Infographic for readers of ASoIaF and The Accursed Kings

roi_de_fer

Hi all,

For those of you who have read The Accursed Kings, here is something to occupy you while you wait for the next episode of GoT:

http://theoriginalgot.com

It's this infographic I made comparing characters in TAK with those in ASoIaF.

If you haven't read TAK, it is a series of historical fiction novels about 13th-14th century France which our beloved George R.R. Martin has repeatedly cited as inspiration for ASoIaF, even going so far as to call it "the original Game of Thrones" (hence the URL above).  Here is what GRRM has to say about it.  It's a great read, and one can't help thinking about parallels with ASoIaF.  

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you think of my site!  Any feedback is much appreciated, and PLEASE let me know if you can think of any connections that I missed!

Thanks!

Sam

• 4 weeks later...

Martin got me into these novels and I have to say they are so good. As a kid I was lucky enough to watch the 2005 adaption on TV with subtitles but wasn't able to get a copy of the DVD much to my frustration. Ever since the books were reprinted in English I have bought them all and I'm now up to the second last one, The Lion and the Lily. I can see where GRRM drew inspiration from Druon's novels because there's just so much in there that reminds me of A Song of Ice and Fire. I particularly see Mahaut as the female version of Tywin and her nephew and sworn enemy Robert of Artois as King Robert, Littlefinger and Tyrion all fused into one person.

Archived