Euron's gift [Spoilers]

Brad Stark

Euron told Cersei he would bring a priceless gift to the most beautiful woman in the world.

Many people assume he will give Cersei the dragonbinder horn from the books.  Other people think it will be the head of an enemy. 

My theory is Cersei is not the recipient,  Dany is the most beautiful woman and his intended bride.  Cersei will be the gift.  Did anyone else get this impression?

8 hours ago, Brad Stark said:

My theory is Cersei is not the recipient,  Dany is the most beautiful woman and his intended bride.  Cersei will be the gift.  Did anyone else get this impression?

Me :-)

But to hand over Cersei, he needs to gain her trust first so that she lowers her guard around him, which is why needs a gift for Cersei, too.

I don't think he wants to marry Dany, since she's in cahoots with Yara and Theon and the whole point of the focus on the naval fleet is for them to have an "armada-off".

He's meant to be the villain, after Joffrey and Ramsay, and to get some credibility to Cersei's strength, otherwise, it would be too easy for Dany (it should be, anyway, but, as they say, the show must go on).

As for the gift itself...Tyrion is the first choice, since it's an old arc of Cersei's, and also since they went on about brother killing.

On the other hand...does Euron know of Cersei's visceral hate for his little brother? With that in mind, a dragon would be a much simpler explanation. Especially for a book reader, who knows that in the book version, Euron is bent on drogonbinding.

A much simpler gift would have been something on the likes of "well, I will sink Dany's fleet, before they get to Westeros" (thus, before they can take shelter and plan an attack), or "i will fortify or ambush Dragonstone".

19 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

Are show leaks allowed, if I put them in the spoilers? 

As far as I know, no show leaks are proven to be actual - so I don't think it would ever hurt to write I heard that xxxx, as it is all ultimately conjecture anyway, so long as it is in a thread that is open to spoilers.

For instance, I heard that Euron takes Asha/Yara to Cersie  It would be excellent if Euron double crossed Cersie and took her to Dany after getting her on side but I'm of a mind Jamie will ultimately strangle Cersie - which doesn't seem likely if she is Dany's prisoner.

My guess would be the show isn't doing the dragonbinder stuff.  They've completely changed up Euron's character from evil pirate warlock to evil Pacey from Dawson's Creek.  I'm not complaining about it too much- Although I would have really enjoyed a Euron with an eye patch, blue lips, and all kinds of insane magical stuff going on.  

Since they've changed up the character like this, I'm guessing they're just cutting out Dragonbinder and any magical elements.  He is probably referring to someone from Dany's crew, including Dany, Tyrion, Ellaria, Olenna, Sandsnakes, etc.  My guess would be Ellaria makes the most sense as Tyrion is too important and the Sandsnakes are too unimportant.  

to think that such plot twist will come out at this heights? no.. theres 2 main allliances this season, Dany/Jon and Euron/Cersei.. the first because they need each other, dany needs support from within the kingdom and jon needs the dragonglass, and the three dragons wouldnt hurt.. the second because they´re both whitout any possible ally, Cersei pretty much literally burned all the bridges and euron, well... he is euron

8 hours ago, ummester said:

As far as I know, no show leaks are proven to be actual - so I don't think it would ever hurt to write I heard that xxxx, as it is all ultimately conjecture anyway, so long as it is in a thread that is open to spoilers.

For instance, I heard that Euron takes Asha/Yara to Cersie  It would be excellent if Euron double crossed Cersie and took her to Dany after getting her on side but I'm of a mind Jamie will ultimately strangle Cersie - which doesn't seem likely if she is Dany's prisoner.

Eh, you may have heard from me, before I realized that I might have let out something I shouldn't have. So, just in case:

Spoiler

There was a scene with Euron riding a horse in KL and dragging along Yara with a noose round her neck, and they spoke there about Ellaria and Tyenne. Makes sense, given that in the trailer, Yara and Ellaria seem very close.

2 hours ago, HoodedCrow said:

Ellaria killed Myrcella, in Show. She would make a good gift for Cersei.

Yep :-)

I dont think it's dragonbinder.  If it was he'd have had it with him.

i dont think it is Tyrion because he'd have to defeat Daenerys.

i think it's a dragon or dragons, because he supposedly has the binder, and that gift is priceless considering state of affairs.

9 hours ago, ummester said:

When it is photos from the set tho...  Not to mention that they all turned out to be correct last year.

15 minutes ago, ser poopypants said:

If Euron (on the show) could bind a dragon why would he give it to Cersei or need to ally with her?

Because ultimately he needs alliances, and has none.

He is not giving it to Cersei.  He is bringing dowry to marriage.

Even Daenerys is counting on alliances of old to support her.  That's why they sent Varys.  Dragons cant kill everone!

My two cents are on - 

Spoiler

the body/head of Ellaria.  I do not think a single sand snake or even several would be a grand enough gift.  Ellaria's head however would do just fine since it would serve as justice for Myrcella and Cersei appreciates direct action. 

22 hours ago, Brad Stark said:

Euron told Cersei he would bring a priceless gift to the most beautiful woman in the world.

Many people assume he will give Cersei the dragonbinder horn from the books.  Other people think it will be the head of an enemy. 

His niece and nephew.  Euron's gift = Theon, Yara, Ellaria, S/Snakes, and Queen of Thorns.  I don't want the Queen of Thorns to die.  I like her a lot.  I like Theon too but it looks like he gets away from his uncle. 

Everybody who has read the books know that Euron's gifts are poisioned. 

Cersei is out of her league while dealing with Euron. I wouldn't be surprised if Euron ends up betraying Cersei. It is entirely within his character. The man murdered his brother and king......why would a man like that be loyal to Cersei?

1 hour ago, E.S. Dinah said:

His niece and nephew.  Euron's gift = Theon, Yara, Ellaria, S/Snakes, and Queen of Thorns.  I don't want the Queen of Thorns to die.  I like her a lot.  I like Theon too but it looks like he gets away from his uncle. 

There's no way he captures them all. That would absolutely terrible writing. 

Archived