Arya - finally starting her redemption?

On 7/19/2017 at 8:24 AM, Kimbono said:

^This.

To their defense, Arya did only kill when she "wanted" to. She didn't kill the insurance-man (or did she later I'm not even sure, but well he was portrayed as a dick aswell), she didn't kill Lady Crayn. She did kill Meryn Trant (who killed Syrio Forel, was a Lannister-man, helped betray Ned and cause it wasn't enough is a childabuser), she killed the other girl of the HoBaW (but well it was a life or die fight) , she killed the Frey's (who killed Robb, Cait, lot of northern friends). But even in the Frey scene she safes the wive who wasn't involved in this.

So Arya only killed people who "deserved" to die (espiecally from her point of view). Maybe some deaths (Trant) were a bit over the top but we never got the feeling she killed without thinking, or forgot what it means to kill someone.

The problem with her Story ark in my opinion is that the training in the HoBaW makes no sense at all, she fails all her test and still receives the gift (which comes with no disadvantage) to change her appearance in a perfect way. (Changing from a girl to another girl (Trant) when the watcher(Trant) is likely aroused and drunk is one thing but changing to Lord Frey an old dude when the "close" family member probably suspect something could be wrong since u give them a free feast should be another.)

So Arya at this point is extremly "overpowered" , nothing should or could stop her from killing anyone she wants tbh. But since the show showed us that she still has a "human heart" by having mercy (not killing Frey's women and probably not killing the Lannister Soldiers cause they are nice people) she seems quite normal, not traumatized or psycho. (They may say she is, but her actions don't show it <- this is another thing im having problems with, the show frankly tells us what is happening, but not acting the way to show it but whatever).

So for me it would be more interesting if the next episode starts with the Lannister's dead and Arya not even carying about their stories afterwards showing more of an a psychopath she should be at this point.

Well she didn't say much when she was pretending to be walder frey. And with the exception of his wife who was scared to death of him and likely wouldn't have said anything anyway the rest were a good ten feet away at least and expecing to see him and were more then happy to drink. I think once she started on the red wedding stuff it would have given it away that something was wrong since it was so out of character for him.

2 hours ago, Pacala said:

Arya is turned into maniac. she also killed an unknown servant just for the face. i love the parallel between Sandor and Arya. all this time everyone pointed Sandor as monster but now we can rly see whos the beauty and whos the beast. 2 tormented childrens, 2 paths. one on redemption and one on compassion. awasome episode.

Haha yes no one mentions that arya killed that servant. I suppose the serving girl was also just 'evil'. 

8 minutes ago, Robert Baratheon's hammer said:

Haha yes no one mentions that arya killed that servant. I suppose the serving girl was also just 'evil'. 

We don't know she killed the serving girl though. Same as when she posed as that other girl when she killed Meryn Trant. It has been shown before in the show you don't have to necessarily kill someone to take their face, so there is no proof Arya killed either of those two girls.

I was happy with Arya's story-line up until last season. We spend a whole 2 seasons in Bravos where arya is training to become No one and yet at the end she just leaves because she realizes she's still Arya Stark with the Faceless men apparently not caring one bit. No consequences no nothing. Not to mention her being stabbed several times, jumping into a canal and surviving before having a terminator chase scene with a stab wound and killing the waif the next day. While this season she's managed to impersonate Walder and his two sons simultaneously while making poison for INSERT NUMBER of Freys. She really is talented. 

I just feel her character is becoming invincible much like a superhero ( Fireproof Danny ) and things are getting a little predictable. Of late GOT episodes have felt a bit like Marvel movies. 'GOOD VS EVIL'. This seems to have been done to make the show less complicated for the increased viewership.  

TOO MUCH FAN SERVICE.

Archived