Definitive List of Plot Holes [SPOILERS]

Petyr Targaryen

Jon being on the northern side of the wall after Hardhome is a definitive plothole imho.

I mean, there are some ways to explain this (more or less believeable), but we are given absolutely none of them. So it just makes no sense why he wouldn't sail to Eastwatch and go back to CB on the southern side of the wall.

5 hours ago, Rhollo said:

after Hardhome

Talking about Hardhome, how did Wun Wun came to Eastwatch? Did he swim? Because none of the ships we see could carry such a bulky and heavy load without capsizing or at least being handicapped to the point of not being able to sail…

7 hours ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

Who says it was during the same time? You still haven't acknowledged any of the points I proved you wrong on.

Using your logic from a few posts of yours above, just because it looks like an Ironborn fleet, doesn't mean it is. You don't see any Ironborn during that scene so it could've been anyone!

Jokes aside, onto the next point.

The pictures I linked clearly show the distinction between ships. I don't think you took the time to look at them. In one, you see Dany's fleet with a mix of square sails and triangular sails.

In the other, you see Silence take on a portion of Dany's fleet, emblazoned with the Targaryen sigil at Caster Rock. Your own link specifically states that Euron's ship is distinctively his. 

So that would mean there are no other ships like Silence in his fleet since its made up of support ships, outside of his own that is. And what was it that you said above?

Guess that's been proven wrong.

LOL, keep trying. You have yet to prove anything, other than the fact a ship that looks like Euron's was at Casterly Rock, anything other than that is just pure speculation on your part. To add to this, I never specifically said it wasn't the silence, rather, it could just be a nearly identical ship (that is what quite possibly means).

Another possibility is, it was the Silence, however, Euron wasn't on board. This is still somewhat unlikely, but it depends on just where the battle against Yara's ships took place (near Dornish Southern coast perhaps). I doubt that Euron would do that, (transfer to another ship to deliver Yara and the SS's), but it is possible. 

So, you have not proven anything, only offered a countering opinion. Proof is beyond a reasonable doubt, and until you offer conclusive proof that Euron himself was at the siege at CR, you have done nothing. Euron's fleet has 1,000 ships, it doesn't make any sense at all, to assume they are all in one location at any one given time.  It would be incredibly stupid to do so, so when you come to that realization, acknowledging that there would be someone in charge of the fleet not connected to Euron's group is only common sense. 

^^^^ literally makes zero sense.

So in your effort to defend D&D you are saying that A ship identical to Euron's (with the red eye on it) sailed to Casterly Rock and attacked Dany's fleet. That Euron was not there, someone else was captaining his ship (or identical ship) and you offer zero proof, even though several ppl have clearly explained it to you? It's ok to be wrong, we all do it.

Dude you literally posted a link that proved you wrong, lol

On 8/4/2017 at 11:14 AM, Suzanna Stormborn said:

^^^^ literally makes zero sense.

So in your effort to defend D&D you are saying that A ship identical to Euron's (with the red eye on it) sailed to Casterly Rock and attacked Dany's fleet. That Euron was not there, someone else was captaining his ship (or identical ship) and you offer zero proof, even though several ppl have clearly explained it to you? It's ok to be wrong, we all do it.

Dude you literally posted a link that proved you wrong, lol

I am saying Euron split his fleet, with roughly half remaining at the Pyke (which is close to Casterly rock) and the other half set sail to KL. The splitting of his ships was foreshadowed by Tyrion in the scene JUST PRIOR to the Casterly rock scene (could it have been anymore obvious, I mean, come on!). 

Euron's Fleet = 1,000 ships

Dany's fleet = 300-400 ships

Do the math. Dany would have had to split her fleet, quite possibly in thirds with part of them taking the unsullied to Casterly rock, and another portion with Yara and Theon traveling to Sunspear. Assuming Yara is tasked with a fleet of 100 ships give or take, of which most are lightly manned (they are after all going to pickup troops, makes no sense for them to be full)

Then you have another group of ships ferrying the unsullied to CR (maybe 50-75 ships), and a portion still left at dragonstone (otherwise the Dothraki and the remainder of Dany's forces are now land bound on Dragonstone). 

Why on god's green Earth would Euron take the whole of his fleet (1,000 ships) to battle Yara? Your depiction of events is ludicrous. That would be like Dany sending her whole fleet to take out CR, Unsullied, dothraki, et all. Splitting his fleet (again, as was FORESHADOWED!) was logical, and strategic. Not sure why you can't seem to grasp that concept. Yet your so stuck on the fact that one 30 second blip showed a ship that looked like the silence, aka Euron was there (as per you and others).

If the show wanted to make a point of Euron being at Casterly rock, well, they would have shown EURON, not just a ship that looks like his. They were however tasked with showing that it was indeed the Ironborn destroying the unsullied fleet, so they opted to show a sister ship to the silence (after all, as you pointed out, Yara's and Eurons ship look almost identical, maybe they thought without showing a ship that looked like the silence, viewers would not be sure what they were seeing?. 

Wholly Molly, batman, would have it been really that hard for the Ironborn to build a sister ship to the silence? 

1 hour ago, Error-504 said:

I am saying Euron split his fleet, with roughly half remaining at the Pyke (which is close to Casterly rock) and the other half set sail to KL. The splitting of his ships was foreshadowed by Tyrion in the scene JUST PRIOR to the Casterly rock scene (could it have been anymore obvious, I mean, come on!). 

Euron's Fleet = 1,000 ships

Dany's fleet = 300-400 ships

Do the math. Dany would have had to split her fleet, quite possibly in thirds with part of them taking the unsullied to Casterly rock, and another portion with Yara and Theon traveling to Sunspear. Assuming Yara is tasked with a fleet of 100 ships give or take, of which most are lightly manned (they are after all going to pickup troops, makes no sense for them to be full)

Then you have another group of ships ferrying the unsullied to CR (maybe 50-75 ships), and a portion still left at Dragonstone (otherwise the Dothraki and the remainder of Dany's forces are now land bound on Dragonstone). 

Why on god's green Earth would Euron take the whole of his fleet (1,000 ships) to battle Yara? Your depiction of events is ludicrous. That would be like Dany sending her whole fleet to take out CR, Unsullied, dothraki, et all. Splitting his fleet (again, as was FORESHADOWED!) was logical, and strategic. Not sure why you can't seem to grasp that concept. Yet your so stuck on the fact that one 30 second blip showing a ship that looked like the silence, aka Euron was there (as per you and others).

If the show wanted to make a point of Euron being at Casterly rock, well, they would have shown EURON, not just a ship that looks like his. They were however tasked with showing that it was indeed the Ironborn destroying the unsullied fleet, so they opted to show a sister ship to the silence (after all, as you pointed out, Yara's and Eurons ship look almost identical, maybe they thought without showing a ship that looked like the silence, viewers would not be sure what they were seeing)?. 

Wholly Molly, batman, would have it been really that hard for the Ironborn to build a sister ship to the silence? 

59 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

That wouldn't make sense. Euron's ship must be identifiable at first glance (it is in the books), not only for the other IB sailors, but for the show spectators as well. It's a TV show trope.

11 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

That wouldn't make sense. Euron's ship must be identifiable at first glance (it is in the books), not only for the other IB sailors, but for the show spectators as well. It's a TV show trope.

There is a difference between a plot hole and a deviation from the books. As this is the: 

Game of Thrones: The HBO TV Series  forum

• We are strictly talking about the show, not how things are portrayed in the books. As such, any argument that contains "that is not how it is in the books", while interesting, is deserving of it's own thread. We all know there are literally hundreds of deviations, so that argument is quite pointless.
  • Furthermore, having a sister ship (or two) and having people believe there is only one silence, would add to the Mystique and fear of Euron, as he could appear to be traveling at speeds unfathomable, popping up out of nowhere, when in reality it is only his twin, so to speak. 

5 hours ago, Error-504 said:

There is a difference between a plot hole and a deviation from the books. As this is the: 

Game of Thrones: The HBO TV Series  forum

Oh really? Don't be condescending please.

Where did I mention a deviation from the books? Delete the “as it is in the Books” part in post, what does it change? We're talking about TV show trope/convention

6 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Oh really? Don't be condescending please.

Where did I mention a deviation from the books? Delete the “as it is in the Books” part in post, what does it change? We're talking about TV show trope/convention

Seriously?

Seriously?

What part of "Delete the “as it is in the Books” part in my post" don't you understand, exactly?

Anyway don't bother to answer; this conversation is over as far as I'm concerned. I will not feed the troll.

On 04/08/2017 at 3:36 PM, Rhollo said:

Jon being on the northern side of the wall after Hardhome is a definitive plothole imho.

I mean, there are some ways to explain this (more or less believeable), but we are given absolutely none of them. So it just makes no sense why he wouldn't sail to Eastwatch and go back to CB on the southern side of the wall.

I can't think of any believable ways to explain the return to CB on the north side of the wall.

Not sure why Cersei has not called in for the help of little finger and his huge vale army.... literally last season she discussed with him if he would help her or not when war started and he agreed to if she made him warden of the north once he took out the boltons or stannis...... so she knows he commands the vale

Yet this season when they are speaking of allies to bring in that they very much need she only calls in Euron.... as if forgot about LF who she just had a talk with who controls a huge army

Also lets not forget this Frey plot hole...... yes Arya killed all the main lords and direct family members of house frey...... well house Frey still has a HUGE army. and tons of soldiers in it. the show almost acted as if arya killed their whole army buy giving 30 guys poison

edit- meant to post this in the other other thread. ignore

4 hours ago, Jadakiss said:

Not sure why Cersei has not called in for the help of little finger and his huge vale army.... literally last season she discussed with him if he would help her or not when war started and he agreed to if she made him warden of the north once he took out the boltons or stannis...... so she knows he commands the vale

Yet this season when they are speaking of allies to bring in that they very much need she only calls in Euron.... as if forgot about LF who she just had a talk with who controls a huge army

Also lets not forget this Frey plot hole...... yes Arya killed all the main lords and direct family members of house frey...... well house Frey still has a HUGE army. and tons of soldiers in it. the show almost acted as if arya killed their whole army buy giving 30 guys poison

edit- meant to post this in the other other thread. ignore

I think there are a lot of leaderless forces out there, waiting for the right person to come along and recruit them to help fight against the NK and his forces..............

19 hours ago, Error-504 said:

I think there are a lot of leaderless forces out there, waiting for the right person to come along and recruit them to help fight against the NK and his forces..............

And that's what people usually describe as a plot hole. Unless you think that leaderless armies wandering around in the middle of war zone is somehow realistic or explainable.

4 hours ago, StepStark said:

And that's what people usually describe as a plot hole. Unless you think that leaderless armies wandering around in the middle of war zone is somehow realistic or explainable.

Seriously? That's not a plot hole, not in the least, I never said they were wandering around, where did I post that? I am sure they simply went home to their day jobs (farmers, blacksmiths, shop keepers, etc etc). 

Seriously? That's not a plot hole, not in the least, I never said they were wandering around, where did I post that? I am sure they simply went home to their day jobs (farmers, blacksmiths, shop keepers, etc etc). 

I'm sure that D&D completely forgot about them.

15 hours ago, StepStark said:

I'm sure that D&D completely forgot about them.

Lol yes, 

just like last episode.  On the 'last week on' they showed scenes from Season 1, where LF tells Caitlyn that the dagger belonged to Tyrion. then in the actual show, Bran asks LF 'who owned the dagger' and he says 'I dont know'.....

Like Jesus Christ dude!

3 hours ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Lol yes, 

just like last episode.  On the 'last week on' they showed scenes from Season 1, where LF tells Caitlyn that the dagger belonged to Tyrion. then in the actual show, Bran asks LF 'who owned the dagger' and he says 'I dont know'.....

Like Jesus Christ dude!

Caitlyn was dead, Jon snow was currently with Tyrion, and Sansa knows that it was not in Tyrions nature to try to kill Brann, so what point would saying the dagger belonged to Tyrion do in that scene? And honestly I took Brann's question more along the lines of "who was the original owner". 

Archived