Enigmatic 'Not a Blog' Post: Alas, Valyria

Eduardo Aranha

26 minutes ago, PCK said:

The more I think about it, the more I think it does relate to Winds. If it were anything else, he would have outright said. He's always vague about TWOW.

I'm sure he'll make it clear when the book is finished. 

I am almost certain this is the case, he is aware of the hype by now and he would dispel it if he didn't intend to induce it in the first place.

I am positive he will finish the book and announce it in the next week or two.

New Winds related post on Notablog:

And, yes, I know you all want to know about THE WINDS OF WINTER too. I've seen some truly weird reports about WOW on the internet of late, by 'journalists' who make their stories up out of whole cloth. I don't know which story is more absurd, the one that says the book is finished and I've been sitting on it for some nefarious reason, or the one that says I have no pages. Both 'reports' are equally false and equally moronic. I am still working on it, I am still months away (how many? good question), I still have good days and bad days, and that's all I care to say. Whether WINDS or the first volume of FIRE AND BLOOD will be the first to hit the bookstores is hard to say at this juncture, but I do think you will have a Westeros book from me in 2018... and who knows, maybe two. A boy can dream...

I never bought that it meant an announcement was on the way, but did think it plausible that he was toward the end of the thing.

Not sure that's the case if he expects Fire and Blood in late 2018 or early 2019, but doesn't know whether it or TWOW will be out first.

I took that to indicate Fire and Blood is likely to be moved up to late 2018 if TWOW isn't ready by then, and maybe 2019 if TWOW is ready in 2018. But speculation about this never goes anywhere.

39 minutes ago, Horse of Kent said:

New Winds related post on Notablog:

And, yes, I know you all want to know about THE WINDS OF WINTER too. I've seen some truly weird reports about WOW on the internet of late, by 'journalists' who make their stories up out of whole cloth. I don't know which story is more absurd, the one that says the book is finished and I've been sitting on it for some nefarious reason, or the one that says I have no pages. Both 'reports' are equally false and equally moronic. I am still working on it, I am still months away (how many? good question), I still have good days and bad days, and that's all I care to say. Whether WINDS or the first volume of FIRE AND BLOOD will be the first to hit the bookstores is hard to say at this juncture, but I do think you will have a Westeros book from me in 2018... and who knows, maybe two. A boy can dream...

Trolling: He tagged the post with 'HBO' and 'television and film' along with the others.

Archived