Euron's gift [Spoilers]

Brad Stark

Its Ellaria/Yara, Cersei its hellbent in a revenge crusade against well.. Everyone that she thinks its or was an enemy, she wants revenge amd euron knows it, ehat bette gift than the woman who killed myrcella, her only daughter, THAT its  priceless to cersei

53 minutes ago, HoodedCrow said:

Very crackpot theory for your enjoyment. Euron brings Cersei undead Tommen who strangles her, as he is the little brother.

Lol, that would be most enjoyable, but I'm afraid that ship has sailed, ah, sorry, that corpse has been buried.

Ygrain, true Tommen appears, sadly, to be dead and done, but in this world, you never know for sure!

Also, if Euron has captured Yara, and Cersei does something to her, perhaps Theon could rescue or avenge her with his remaining dexterity. Theon is a little brother.

Really it still seems it could be Jaime's job and a response to Brienne or Tyrions death.

Arya is still a front runner, as the Nemesis character who can wear a dead persons face, at present.

On 7/19/2017 at 7:52 AM, Holly Macaroni said:

I don't think he wants to marry Dany, since she's in cahoots with Yara and Theon and the whole point of the focus on the naval fleet is for them to have an "armada-off".

He's meant to be the villain, after Joffrey and Ramsay, and to get some credibility to Cersei's strength, otherwise, it would be too easy for Dany (it should be, anyway, but, as they say, the show must go on).

As for the gift itself...Tyrion is the first choice, since it's an old arc of Cersei's, and also since they went on about brother killing.

On the other hand...does Euron know of Cersei's visceral hate for his little brother? With that in mind, a dragon would be a much simpler explanation. Especially for a book reader, who knows that in the book version, Euron is bent on drogonbinding.

A much simpler gift would have been something on the likes of "well, I will sink Dany's fleet, before they get to Westeros" (thus, before they can take shelter and plan an attack), or "i will fortify or ambush Dragonstone".

I am betting that it will be the sandsnakes. That would at least take dorne out of the fight temporarily while they find a new leader and they killed cersei's daughter. Also he would know that she hated tyrion (though not the whole thing) because he killed their father and as far as most of the seven kingdoms know he killed joffrey as well.

1 minute ago, snow is the man said:

I am betting that it will be the sandsnakes. That would at least take dorne out of the fight temporarily while they find a new leader and they killed cersei's daughter. Also he would know that she hated tyrion (though not the whole thing) because he killed their father and as far as most of the seven kingdoms know he killed joffrey as well.

Yes I think he made a comment even about family members committing treason against them (meaning he and Cersei).  I would think he was referring to Tyrion there so he knows.  

On 7/19/2017 at 7:51 AM, Ygrain said:

I genuinely skipped over AFFC so I don't recall much about the dragon binder horn... I thought Euron had an egg.

Like a lot of the other posters, I don't think the horn will be the gift. I agree in that I think the majority of the magical elements have been removed from the show. I do, however, think an egg is a strong possibility simply because we've seen them already and Dany has no real challenge at this point. I think it makes sense to see a dragon born on the "evil" (or as evil as ASOIAF can be) side.

However, I think Euron will be Cersei's undoing. He's too cocky and too crazy. She's also gone a little loopy and I think it's just straight up time someone got the best of her. I don't think he intends to give HER squat. I think he's going to be the one that plays her.

17 hours ago, snow is the man said:

yeah, the leaks seem to indicate it.

IMO that'd be a disappointment.

I mean, him catching Tyrion, a main character, and Dany's hand, or a f****ing dragon...that'd be amazing, put us invested in the story for its greatness, and put Euron in a high villain/fear pedestal.

Catching the sandsnakes wouldn't have that much impact to the viewers...in my case, my immediate thought was that I could live without a conflict between sandsnakes and a villain whom hasn't given any reason for us to care about him thus far.

My first impression when I watched the episode the first time was that he was referring to the horn.  However, yes, it is true that this hasn't featured in the show so far.  Still if the leaks that were doing the rounds a few months ago are correct and the WW's end up with an ice dragon then it could be because him and Cersei try to control one and something goes dramatically wrong (which would not surprise me).

Tyrion yes, especially as he is strongly hinted at in that conversation but I do not think for a moment that Euron will manage to capture him, let alone kill him.  I would find it totally anti-climatic and I don't think George would be terribly happy with that ending either lol

Sandsnakes, Ellaria, Olleana etc I guess he could try but still I don't think this would be enough for Cersei...  I think, however, that he is likely to capture either Yara or Theon or both...

Now, I am not totally clear on what Euron is trying to achieve.  Okay, she has crowned herself Queen but aside from having UnGregor her value at present is rather limited.  Looks like she would be gaining more from that alliance that he would and I am not sure if I buy that he is doing it all for lust either but we shall see...

19 hours ago, Ygrain said:

Er, sorry, but I never wrote the text that supposed to be a quote of me!

I don't know how to undo that. Whenever I tried to respond it was like stuck on quoting you. I even went back out of the forum and came back in and every time I tried to reply it was attaching a quote to you. I'm sorry, :(.

On 7/19/2017 at 3:44 AM, Brad Stark said:

Euron told Cersei he would bring a priceless gift to the most beautiful woman in the world.

Many people assume he will give Cersei the dragonbinder horn from the books.  Other people think it will be the head of an enemy. 

My theory is Cersei is not the recipient,  Dany is the most beautiful woman and his intended bride.  Cersei will be the gift.  Did anyone else get this impression?

Yep! Quite plausible and an honorable way for Cersei to depart from this world, by playing the Game of Thrones, or being played!

3 hours ago, Lady Noble said:

I don't know how to undo that. Whenever I tried to respond it was like stuck on quoting you. I even went back out of the forum and came back in and every time I tried to reply it was attaching a quote to you. I'm sorry, :(.

Lol, I'm not upset, it has happened to me, too! I just meant to make clear for other readers that the quoting's messed.

7 hours ago, Holly Macaroni said:

yeah, the leaks seem to indicate it.

IMO that'd be a disappointment.

I mean, him catching Tyrion, a main character, and Dany's hand, or a f****ing dragon...that'd be amazing, put us invested in the story for its greatness, and put Euron in a high villain/fear pedestal.

Catching the sandsnakes wouldn't have that much impact to the viewers...in my case, my immediate thought was that I could live without a conflict between sandsnakes and a villain whom hasn't given any reason for us to care about him thus far.

well to be fair it would throw dorne out of the fight for a bit while they found a new leader. Remember that the sand snakes killed the prince and his heir and as far as we know they were the only martells left. Also i really hope he doesn't but he will probably catch theon and yara as well or at least one. They wouldn't go to cersei but it would still be two good characters he has. I really hope they don't bring in the dragon horn because it's too late in the story and we have had absolutely no mention of anything like it in the show. I doubt he will get tyrion though because tyrion will likely travel with dany.

Probably Obara and Tyene since Nymeria is busy with Netflix. Too bad since Obara and Nymeria are the kinslayers, Ellaria kills little girls and crippled old men while Tyene just killed a bodyguard following her mother's orders and thus is the only one even close to understandable or sympathetic, and the only one that's got a connection to a character we give a damn about of any kind. Guess we'll just pretend Ellaria is a redeemable character all of the sudden.

On 7/18/2017 at 9:44 PM, Brad Stark said:

Euron told Cersei he would bring a priceless gift to the most beautiful woman in the world.

Many people assume he will give Cersei the dragonbinder horn from the books.  Other people think it will be the head of an enemy. 

My theory is Cersei is not the recipient,  Dany is the most beautiful woman and his intended bride.  Cersei will be the gift.  Did anyone else get this impression?

If GRRM was writing the season you'd be on to something.  However based on the information floating around it will probably be

Theon and Yara based on the photos that have been released

The writing has been pretty linear.

Archived