Euron's gift [Spoilers]

Brad Stark

On 7/20/2017 at 10:03 AM, Northern_Star said:

It's going to be Tyrion, he mentioned she should try killing her brother. He also mentioned hands.. tyrion is the the Hand of the Queen. This is the only reason why Jamie would loose it in my opinion,

Good like to him, I'd say, Tyrion is not that easy to catch, especially under Dany's protection.

On 2017-07-18 at 10:44 PM, Brad Stark said:

Euron told Cersei he would bring a priceless gift to the most beautiful woman in the world.

Many people assume he will give Cersei the dragonbinder horn from the books.  Other people think it will be the head of an enemy. 

My theory is Cersei is not the recipient,  Dany is the most beautiful woman and his intended bride.  Cersei will be the gift.  Did anyone else get this impression?

Since Maggy the Frog did make an appearance in the HBO version; I'm going to say this is the part where a younger, more beautiful Queen takes over now that all her children are dead.  Cersei wants revenge on Dorne because of Marcella and Euron's gifts are poison.  So the Sand Snakes.  It follows that Euron's gift to Dany will be Cersei. As king, he can offer her the Iron Throne through marriage. 

Tyrion is in Dany's camp, so I doubt he is Euron's target.    The show isn't the book, however:

A Clash of Kings - Tyrion XII

"I will," he promised, and Alayaya bent over and kissed him on the brow. Her broken lips left a smear of blood on his forehead. A bloody kiss is more than I deserve, Tyrion thought. She would never have been hurt but for me.

Her blood still marked him as he looked down at the queen. "I have never liked you, Cersei, but you were my own sister, so I never did you harm. You've ended that. I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."

From what we know from the leaks is that

Spoiler

Euron is going to crush a huge part of Dany's fleet, killing Theon and/or Asha, and delivering the Sand Snakes into Cersei's hands. Olenna is apparently going to be betrayed by the Tarlys and others which is indicated in the teaser to the next episodes by Cersei warning some people (most likely Reach lords) about the Mad King's daughter - a most nonsensical plot element in the light of the fact that Cersei is very much the Mad Queen by the fact that she blew up the fucking Sept of Baelor.

Apparently Jaime is going to lead the thin air Lannister army to Highgarden where Olenna is going to kill herself with poison while she reveals to Jaime that she poisoned Joffrey.

I adore the idea of Euron bringing a dragon to Cersei. We do know that the Mad Queen likes wildfire, so how could not she be glad with a dragon in her army ? And remember those shots of a dragon's shadow over King's Landing that we had in a trailer a few years ago... and remember the burned Red Keep in Dany's vision at the Undying...

The hints are there, and my guess is definitely that Euron will somehow capture a dragon during a battleship against Dany. Things will go wrong when bringing the dragon to Cersei. It will burn the Red Keep and maybe a part of KL, then fly away and be free in Westeros's sky. IMO, the only thing that is stil to be known is : will Cersei & Jaime die when Dany's puppet gets out of control ? We'll see...

The gift is one of the following:  Tyrion, the sand snakes, or Olenna Tyrell.  And the recipient is Cersei. 

Spoiler

I would love for Euron to bring Jon's and Sansa's tarred heads in a wicker basket.  But that won't happen.  Best guess is Elaria Sand and Yara Greyjoy. 

On 20/07/2017 at 3:23 AM, Ser Snowflake said:

Everybody who has read the books know that Euron's gifts are poisioned. 

Cersei is out of her league while dealing with Euron. I wouldn't be surprised if Euron ends up betraying Cersei. It is entirely within his character. The man murdered his brother and king......why would a man like that be loyal to Cersei?

I also want to add that Cersei is also Euron's type. She is not trustworthy... I think the only person she cannot touch is Jaime (even that, I'm not sure anymore... She has no expression). Cersei is a Lannister. Powerful and wealthy people. I really want to know why would they fight against each other? Euron with Cersei and Jon with Daenerys. Because Daenerys got rid of her previous companion in order to make new alliances by "law" (marraige). Bringing him wouldn't be suitable.... But we all know we are watching the Game Of Thrones. And in GoT nothing really happens like we were waiting them to happen. 

On 7/26/2017 at 6:30 AM, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

I also want to add that Cersei is also Euron's type. She is not trustworthy... I think the only person she cannot touch is Jaime (even that, I'm not sure anymore... She has no expression). Cersei is a Lannister. Powerful and wealthy people. I really want to know why would they fight against each other? Euron with Cersei and Jon with Daenerys. Because Daenerys got rid of her previous companion in order to make new alliances by "law" (marraige). Bringing him wouldn't be suitable.... But we all know we are watching the Game Of Thrones. And in GoT nothing really happens like we were waiting them to happen. 

You want to know why Euron would fight Cersei and vice versa?

1. Well for one thing Cersei is queen of the 7 kingdoms and Euron just crowned himself king of the Iron Islands. Cersei went to war with Both Stannis and Robb Stark for presuming to call themselves king. Why should Euron be any different? I cringed during the dragonstone episode when Cersei introduced Euron to Jaime as King of Iron Islands. She never even addressed the fact that he claims to king of one of her kingdoms (queendoms?) when they met face to face in the throne room. Tywin is rolling in his grave.

2. Euron has a fleet of 1000 ships. He could take KL if he wanted to. Why would he need to marry Cersei for a crown when he already has one?  Cersei and the Lannisters are not as strong as they were when they had the Tyrells backing them . They have no allies and apparently no ships. 

3. The Ironborn and the Westerlands are historical enemies. Just 15 years ago, Euron burned Tywin's fleet in Lannisport. The Lannisters always boast that they pay their debts, but apparently that doesn't apply to Euron. Cersei has had people killed for less than that.

Maybe I'm a little bit biased due to the characterization of Euron in the book. Euron from the book is the most dangerous person in the game of thrones. He aspires to be more than a king.......it almost seems like he aspires to become a god. Euron from the book would have sacked KL, kidnapped Cersei, ripped out her tongue, and made her his salt wife. Yet in the show he acts as if he is Cersei's lackey. Maybe Euron is trying to pull a long con on Cersei......and will eventually betray Cersei and try to flip sides to the dragon queen. He said that he wanted to marry the most beautiful woman in the world and Cersei thinks that he's talking about her. I think that he's talking about Dany. In the book, Euron refers to Dany as the most beautiful woman in the world.

Euron is more untrustworthy than Littlefinger. He's as malicious as Joffrey, as cruel as Ramsay, and as cunning as LF. If Westeros was Gotham City.....Euron would be the Joker.

On 28/07/2017 at 0:08 AM, Ser Snowflake said:

Maybe I'm a little bit biased due to the characterization of Euron in the book. Euron from the book is the most dangerous person in the game of thrones. He aspires to be more than a king.......it almost seems like he aspires to become a god. Euron from the book would have sacked KL, kidnapped Cersei, ripped out her tongue, and made her his salt wife. Yet in the show he acts as if he is Cersei's lackey. Maybe Euron is trying to pull a long con on Cersei......and will eventually betray Cersei and try to flip sides to the dragon queen. He said that he wanted to marry the most beautiful woman in the world and Cersei thinks that he's talking about her. I think that he's talking about Dany. In the book, Euron refers to Dany as the most beautiful woman in the world.

Euron is more untrustworthy than Littlefinger. He's as malicious as Joffrey, as cruel as Ramsay, and as cunning as LF. If Westeros was Gotham City.....Euron would be the Joker.

Well, I stopped reading the books... Maybe my point of view will change... But my prior thoughts were about the fact that Both Cersei and Euron are not trustworthy... 

And yes, Daenerys is the most beautiful woman but she is with Theon and Yara Greyjoy... Anyways, Caitlyn Stark/Tully said "Never trust a Greyjoy". Euron Greyjoy said something about him dreaming about marrying the most beautiful woman in the world. So I assume, reffering to the book, Dany IS in fact that "Beautiful woman"... But it seems really unrealistic since she already Has Theon and Yara who are considered as "traitors" in Euron's eyes...

Haha!! I really like the description you made of him... I really do... But I'm wondering what is his purpose on the Game Of Thrones? Why would the show bring him now? I still don't get it. Everything about him seem so dark.. I don't understand him... I don't understand his character.

19 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Well, I stopped reading the books... Maybe my point of view will change... But my prior thoughts were about the fact that Both Cersei and Euron are not trustworthy... 

And yes, Daenerys is the most beautiful woman but she is with Theon and Yara Greyjoy... Anyways, Caitlyn Stark/Tully said "Never trust a Greyjoy". Euron Greyjoy said something about him dreaming about marrying the most beautiful woman in the world. So I assume, reffering to the book, Dany IS in fact that "Beautiful woman"... But it seems really unrealistic since she already Has Theon and Yara who are considered as "traitors" in Euron's eyes...

Haha!! I really like the description you made of him... I really do... But I'm wondering what is his purpose on the Game Of Thrones? Why would the show bring him now? I still don't get it. Everything about him seem so dark.. I don't understand him... I don't understand his character.

Separating book Euron from show Euron is a little difficult for me. It seems to me that HBO is combining aspects of both Euron and Victarian (his brother from the books).

As to what is his purpose on the Game of Thrones......after the death of Ramsay there is a shortage of real villains left beside Cersei. Joffrey played the main villain role for 3 seasons, and Ramsay did the same for roughly the same period. After Ramsay became puppy chow, it was only natural for Euron to show up to become the main villain. Cersei needed allies and Euron is playing that role perfectly. Book Euron would have never allied with Cersei though. The ironborn and Westermen are natural enemies and Cersei would never treat with Euron as long as he called himself a king.

Book Euron is one of the scariest characters in the whole story IMO. He is seriously messed up and his vision seems a lot bigger than fighting for the Iron Throne. In the book, it is a mystery as to what Euron actually wants to accomplish. He collects wizards, septons, red priests, and warlocks and he is captain of a ship named Silence that is manned by mutes. He is Dany's biggest threat.....not Cersei.

To be honest, I was not that impressed with HBO's version of him. He is slowly growing on me though......he should be wearing an eye patch and his lips are supposed to be blue from drinking Shade of the Evening, which is like a magic potion that makes you see visions. His chapters in AFOC and his sample chapter in TWOW is pretty terrifying. 

I'm curious as to why you stopped reading the books. They are actually better than the show and they provide a lot more context for GOT's more complex characters.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/08/2017 at 4:01 AM, Ser Snowflake said:

Separating book Euron from show Euron is a little difficult for me. It seems to me that HBO is combining aspects of both Euron and Victarian (his brother from the books).

As to what is his purpose on the Game of Thrones......after the death of Ramsay there is a shortage of real villains left beside Cersei. Joffrey played the main villain role for 3 seasons, and Ramsay did the same for roughly the same period. After Ramsay became puppy chow, it was only natural for Euron to show up to become the main villain. Cersei needed allies and Euron is playing that role perfectly. Book Euron would have never allied with Cersei though. The ironborn and Westermen are natural enemies and Cersei would never treat with Euron as long as he called himself a king.

Book Euron is one of the scariest characters in the whole story IMO. He is seriously messed up and his vision seems a lot bigger than fighting for the Iron Throne. In the book, it is a mystery as to what Euron actually wants to accomplish. He collects wizards, septons, red priests, and warlocks and he is captain of a ship named Silence that is manned by mutes. He is Dany's biggest threat.....not Cersei.

To be honest, I was not that impressed with HBO's version of him. He is slowly growing on me though......he should be wearing an eye patch and his lips are supposed to be blue from drinking Shade of the Evening, which is like a magic potion that makes you see visions. His chapters in AFOC and his sample chapter in TWOW is pretty terrifying. 

I'm curious as to why you stopped reading the books. They are actually better than the show and they provide a lot more context for GOT's more complex characters.

mmh Interesting. I see that both book Euron and Show Euron are difficult to predict. So maybe Euron is just on vilain doing his Job. But for me, I would say Cersei is more of a vilain than Euron is. Viewed from the show. I would fear more Cersei than Euron... No actually, I see them equally. They both are crazy people IMO. If he's not interested in winning the iron throne, then why is he there? Does he even know about the threat north of the wall? I really don't understand his character. If we were in season 3, I wouldn't ask anything. But season 6 and he appears? This is strange and bizarre. 

Why I stopped reading the books? I don't know. Yes, the books are great... I love the books. actually, I never stopped reading the books. I just didn't read for a while. That's why.... But I will surely go back to my hobby... 

But can you tell me what you think about Euron? Why is he there? WHy now? (the show) I'm sure you asked yourself those questions. But what were your answers? Except the "vilain" job...

Also what did you mean by "He is Dany's threat... Not Cersei..." I thought he believed Dany was the most beautiful woman ... Why would he be a threat for Dany?

On 8/16/2017 at 8:00 AM, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

mmh Interesting. I see that both book Euron and Show Euron are difficult to predict. So maybe Euron is just on vilain doing his Job. But for me, I would say Cersei is more of a vilain than Euron is. Viewed from the show. I would fear more Cersei than Euron... No actually, I see them equally. They both are crazy people IMO. If he's not interested in winning the iron throne, then why is he there? Does he even know about the threat north of the wall? I really don't understand his character. If we were in season 3, I wouldn't ask anything. But season 6 and he appears? This is strange and bizarre. 

Why I stopped reading the books? I don't know. Yes, the books are great... I love the books. actually, I never stopped reading the books. I just didn't read for a while. That's why.... But I will surely go back to my hobby... 

But can you tell me what you think about Euron? Why is he there? WHy now? (the show) I'm sure you asked yourself those questions. But what were your answers? Except the "vilain" job...

Also what did you mean by "He is Dany's threat... Not Cersei..." I thought he believed Dany was the most beautiful woman ... Why would he be a threat for Dany?

Euron is mentioned in every book (I believe), but he didn't show up until AFOC.  

He should have showed up in Season 5, but the show decided to save him until Season 6. I think that show had too many characters and needed to kill off some bad guys to make room for Euron.

Book Euron and Show Euron are completely different characters. Please excuse me if it seems that I'm pontificating, but it's hard for me to separate both of them. Show Euron is portrayed as a lackey of Cersei, and is only there to help bolster her chances against Dany. This is almost laughable to book readers because in the book, Euron is at war with all of Westeros. He doesn't make allies with Lords and Ladies from the Green Lands. Book Euron collects wizards, Septons, warlocks, priests, and anybody that has anything to do with magic. He tells Damphair in a rambling monologue that he aspires to become a God. 

I would be surprised if Euron doesn't know what's going on beyond the Wall. He knows more than most people in the 7 Kingdoms and that includes Littlefinger and Varys. He sees things when he drinks the Shade of the Evening, and those pet wizards that he collects keeps him up to date on all things regarding Magic and sorcery.

I believe that Book Euron is either the Great Other or is in league with him. Book Euron sends his brother (Victarian) to find and bring back Dany, who he calls the most beautiful woman in the world. I think that Euron only wants her dragons, to use for some evil purpose. He claims to have in his possession, a dragonhorn that can bind dragons to his will. That is why he is a danger to Dany.

In the show, I think that he will eventually betray Cersei.  This would be awesome if it goes down like that. No one should trust him because he is not worthy of anyone's trust. Euron's  ego is as big as the wall and he is not the type to play second fiddle to anyone.....and that includes Cersei and Dany.

6 hours ago, Ser Snowflake said:

Euron is mentioned in every book (I believe), but he didn't show up until AFOC.  

He should have showed up in Season 5, but the show decided to save him until Season 6. I think that show had too many characters and needed to kill off some bad guys to make room for Euron.

Book Euron and Show Euron are completely different characters. Please excuse me if it seems that I'm pontificating, but it's hard for me to separate both of them. Show Euron is portrayed as a lackey of Cersei, and is only there to help bolster her chances against Dany. This is almost laughable to book readers because in the book, Euron is at war with all of Westeros. He doesn't make allies with Lords and Ladies from the Green Lands. Book Euron collects wizards, Septons, warlocks, priests, and anybody that has anything to do with magic. He tells Damphair in a rambling monologue that he aspires to become a God. 

I would be surprised if Euron doesn't know what's going on beyond the Wall. He knows more than most people in the 7 Kingdoms and that includes Littlefinger and Varys. He sees things when he drinks the Shade of the Evening, and those pet wizards that he collects keeps him up to date on all things regarding Magic and sorcery.

I believe that Book Euron is either the Great Other or is in league with him. Book Euron sends his brother (Victarian) to find and bring back Dany, who he calls the most beautiful woman in the world. I think that Euron only wants her dragons, to use for some evil purpose. He claims to have in his possession, a dragonhorn that can bind dragons to his will. That is why he is a danger to Dany.

In the show, I think that he will eventually betray Cersei.  This would be awesome if it goes down like that. No one should trust him because he is not worthy of anyone's trust. Euron's  ego is as big as the wall and he is not the type to play second fiddle to anyone.....and that includes Cersei and Dany.

Ok. I understand. He's a strange guy...

16 hours ago, Being Daenerys Targaryen said:

Ok. I understand. He's a strange guy...

This.

In a story that includes wargs, three-eyed ravens, drgaons, dragon queens, warlocks, 8ft. knights, wights, ice zombies, manticores, assassins, direwolves, giants, mammoths, and dwarves; Euron is  the strangest of the strange.

Archived