Definitive List of Plot Holes [SPOILERS]

Petyr Targaryen

19 minutes ago, Error-504 said:

Caitlyn was dead, Jon snow was currently with Tyrion, and Sansa knows that it was not in Tyrions nature to try to kill Brann, so what point would saying the dagger belonged to Tyrion do in that scene? And honestly I took Brann's question more along the lines of "who was the original owner". 

or it was bad, careless, forgetful writing just like the previous 4 seasons

also, this is a plot holes thread, not a 'defend the terrible showmakers' thread

19 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

or it was bad, careless, forgetful writing just like the previous 4 seasons

also, this is a plot holes thread, not a 'defend the terrible showmakers' thread

LOL right?  Sometimes the forgetfulness is mind boggling....one has to wonder what kind of stupid pills LF has been taking to give Bran the dagger that he's on record saying is his anyway....and they lie about it to to BranBot, he's literally begging to be killed.  

They could have just omitted the question and written the scene slightly differently so we didn't have LF telling a stupid lie he should know better than to tell to an omnipotent being.  But then, he only is giving the dagger to Bran so it can get into the hands of Mystique Stark, who against all of my predictions, is apparently going to kill Cersei....as Arya killingCersei has been mentioned now more times than Brienne said she was going to kill Stannis.  So after she slits LF throat with his former dagger, she's somehow going to end up back South wearing the Romulan maid's face and kill Cersei with it.  I predict.

14 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

LOL right?  Sometimes the forgetfulness is mind boggling....one has to wonder what kind of stupid pills LF has been taking to give Bran the dagger that he's on record saying is his anyway....and they lie about it to to BranBot, he's literally begging to be killed.  

They could have just omitted the question and written the scene slightly differently so we didn't have LF telling a stupid lie he should know better than to tell to an omnipotent being.  But then, he only is giving the dagger to Bran so it can get into the hands of Mystique Stark, who against all of my predictions, is apparently going to kill Cersei....as Arya killingCersei has been mentioned now more times than Brienne said she was going to kill Stannis.  So after she slits LF throat with his former dagger, she's somehow going to end up back South wearing the Romulan maid's face and kill Cersei with it.  I predict.

hahaha, love your descriptions

11 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I don't think this is plot hole for the simple reason that I believe every word that comes out of Littlefinger;s mouth is a lie any way.

Well yes it was definitely a lie, but to no purpose, it is well known whose dagger it was now, Sansa has absolutely heard the story.  But the main reason it is stupid is that Bran knows everything! he knows LF is lying, so why did he even ask to begin with? (also stupid)

I'm just pointing out that HBO showed scenes of LF stating it was Tyrion's from Season 1, then they show him saying he 'doesn't know whose it is' then he says 'I want to help you anyway I can'.  I mean yeah he's a liar but he's not stupid, he must see that he is in a dangerous position just being in WF, and to go around constantly lying to everyone he talks to? especially Professor Charles Bran Xavier( lol did yall notice that the maester literally just invented wheelchairs?)?! bad idea!

But I also think D&D are so dumb they didnt even realize they are showing old scenes contradicting the current plots and scenes

There is no contradiction of the scene. LF had reason to tell it was Tyrion was to fuels his plan for the Starks to go to war with the Lannisters. None of the Starks really knew Tyrion at the time as well. His statement of Tyrion and the dagger was a lie itself. Telling Bran the samething serves no purpose now.

It may not be a plot hole, but if not a plot hole then it's really lazy writing.

Why would LF change his story to Bran?  No reason.  Why not stick with the story you told his mother and Sir Rodrik, who made it back to WF while Bran was still there?  No reason.  Why is LF even giving the dagger to Bran in the first place?  No reason.  

No in story reason that is, the reason is so there can be another badass aha moment when Bran will finally reveal that LF is a liar!!!!!  Who knew except everyone?!!!  And that LF helped destroy their family and father!!!   And then Mystique Stark will kill him with the very same dagger so the Internet goes wild......

So Lazy.

29 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

It may not be a plot hole, but if not a plot hole then it's really lazy writing.

Why would LF change his story to Bran?  No reason.  Why not stick with the story you told his mother and Sir Rodrik, who made it back to WF while Bran was still there?  No reason.  Why is LF even giving the dagger to Bran in the first place?  No reason.  

No in story reason that is, the reason is so there can be another badass aha moment when Bran will finally reveal that LF is a liar!!!!!  Who knew except everyone?!!!  And that LF helped destroy their family and father!!!   And then Mystique Stark will kill him with the very same dagger so the Internet goes wild......

So Lazy.

There is such a need to state everything is bad writing.

Whom is going to believe LittleFinger? Jon? Sansa? He is going to incriminate himself by stating it is Tyrion.

We have nothing on Rodrick telling Bran about what Littlefinger said. 

Littlefinger call Bran Lord Stark so he is viewing him in terms of political use and look to ingratiate himself.

The dagger was in the book Sam was looking so it could have use against the Walkers.

There are several ways LF will be find it.

In the end does not really for it is always going to be called bad and lazy writing.

4 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

Whom is going to believe LittleFinger? Jon? Sansa? He is going to incriminate himself by stating it is Tyrion.

Littlefinger call Bran Lord Stark so he is viewing him in terms of political use and look to ingratiate himself.

The dagger was in the book Sam was looking so it could have use against the Walkers.

There are several ways LF will be find it.

In the end does not really for it is always going to be called bad and lazy writing.

If no one is going to believe LF, then why doesn't he just keep the dagger himself, instead of creating a platform to raise all of those past issues?

36 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

So Lazy.

Right, this is my issue with it. If everyone knows, including Bran then it makes zero sense for LF to lie to him while at the same time saying 'I'd do anything for you'.

Why did Bran even ask the question?

It's a plot hole because how could Bran possibly not know the answer already? his whole family knows and he has powers and 'sees everything'. Like you said, none of it has any reason behind it, except as a vehicle to give the dagger to Arya.

It's stupid for the same reason the dragonglass thing is stupid, it was told to main characters seasons ago then forgotten about

13 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

Littlefinger call Bran Lord Stark so he is viewing 

DO you think that Arya knows Rickon is dead? We never saw that conversation, but must assume it has happened off screen.

Just now, Suzanna Stormborn said:

DO you think that Arya knows Rickon is dead? We never saw that conversation, but must assume it has happened off screen.

Rickon was placed in the Crypt at the end of Season 6 so she could of seen it when she went down.

The silence Sansa gave after mentioning Bran home could signify that Rickon did not make it home.

Yes it would of been nice for some mention.

11 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

The first thing you would ask your sibling would be about the rest of the family.  Even if we assume that Arya heard/knew that Bran and Rickon were killed by Theon...Sansa's mention of Bran being at WF should have elicited a response about Rickon or Sansa should have said Bran is back also, Rickon was killed by the Boltons.  

Leaving your dead brother for a later conversation is ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

Right, this is my issue with it. If everyone knows, including Bran then it makes zero sense for LF to lie to him while at the same time saying 'I'd do anything for you'.

Why did Bran even ask the question?

It's a plot hole because how could Bran possibly not know the answer already? his whole family knows and he has powers and 'sees everything'. Like you said, none of it has any reason behind it, except as a vehicle to give the dagger to Arya.

It's stupid for the same reason the dragonglass thing is stupid, it was told to main characters seasons ago then forgotten about

Since we saw the dagger in the book Bran could of reference the original owner and ask if LF understand it's real significence. 

Bran stated he does not have full control. He is getting everything and it is coming garbled with flashes he and there.

Dragonglass was told to Sam from Stannis. It was hidden and Sam may not of understood how massive the amount of Dragonglass was. Stannis reminded Sam of his father in some ways and his nerves got in the way of him fully understanding. Stannis encourging words were not stated till the end of their conversation.

11 minutes ago, Nowy Tends said:

Doran Martell had a wheelchair in S5 — the southron model, which looks much more confortable…B)

HA!!! more stupidity on the show! they forgot they had Doran in a wheelchair!! Then act like it was just invented for Bran, lol omg, are these two just huge stoners or what? Cant remember their own mess.

10 minutes ago, Suzanna Stormborn said:

HA!!! more stupidity on the show! they forgot they had Doran in a wheelchair!! Then act like it was just invented for Bran, lol omg, are these two just huge stoners or what? Cant remember their own mess.

I'm pretty sure that that is precisely the case. We're not really dealing with two geniuses here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/08/2017 at 4:55 AM, Suzanna Stormborn said:

I'm pretty sure Bran said that the maester made the wheelchair, not that he invented it.  I don't have a problem with them having things in the south that aren't common in the north, and vice versa.  It's actually logical that the harsher and poorer north has a less sophisticated culture and fewer creature comforts than the south.

On 08/08/2017 at 0:12 AM, Jadakiss said:

Not sure why Cersei has not called in for the help of little finger and his huge vale army.... literally last season she discussed with him if he would help her or not when war started and he agreed to if she made him warden of the north once he took out the boltons or stannis...... so she knows he commands the vale

Yet this season when they are speaking of allies to bring in that they very much need she only calls in Euron.... as if forgot about LF who she just had a talk with who controls a huge army

Because Littlefinger has officially declared for house Stark.  Sansa said so to Arya when Bran gave her the dagger.

I think a big plot hole is "What happened to the mountain clans Tyrion armed in Season 1?"

He promised them the Vale of Arryn.  He gave them superior weapons and armor.  With the army of the Vale in the North right now, this would be a prime time for them to attack and devastate that kingdom.

How did Brienne and Littlefinger just walk through the High Road without being massacred?  To me, this hole is huge.

39 minutes ago, Euron's Mom said:

I think a big plot hole is "What happened to the mountain clans Tyrion armed in Season 1?"

He promised them the Vale of Arryn.  He gave them superior weapons and armor.  With the army of the Vale in the North right now, this would be a prime time for them to attack and devastate that kingdom.

How did Brienne and Littlefinger just walk through the High Road without being massacred?  To me, this hole is huge.

And if they didn't attack Littlefinger as he left the Vale, they have had the perfect opportunity to take over the Vale with the lords and army away from the Vale all this time.

Archived