Anyone else like euron?

snow is the man

I take back most everything I said about Euron. Already sick of him. Not because he did anything I wasn't expecting (I'd already read the spoilers). In retrospect I don't even like his first scene of this season. Was just trying way too hard to imagine there would be an interesting end-game villain in this series. Cersei is played out, imo, and D.B. Weiss said himself that he doesn't even think of the Night King as a villain, that's he's "just death" with no mind of his own.

I actually am thoroughly enjoying Euron this season.  I wasn't a fan of him last season, mainly because he was stripped of some of the most devious traits he possessed in the books.  But as far as TV goes, he's viscous, he's ruthless and he is constantly messing with Jaime on the low, and that's my favorite part.  lol  The scene in Ep 3 where he is asking Jaime for pointers or advice is hilarious.  Especially when you see Jaime about to explode and then Euron is just like "Shhhh... We'll talk later..."  it's great! 

I don't think a book version of Euron would translate well to TV.  If they threw in a disheveled, eyepatch wearing sexy pirate with blue lips it'd look a bit comic-like.  Similar to if they used a Vargo Hoat.  They were great characters in the book but replicated in TV it would detract from the storyline i think

I was massively disappointed with the Series 6 Euron but this season he's really improved and i think they are doing what they can with him without making him a bit of a cartoon.

I liked him trolling Jaime too, i wonder if he'd have done that when Jaime had two hands...?

Archived