Definitive List of Plot Holes [SPOILERS]

Petyr Targaryen

7 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

only if they come on this forum where we point out all the mistakes they are making!

They called Red Wine 'Arbor Gold' FFS

Here's a plot hole, If Bran can see everything, Why did he need to ask where Jon is?

And another, how did Qyburn find out what kind of poison Ellaria used?

And another, Euron captured Yara and Ellaria/Bad Pussy, then he took them back to KL, had time to walk through the city and all that mess, then he set sail again from KL and was able to catch Grey work off-guard moments after Grey work had taken CR? When Grey Worm had set sail from Dragonstone at the same time as Yara? So whats the deal? Grey Worm ships are the slowest in the world?

Euron could have easily split his fleet into two parts, one set sail to KL, the other half remained at the Pike, so, not a plot hole. Euron was never seen in the scene in which the iron born destroyed the fleet that carried the unsullied. 

7 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Just why couldn't Dany's fleet have a different color sail than Euron's?  I know everyone is dressed in black now and black is the new black, but jesus....something soooo simple would have made that scene of the boats getting sunk so much easier.

The logistics have become so totally fucked I barely even pay attention to them. After all, they sailed right by Dorne while playing parchese instead of doing strategy, landed at dragonstone, which the Lannisters predicted but did nothing, then sailed back to Dorne, all the while Eurone had sailed right by Dany to get to KL, and then sailed down to sink Yara's fleet, sailed back, and then off to CR, LMAO.  And, don't even get me started on Highgarden.

Bran's on an extended acid trip, so he will know or not know things depending on teh plot needs.

What could have the Lannisters have done? They didn't have any ships. They sailed past Dorne initially, because their ships were full, and Dorne is a lousy place to launch an attack from (aka only a few passes through the red mountains). I think Dragonstone and KL are about 200-300 miles apart, so depending on route, it is perceivable both could happen without either seeing one another. 

14 hours ago, YoungGriff89 said:

As for six I'm not saying that in itself is enough to drastically alter the story in Westeros (the Volantenes probably aren't going to invade or anything) I just meant it from the sense that we have been to Volantis in the show more than once already it just seems like for continuity and the sake of world building there would be something no matter how small that alludes to this.

Talisa was important in Robb's storyline, but wasn't important in her own right, so I don't think it's a plot hole that we never saw her family's reaction to her death.

1 hour ago, Tywinelle said:

No, I'm not misunderstanding you.  You are obstinately ignoring the definition of "plot hole".  If you weren't, you wouldn't keep dragging this out.

I'm not dragging anything, I'm just pointing to inconsistency in your post, which you're trying to cover behind some definition, which is strange because "plot hole" is not a scientific term and doesn't depend on strict definitions, and this is not a scientific debate either. But even that's beside the point, because there is no definition of "plot hole" that justifies you're double criteria, sorry to say.

8 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Euron could have easily split his fleet into two parts, one set sail to KL, the other half remained at the Pike, so, not a plot hole. Euron was never seen in the scene in which the iron born destroyed the fleet that carried the unsullied. 

But he didnt do that, we saw specifically Euron's ship in both places, the big one with side sails like McLaren doors. He personally led both attacks.

16 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

Just why couldn't Dany's fleet have a different color sail than Euron's?  I know everyone is dressed in black now and black is the new black, but jesus....something soooo simple would have made that scene of the boats getting sunk so much easier.

The logistics have become so totally fucked I barely even pay attention to them. After all, they sailed right by Dorne while playing parchese instead of doing strategy, landed at dragonstone, which the Lannisters predicted but did nothing, then sailed back to Dorne, all the while Eurone had sailed right by Dany to get to KL, and then sailed down to sink Yara's fleet, sailed back, and then off to CR, LMAO.  And, don't even get me started on Highgarden.

Bran's on an extended acid trip, so he will know or not know things depending on teh plot needs.

lol if you think about Yara/Theon's journeys over the last like 5 episodes it's mind boggling.  They went; 

Pyke>Volantis>Meereen>Dorne>Dragonstone> headed back to Dorne and got attacked. Easily a years worth of travel

7 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

But he didnt do that, we saw specifically Euron's ship in both places, the big one with side sails like McLaren doors. He personally led both attacks.

No, we DIDN'T specifically see Euron's ship, it could have just as easily been a second ship like Euron's. 

In episode 3 Tyrion says that Euron might have fleets in different locations, when Dany suggests trying to fight them with dragons. That is the foreshadowing.

18 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

No, we DIDN'T specifically see Euron's ship, it could have just as easily been a second ship like Euron's. 

In episode 3 Tyrion says that Euron might have fleets in different locations, when Dany suggests trying to fight them with dragons. That is the foreshadowing.

Yes we did, rewatch the scene in episode 3 when Grey Worm looks out from the castle he just took, he looks right at Euron's personal ship, the same one that Boarded Yara's ship.   That's why that Dany scene happened, if they had let her loose on Drogon she could've stopped Euron from taking Grey Worm's fleet. There's no reason to defend the show, it's a completely ridiculous show.

1 hour ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Yes we did, rewatch the scene in episode 3 when Grey Worm looks out from the castle he just took, he looks right at Euron's personal ship, the same one that Boarded Yara's ship.   That's why that Dany scene happened, if they had let her loose on Drogon she could've stopped Euron from taking Grey Worm's fleet. There's no reason to defend the show, it's a completely ridiculous show.

No, No, your wrong. A ship that looks like Euron's ship does not equal Euron was at CR, so stop already. Did we see a scene in which Euron was pictured at CR? No, we did not. If the show wanted to make a point of Euron being at CR, then they would have shown EURON at CR. End of story. Your conclusion that because a ship had side sails, like Euron's ship, that it was indeed Euron, is silly. Quite possibly tht is just a designation of a lead ship in Eurons fleet, of which there could be several. 

Again:

Multiple fleets in different locations, different lead ships for each fleet. 

End of story

3 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

No, No, your wrong. A ship that looks like Euron's ship does not equal Euron was at CR, so stop already. Did we see a scene in which Euron was pictured at CR? No, we did not. If the show wanted to make a point of Euron being at CR, then they would have shown EURON at CR. End of story. Your conclusion that because a ship had side sails, like Euron's ship, that it was indeed Euron, is silly. Quite possibly tht is just a designation of a lead ship in Eurons fleet, of which there could be several. 

Again:

End of story

So your saying the Silence has a sister ship? Plausible i suppose but I reckon its pretty unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Again:

End of story

It was Euron's ship.  That is what the show is showing us, a ship that looks exactly like Euron's ship, the logical conclusion is that it's Euron's ship.  Euron has no 2nd in command on the show, he runs his fleet.

But, don't let me stop you from spending more time trying to plug up the shows plot holes than the showrunners do, LOL.

1 hour ago, Error-504 said:

Again:

End of story

There is only one Silence. (That is Euron's ship in case you didn't know)

And we saw that ship at Casterly Rock. If Silence was at Casterly Rock, then that means Euron was there too.

Because of your discussion about Euron's ship I rewatched the entire scene: DID ANYONE SEE THE WAY LANNISTER SOLDIERS MARCH??? It's not a plot hole, but it's so stupid that it may very well count as one. I'm not an expert on military matters, but it looks to me that no army marches like that into battle, especially not in feudal times. Maybe on a modern day parade, but in battle? No way!

4 hours ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

There is only one Silence. (That is Euron's ship in case you didn't know)

And we saw that ship at Casterly Rock. If Silence was at Casterly Rock, then that means Euron was there too.

Prove that Euron was there..........

And while your doing that, ask him why he is sinking his own ships?

(yara's ships have square sails, all the ships in the CR siege have triangular sails, including the ones on fire and sinking). 

1 hour ago, Error-504 said:

Prove that Euron was there..........

And while your doing that, ask him why he is sinking his own ships?

(yara's ships have square sails, all the ships in the CR siege have triangular sails, including the ones on fire and sinking). 

Prove that he wasn't there, other than "it's just another ship that looks like his." A captain does not relent command of his ship. He is the captain, after all. This is normal in any maritime society, especially the Ironborn.

And why is he sinking his own ships? You could ask the same thing for when he attacks Yara's fleet. Since he's king of the Ironborn, they'd be his ships too. Dany's fleet was made of many different kinds of ships hodgepodged together.

You can clearly see in this pic that the "triangular" and "square" sails made up Dany's fleet: https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2016/06/27/04/GoT-ships.jpg

Are you just being contrarian? 

In addition, Silence is the only ship to have Euron's personal sigil on its sails. That is, it has the standard Greyjoy kraken with a red eye in the middle. None of the other ships under his command have this.

You can clearly see Silence at Casterly Rock:

http://watchersonthewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/703_euron_attacks-0.jpg

How does it feel to be so utterly defeated?

1 hour ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

Prove that he wasn't there, other than "it's just another ship that looks like his." A captain does not relent command of his ship. He is the captain, after all. This is normal in any maritime society, especially the Ironborn.

And why is he sinking his own ships? You could ask the same thing for when he attacks Yara's fleet. Since he's king of the Ironborn, they'd be his ships too. Dany's fleet was made of many different kinds of ships hodgepodged together.

You can clearly see in this pic that the "triangular" and "square" sails made up Dany's fleet: https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2016/06/27/04/GoT-ships.jpg

In addition, Silence is the only ship to have Euron's personal sigil on its sails. That is, it has the standard Greyjoy kraken with a red eye in the middle. None of the other ships under his command have this.

The proof is in the fact he can't be in two places at the same time. The proff is in the fact the scene never showed Euron himself, in that battle sequence, because, well he was at KL. 

1 hour ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

this was Yara's fleet.........

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/07/game-of-thrones-how-did-euron-find-yara-sand-snakes-iron-fleet-attack-is-yara-deadhttps://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/07/game-of-thrones-how-did-euron-find-yara-sand-snakes-iron-fleet-attack-is-yara-dead

DOH!

21 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

The proof is in the fact he can't be in two places at the same time. The proff is in the fact the scene never showed Euron himself, in that battle sequence, because, well he was at KL. 

Who says it was during the same time? You still haven't acknowledged any of the points I proved you wrong on.

Using your logic from a few posts of yours above, just because it looks like an Ironborn fleet, doesn't mean it is. You don't see any Ironborn during that scene so it could've been anyone!

Jokes aside, onto the next point.

18 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

The pictures I linked clearly show the distinction between ships. I don't think you took the time to look at them. In one, you see Dany's fleet with a mix of square sails and triangular sails.

In the other, you see Silence take on a portion of Dany's fleet, emblazoned with the Targaryen sigil at Caster Rock. Your own link specifically states that Euron's ship is distinctively his. 

Euron—outside his own terrifying galley, Silence—prefers support ships

So that would mean there are no other ships like Silence in his fleet since its made up of support ships, outside of his own that is. And what was it that you said above?

9 hours ago, Error-504 said:

Guess that's been proven wrong.

Archived