Chainbreaker said:

I can actually get on board with this. From reading your post you have in my mind pretty much summed up my thoughts. :smoking:

The more I think about it, the more I think it does relate to Winds. If it were anything else, he would have outright said. He's always vague about TWOW.

I'm sure he'll make it clear when the book is finished. 

Archived